• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Jose Mourinho - SACKED

Its why he wins BIG games
He knows where teams make mistakes and has built his philosophy and style around that
Other managers have their tactical and team dynamic approach. Mou has that but targets errors as the biggest opportunity

I guess we already knew as much, but seeing it first hand is different. And fascinating.

I think the perception before was that it was a negative thing. Clearly its not.

While we do negate the oppositions strengths (or try to), we still play a positive, attacking game ourselves.

I think its almost surgical though the way we seem to just operate in ways to kill the opposition game.

The wheels were always going to come off at some point. With such a young team, its inevitable.

Equally, Lampard is still really a rookie manager and learning himself.

I think Chelsea are there to be beaten, and I think Mourinho is exactly the sort of guy who would know how to do it.

Im also very happy he actually has a full week to work with the players, I think it could be a bit of a game changer.

All that said, Im much more "cautiously optimistic" than in any way expectant.

Chelsea are a very dangerous team, pacey, skilful, and being young able to be bold and a bit "hyper".

While they arent in form now, a derby might be just the thing to fire them up and get them going again...

The Man Utd game showed how form can be such a transient thing and less tangible factors can come into play to give us a result that really shouldn't have happened.

The Man Utd game showed how form can be such a transient thing and less tangible factors can come into play to give us a result that really shouldn't have happened.
Form shows that Man U beat Leicester,Chelsea, drew with Arsenal and Liverpool before they played us, and beat Emirates Marketing Project after us. It is the lesser teams they have struggled against....

Form shows that Man U beat Leicester,Chelsea, drew with Arsenal and Liverpool before they played us, and beat Emirates Marketing Project after us. It is the lesser teams they have struggled against....
Been their Achilles heel for some time
Same with pool when they were in their “development” stage

I think they are already under a bit of pressure.
We can probably trust Mourinho to turn the screw.
Exactly the honeymoon period is over and there will be a few players who haven’t played in the derby before. Plus no Hazard.
Not that I want to under estimate them but a month ago the confidence level of both teams would have been very different. It’s not a game where Frank can say just keep doing what you’ve been doing so I’m hoping he over complicates it whereas we will have a smile and direct plan to put them under the cosh.

Their previous 2 league games had been draws with Sheffield United and Villa in which their performances were filled with signs of hope for a well-prepared Spurs side that turned up to be able to exploit.
I agree (how can you not) that they've upped their game against the bigger teams but it seemed like our players were just not expecting that and played substantially under-par, not just because they were made to by a more motivated Man Utd team.
Anyway...what's done is done.

The wheels were always going to come off at some point. With such a young team, its inevitable.

Equally, Lampard is still really a rookie manager and learning himself.

I think Chelsea are there to be beaten, and I think Mourinho is exactly the sort of guy who would know how to do it.

Im also very happy he actually has a full week to work with the players, I think it could be a bit of a game changer.

All that said, Im much more "cautiously optimistic" than in any way expectant.

Chelsea are a very dangerous team, pacey, skilful, and being young able to be bold and a bit "hyper".

While they arent in form now, a derby might be just the thing to fire them up and get them going again...
If we play the Sissoko/Dier axis we will have trouble as Chelsea will have a lot of the ball in dangerous areas and have more quality than Wolves to exploit any dominance they are able to exert. Add in the local derby element and it is as difficult a proposition for us as it is for them.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Fapatalk

If we play the Sissoko/Dier axis we will have trouble as Chelsea will have a lot of the ball in dangerous areas and have more quality than Wolves to exploit any dominance they are able to exert. Add in the local derby element and it is as difficult a proposition for us as it is for them.
I'm not so sure about that. Sure, the Chelsea of old did, but would you take Mount, Willian, Abraham and Pulisic over Moutinho, Neves, Jimenez and Jota? Close, true, but the Chelsea attackers aren't obviously superior. Add in a fifth and you have Batshuayi/Hudson-Odoi vs Traore, which I'd say swings it into Wolves' favour.

I'm not so sure about that. Sure, the Chelsea of old did, but would you take Mount, Willian, Abraham and Pulisic over Moutinho, Neves, Jimenez and Jota? Close, true, but the Chelsea attackers aren't obviously superior. Add in a fifth and you have Batshuayi/Hudson-Odoi vs Traore, which I'd say swings it into Wolves' favour.

You might be right, although I was more talking in the final third. Chelsea have scored quite a bit more than Wolves so if you gave Chelsea the same dominance and positions that Wolves had then I'd be worried Chelsea would be more directly threatening and likely to score.

True, but I was talking about the final third. Agreed, those three are superior to the Wolves equivalents, but they're not (usually) the ones turning dominance into goals.
They don't need to directly, Chelsea have scored 7 more goals across the 17 games so far, they are a more dangerous proposition. It would be irresponsible to think "we just about survived against Wolves, lets do the exact thing with Chelsea and the result will be the same".

Now of course I'm not saying that Chelsea will neccesarly dominate, but so far that has been the reoccurring pattern when that pairing is selected against the higher quality opposition.

True, but I was talking about the final third. Agreed, those three are superior to the Wolves equivalents, but they're not (usually) the ones turning dominance into goals.

Between the three of them they would likely dominate midfield, which means their forwards will have a good day...

Their forwards are a bit flakey/hit and miss, but they have quality

their the ones who have forgotten to help their defence again aren’t they?

I think injury has played a part

Between the three of them they would likely dominate midfield, which means their forwards will have a good day...

Their forwards are a bit flakey/hit and miss, but they have quality

I think injury has played a part
I don't disagree. My argument was that, given equal amounts of possession/domination, the Chelsea forwards wouldn't necessarily score more than the Wolves forwards, i.e. that they aren't to be as feared as they once were.

Splitting a hair, perhaps -- I absolutely agree that Chelsea have a stronger midfield than Wolves and would therefore have more possession, create more chances, and score more goals.

I'm really not worried given a week to prep Jose will use same tactics as vs Wolves.

The energy of Wolves performance is what was hard to cope with, I don't see another team matching that over 90 mins

Back