• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Jose Mourinho - SACKED

Don’t think he’s the answer to our problems.

Think he’s done as top level manager. Lampard killed us off in first half the way they set up.
Wasn't a difficult fix but he just seemed to stubbornly ignore the very obvious problems in front of his eyes. Even more concerning for me is that he decided to go with this lineup despite the very clear problems it had in previous games.

Not good enough from, not good enough at all.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Fapatalk

Wasn't a difficult fix but he just seemed to stubbornly ignore the very obvious problems in front of his eyes. Even more concerning for me is that he decided to go with this lineup despite the very clear problems it had in previous games.

Not good enough from, not good enough at all.

Totally agree. Sad to see this was as bad as anything served up under Poch

Shockingly poor today.

The commentators said MouMou was up on his feet trying to correct things, shouting for the first half hour.

But he couldn't fix it, we were truly awful today.

Outclassed tactically. Outclassed.

Foyth would have headed that long ball away for sure.

I'm not the biggest Mourinho fan but today was not on him at all. I don't think Chelsea looked that dangerous in the first half. They were better than us but we made two chances, and gave them two chances.

It was on the players - Son, Gazza and Aurier. Mourinho is still feeling out his squad, harsh to judge his selection at this point. The season is long and if we continue to beat the small teams and lose to the big ones we will make top four (I'm sure no-one wants to hear that now).

I'm not the biggest Mourinho fan but today was not on him at all. I don't think Chelsea looked that dangerous in the first half. They were better than us but we made two chances, and gave them two chances.

It was on the players - Son, Gazza and Aurier. Mourinho is still feeling out his squad, harsh to judge his selection at this point. The season is long and if we continue to beat the small teams and lose to the big ones we will make top four (I'm sure no-one wants to hear that now).

Harsh to judge his selection, but perfectly proper to judge his reaction, or lack of.
It is on the players, they aren't good enough, third best squad in the league is really starting to look stupid now.

I agree. He needs to be given a pass until the end of the season. This isn't his squad and we all know where we need to improve. It is going to take a couple of windows to bring in the right players and get rid of the deadwood.

I agree. He needs to be given a pass until the end of the season. This isn't his squad and we all know where we need to improve. It is going to take a couple of windows to bring in the right players and get rid of the deadwood.
I won't give him a pass when the same problems were apparent in previous games. Instead of addressing that we just tried to do the same thing again and surprise surprise the opposition exploited the very obvious weakness. That's on the manager, if you put players in a system that will not get the best of them then that is on the manager.

No i don't agree with that, we changed managers because we thought the players here were good enough to have us where we want to be, which is what Mourinho has said since his arrival and reportedly what he was telling Levy prior to getting the job.

He's a short term manager who needs to get results quickly in order to justify his appointment.

Harsh to judge his selection, but perfectly proper to judge his reaction, or lack of.
It is on the players, they aren't good enough, third best squad in the league is really starting to look stupid now.

I guess this is something I've said - '3rd best squad' that you're now waving at me like an angry man with an inflatable hammer? If so, I stand by it - I think we have the third best squad.

I won't give him a pass when the same problems were apparent in previous games. Instead of addressing that we just tried to do the same thing again and surprise surprise the opposition exploited the very obvious weakness. That's on the manager, if you put players in a system that will not get the best of them then that is on the manager.

He's set the team up to get the best out of what we have and results have improved, even if performances have been a bit flat. He can only work with what he has though and he needs a RB and central midfielder urgently.

No i don't agree with that, we changed managers because we thought the players here were good enough to have us where we want to be, which is what Mourinho has said since his arrival and reportedly what he was telling Levy prior to getting the job.

He's a short term manager who needs to get results quickly in order to justify his appointment.

I took all of that with a pinch of salt. Sign a decent RB and a defensive midfielder who can pass to play alongside Ndombele and we'll look a different team.

I think that he gets a pass this season to work out who he wants replaced and then needs to deliver next season.

He's set the team up to get the best out of what we have and results have improved, even if performances have been a bit flat. He can only work with what he has though and he needs a RB and central midfielder urgently.
We have a central midfielder, his name is Tanguy Ndombele and he came on his the 2nd half showed his class. We need to be doing whatever we can to get this man on the pitch. Failing that play Winks for one of the bruisers because them as a pair is simply horrible. So again I can't give him a pass, he knows what their capabilities are. He even said himself that he does not see Sissoko as a double pivot player yet he's continuing to pick him there with all the problems that is causing. There's really no excuse for what we saw today. I knew the match would play out the way it did, I'm sure you did too once you saw the lineup.

I guess this is something I've said - '3rd best squad' that you're now waving at me like an angry man with an inflatable hammer? If so, I stand by it - I think we have the third best squad.

I'm not waving it at you in particular, I'm waving it at everyone that said it three months ago.
Just realised that you are the poster that responded to my half time comments, pure coincidence I responded to you, nothing personal.
And yes I'm bloody angry :mad:

Totally agree. Sad to see this was as bad as anything served up under Poch

It was absolute toilet. Worse than the worst game under Poch and probably as bad as some of the hammerings we took under AVB and Tactics Tim. But I have faith Mourinho will get it right.

It was absolute toilet. Worse than the worst game under Poch and probably as bad as some of the hammerings we took under AVB and Tactics Tim. But I have faith Mourinho will get it right.

It is all down to opinions and does depend on whether you're looking at the broader picture of how some non football related issues affected the game but if you're just looking at our performance today I'm sorry but the bolded is just outrageously incorrect.

Chelsea had control of the game but we weren't absolutely raped like the AVB collapses. They were proper Pulp Fiction + no lube situations + dark alley type situations that unsurprisingly no one wants to re-visit.

Some suicidal moments and playing right in to Chelsea's system yes for sure; no one is saying it was a pleasant watch but I don't think you can seriously say that it was worse than Bayern at home or the Brighton game.

It is all down to opinions and does depend on whether you're looking at the broader picture of how some non football related issues affected the game but if you're just looking at our performance today I'm sorry but the bolded is just outrageously incorrect.

Chelsea had control of the game but we weren't absolutely raped like the AVB collapses. They were proper Pulp Fiction + no lube situations + dark alley type situations that unsurprisingly no one wants to re-visit.

Some suicidal moments and playing right in to Chelsea's system yes for sure; no one is saying it was a pleasant watch but I don't think you can seriously say that it was worse than Bayern at home or the Brighton game.

I have to think that you have a better command of the English language than to throw that around. Please don't. I ask this not as a mod but as a man who finds the word -let alone the action it represents- vile.

Back