• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT. TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR Vs Wolverhampton Wanderers

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It’s a wonky. Dele still next to Kane with either Son or Moura providing the width- assisted by Aurier’s overlaps.

It's a fudge until he can get players in that he trusts. I am sure that he'll look to replace Aurier and he has said that he doesn't see Sissoko as a central midfielder, so he is filling in the until Winks/Ndombele is fit or sign another CM.

How did united exploit it or wolves?

both seemed to have a plan to take it wide to either rashford or traore. That was their threat 90% of the time
In my point they mostly exploited our lacking ability in passing through pressure to keep us from playing and maintain pressure on us. United clearly exploited our weaknesses at the right side of our defense, though Rashford is of course also a tremendous player. Wolves weren't as dangerous down that side, but did cause us problems.

I like that.

What I like most is the fact hes in Mourinho's face, hes making decisions - being as involved as anyone.

I think its easy to assume Mourinho is some sort of dictator, and those under him just do their jobs - but this is clearly a collaborative thing.

It's a fudge until he can get players in that he trusts. I am sure that he'll look to replace Aurier and he has said that he doesn't see Sissoko as a central midfielder, so he is filling in the until Winks/Ndombele is fit or sign another CM.

General press, and some fans, IMO are taking what we are doing now and assuming thats the plan.

Id suggest its really just a case of needs must at this point, and not "optimal" at all.

Jose is trying to get the basics through to the players, the 'defensive process', pressing queues etc, but I really dont think this is the team as he sees it. Its just a means to getting results and momentum until he can really shape it how he likes.

Wolves captain Conor Coady has given his thoughts on Tottenham’s approach to stopping Adama Traore in Sunday’s match at Molineux.

Traore netted Wolves’ goal but was unable to prevent his side going down 2-1 and Coady has admitted it was frustrating to watch the winger being treated like that.

He said on Sky Sports, via the Daily Mail: “Tottenham were clever in terms of how different players were fouling him but it’s hard from our point of view to keep seeing that. That’s what’s disappointing. It was obviously something they said and then did. It’s hard to take because [it’s] every time he beats his man. We speak to referees every game.

“They say they can’t do much about it because they are booking the players and they are not red card offences. It’s so frustrating for us, when he gets past players then brought down. Adama is phenomenal. Teams are ganging up on him; one player, then another player. He is unstoppable at times and you have seen that against world-class players.”

After their treatment of our players, Id say this is a bit rich, pot... kettle...

In my point they mostly exploited our lacking ability in passing through pressure to keep us from playing and maintain pressure on us. United clearly exploited our weaknesses at the right side of our defense, though Rashford is of course also a tremendous player. Wolves weren't as dangerous down that side, but did cause us problems.
United had less possession than us and IMO played really well in midfield but that came because we had one CM playing (Sissoko right back)
Wolves midfield had plenty of ball but again they created so little of note. Watching that game I could only see wolves scoring from a worldie as we had set up defensively so well

people need to recognise that José will set his team up differently game to game and it’s why he wins games like this. He doesn’t care for possession. He cares about exploiting errors and weaknesses and it get him results

Wolves captain Conor Coady has given his thoughts on Tottenham’s approach to stopping Adama Traore in Sunday’s match at Molineux.

Traore netted Wolves’ goal but was unable to prevent his side going down 2-1 and Coady has admitted it was frustrating to watch the winger being treated like that.

He said on Sky Sports, via the Daily Mail: “Tottenham were clever in terms of how different players were fouling him but it’s hard from our point of view to keep seeing that. That’s what’s disappointing. It was obviously something they said and then did. It’s hard to take because [it’s] every time he beats his man. We speak to referees every game.

“They say they can’t do much about it because they are booking the players and they are not red card offences. It’s so frustrating for us, when he gets past players then bought down. Adama is phenomenal. Teams are ganging up on him; one player, then another player. He is unstoppable at times and you have seen that against world-class players.”

After their treatment of our players, Id say this is a bit rich, pot... kettle...

sure I read that Moura had the most fouls made on him and they had 3 players booked for fouls in him. They had as many bookings as us.

General press, and some fans, IMO are taking what we are doing now and assuming thats the plan.

Id suggest its really just a case of needs must at this point, and not "optimal" at all.

Jose is trying to get the basics through to the players, the 'defensive process', pressing queues etc, but I really dont think this is the team as he sees it. Its just a means to getting results and momentum until he can really shape it how he likes.

I agree. I think that the current team is four or five players away from being a Mourinho side. Realistically, we're not going to see that until next season but hopefully, we'll get a couple of steps closer next month. Until then, he making best with what he has but the compromises he is making to accommodate certain players is going to get exposed by the better teams.

I agree. I think that the current team is four or five players away from being a Mourinho side. Realistically, we're not going to see that until next season but hopefully, we'll get a couple of steps closer next month. Until then, he making best with what he has but the compromises he is making to accommodate certain players is going to get exposed by the better teams.

Honestly I think its "time" more than "4 or 5 players" away from being a Mourinho side.

He needs time to work with them, shape them, train them. That being done, Id say its more likely 1 or 2 players away from being ideal for him.

Dont know if it was picked up, but he said in a press conference the other day he has a week booked in January to work with the players (FA cup week?) - the impression was them going away for a training camp. He also had a week in Feb he was eyeing up.

I think it will make a big difference

Honestly I think its "time" more than "4 or 5 players" away from being a Mourinho side.

He needs time to work with them, shape them, train them. That being done, Id say its more likely 1 or 2 players away from being ideal for him.

Dont know if it was picked up, but he said in a press conference the other day he has a week booked in January to work with the players (FA cup week?) - the impression was them going away for a training camp. He also had a week in Feb he was eyeing up.

I think it will make a big difference

Two fullbacks and a central midfielder are a priority and two of those three are an urgent requirement. Depending on contracts and form, we could add a CB and keeper to that.

“They say they can’t do much about it because they are booking the players and they are not red card offences. It’s so frustrating for us, when he gets past players then bought down. Adama is phenomenal. Teams are ganging up on him; one player, then another player. He is unstoppable at times and you have seen that against world-class players.”

He is a scouser so not surprised how dim he is !!!

Two fullbacks and a central midfielder are a priority and two of those three are an urgent requirement. Depending on contracts and form, we could add a CB and keeper to that.

A RB is of great importance.

Everything else is nice to have/optional, IMO.

After which its more replacing those who leave.

Honestly dont buy into the whole rebuild narrative that grew up around this season and Pochs struggles.

Of course strengthening is always welcome, but as to how essential or urgent things are - I seem to have a very different opinion to many here.

A RB is of great importance.

Everything else is nice to have/optional, IMO.

After which its more replacing those who leave.

Honestly dont buy into the whole rebuild narrative that grew up around this season and Pochs struggles.

Of course strengthening is always welcome, but as to how essential or urgent things are - I seem to have a very different opinion to many here.

I agree on RB, we'll be a much improved side if we just sign a first choice in January. I think that he'll want another central midfielder too. The others can wait until the summer but I think he'll want to strengthen.

I agree on RB, we'll be a much improved side if we just sign a first choice in January. I think that he'll want another central midfielder too. The others can wait until the summer but I think he'll want to strengthen.

Midfield is complicated, and I dont think just buying someone is the answer to it.

Dier, Winks, NDombele, Skipp, Lo Celso(?), Sissoko, Eriksen, Wanyama - theres already a good number of players there to play.

The answer may well be patience, getting NDombele/Lo Celso/Skipp etc up to speed, rather than purchase - and congesting an already well stocked part of the team.

Put it this way, we can sell Eriksen and Wanyama in Jan and theres no need to replace them.

RB is just weak, and really needs addressing, and getting in a first choice would be transformative for the team (and Joses options) IMHO.

Id happily replace Rose, though I wonder whether Sessegnon will be developed there sooner rather than later (he isnt ousting Son anytime soon).

If Alderweireld or Vertonghen go, they need replacing.

To me its much more about working with what we have than any real essential need to buy (aside from RB).

I think an influx of 4 or 5 as you suggest, unless we sell as many, will leave the squad in pretty dodgy shape.

Midfield is complicated, and I dont think just buying someone is the answer to it.

Dier, Winks, NDombele, Skipp, Lo Celso(?), Sissoko, Eriksen, Wanyama - theres already a good number of players there to play.

The answer may well be patience, getting NDombele/Lo Celso/Skipp etc up to speed, rather than purchase - and congesting an already well stocked part of the team.

Put it this way, we can sell Eriksen and Wanyama in Jan and theres no need to replace them.

RB is just weak, and really needs addressing, and getting in a first choice would be transformative for the team (and Joses options) IMHO.

Id happily replace Rose, though I wonder whether Sessegnon will be developed there sooner rather than later (he isnt ousting Son anytime soon).

If Alderweireld or Vertonghen go, they need replacing.

To me its much more about working with what we have than any real essential need to buy (aside from RB).

I think an influx of 4 or 5 as you suggest, unless we sell as many, will leave the squad in pretty dodgy shape.

Midfield is as you say complicated but for the first time in a while, I trust Mourinho to sort it even with Levy who will never be throwing unnecessary money around.
I agree re Wanyama. But still even now think we will miss Eriksen big time as we look to the future.

Midfield is as you say complicated but for the first time in a while, I trust Mourinho to sort it even with Levy who will never be throwing unnecessary money around.
I agree re Wanyama. But still even now think we will miss Eriksen big time as we look to the future.

Time we moved on.

I dont think Eriksens absence has been felt anywhere near as much as expected.

And, IMO, the signs are there that once Mourinho gets us firing on all cylinders itll be a case of "Eriksen who?"

Asked if an ugly win was a sign of Mourinho's growing influence, Vertonghen said: "Yeah, I think so. The gaffer has a lot to do with it – he has brought that fighting mentality back. We had lots of games last season when we won right at the end. It is the best feeling, we can’t give up. Wolves wanted a late goal too – but we believed just that little bit more.

"We had a lot of meetings this week about this game because, tactically, Wolves are a very good side, they will always have good spells in the game, especially in the first half," Vertonghen added. "It was tough one, towards the end we were thinking, 'Should we be happy with a draw or not?’ But this feeling is better.

"At 1-1, you're going to waste some time or try to go for the win. We had two thoughts there."

Vertonghen said a first League goal since the opening day of last season was particularly sweet after an exhausting outing against Traore, who repeatedly found a way past the stand-in full-back and took full advantage when Vertonghen backed off him from 20 yards for Wolves' equaliser.

"I tried to take the attention away from [my performance] with my goal!" Vertonghen said. "But it was tough, playing one-v-one against someone like that with so much pace. But we defended well.

"I asked to go up for [the] corner, for that element of surprise," Vertonghen added. "And I was allowed, so that was good. We have such a big team – [Eric] Dier, [Harry] Kane, Dele [Alli], Toby [Alderweireld], [Davinson] Sanchez – you have to decide who to keep at the back. Hopefully I’ve changed that decision! But my feeling would not be any different if someone else had scored.

"If you saw the celebrations at the end of the game, it meant a lot for us, we dug in deep and coming away with the win meant a lot to us.

"Everyone is feeling it's possible to get that fourth spot. A couple of weeks ago we were 12 points down, in 14th, 15th place. If you look at where we're at now, it's a good place."

We won’t miss Eriksen at all, we’ve been playing without him for about a year as it is. I don’t think we even need to buy an attacking midfielder. I don’t want to see Alli pushed out again and the front four we have compliment each other well. Dombele is a deeper kind of playmaker.
Agreed. IMHO, Lo Celso and Ndombele were bought to replace Eriksen and Sissoko and become, with Winks, the heart of our midfield, behind a combination of Son, Kane, Alli and Moura. I hope they both get the chance to prove that they belong there. Just a pity that neither has set the league alight yet, be it due to injury or slow adaptation.

One of our biggest issues is finding a decent free kick and corner taker. In our last few games we have resorted to Son and previously Winks and even Dele taking corners. We are missing Lamela in this respect and probably Lo Celso. It was Eriksen coming on and taking the free kick and corner which won us the game on Sunday, although admittedly Eriksen's recent dead ball kicks before Sunday have been dreadful

Back