• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Jose Mourinho - SACKED

The one (only) positive from united, was our passing. Clearly the Portuguese ego-mania has been at work on it. For so long I wanted Poch to spruce up our passing. Within a few games we are trying one-touch passes, and moving the ball quickly.

I remember we lost to west ham at Wembley in the cup, we moved the ball so slowly that day, it was chronic. The following game Poch has us firing the ball about! Each pass a rocket. I thought, at last, he's doing it. But it was one game and we reverted.

With Mourinho you have a sense that he has a clearer vision. He's reacting less than Poch and has some key things he requires. Poch had them too, but quicker passing wasn't one of them.

he didn’t park the bus at Porto, or a chelsea or Madrid... and not always at Inter. United he did as they were mainly a squad stacked with average defenders

I agree he is not a defensive manager and its just a stick that has been used to belittle what he has achieved over his career. There has been a lot of rubbish said about him by some ' (dour, defensive, nasty etc,etc) the truth is he is a serial winner and to be a serial winner at anything you have to be someone who has a edge to him and it comes out at times.

I agree he is not a defensive manager and its just a stick that has been used to belittle what he has achieved over his career. There has been a lot of rubbish said about him by some ' (dour, defensive, nasty etc,etc) the truth is he is a serial winner and to be a serial winner at anything you have to be someone who has a edge to him and it comes out at times.
IMO it all stems from his time at United
In reality as I’ve said before when you look at who he inherited and what he did it was very decent

We enter a critical phase, thoughts of tinsel, mistletoe, unwrapping presents and Turkey must be put to the back of the mind for the greater good.

After Germany, which is by all accounts a valuable opportunity to experiment and observe those on the fringes, I would but focus on our next four premier league games and strive if possible to win them all.

Wolves away, Chelsea and Brighton (we owe those fudgers) at home followed by Norwich away and Southampton away as dawn breaks on a new year.

The gods must be entreated thus they send favour to us in our endeavours.

It is no small feat, that task, or to acquire 5 consecutive wins when previous history would suggest scaling that mountain would be beyond us!

Yet attempt the climb we must, with knowledge that if we can do this, the rewards are obvious and perhaps it’s the only chance we have of competing for the top 4 positions.

Wolves away is so difficult but it’s the first test of many, and it comforts my heart to know that in the challenges to come, we are aided by an incredible, passionate and beautiful away support.

Christmas is an important time for giving, but my message to our players and manager is that we need to be ‘taking’ over the Festive period, three precious points, again and relentlessly again and again.

The distraction of Europe ends this week, so mind and heart must spur us on to ensure everything is in order at home.

We enter a critical phase, thoughts of tinsel, mistletoe, unwrapping presents and Turkey must be put to the back of the mind for the greater good.

After Germany, which is by all accounts a valuable opportunity to experiment and observe those on the fringes, I would but focus on our next four premier league games and strive if possible to win them all.

Wolves away, Chelsea and Brighton (we owe those fudgers) at home followed by Norwich away and Southampton away as dawn breaks on a new year.

It is no small feat, that task, or to acquire 5 consecutive wins when previous history would suggest scaling that mountain would be beyond us!

Yet attempt the climb we must, with knowledge that if we can do this, the rewards are obvious and perhaps it’s the only chance we have of competing for the top 4 positions.

Wolves away is so difficult but it’s the first test of many, and it comforts my heart to know that in the challenges to come, we are aided by an incredible, passionate and beautiful away support.

Christmas is an important time for giving, but my message to our players and manager is that we need to be ‘taking’ over the Festive period, three precious points, again and relentlessly again and again.

The distraction of Europe ends this week, so mind and heart must spur us on to ensure everything is in order at home.
I don’t mind winning just four of those as long as one of the wins is Chelsea!

I don’t mind winning just four of those as long as one of the wins is Chelsea!

I believe we can do it, I also believe we can be flaky enough to fall at the first hurdle to a very good side in Wolves, all focus must be on them first, they earn that respect...

it’s all very well tickling Burnley’s belly, now we need to put on a run...of course beating fat franks boys would be what we want with a snarl, but the others require the same levels of Murder in the heart.

“Of course you start from scratch with someone,” Dier explained. “It is very different. There is no history and a freedom in that.

“I am really enjoying it, enjoying playing and feel with every game I am feeling better and better.

“We have spoken a lot – both in English and Portuguese! His mentality appeals to me and it is very special.

“Having grown up in Portugal to go from what he was doing at the time to now be playing under him is very special.

“I was a kid at the time but he was a very big thing so it is special to be working for him.

“It is natural that we have that connection but it is nothing more than that and up to me to perform. I know that if I do perform, like I know I can, I will be able to play.”

“That is my motivation, [to make the Euro 2020 squad]” he said. “My motivation is to firstly play well for Tottenham. To play and play well. And by doing that, I know everything else will take care of itself and fall into place.”

Apologies if it’s already been posted but this popped up on my YouTube suggestions today...

Hopefully chapter 5 will focus on bringing back the glory days to Tottenham...

I know he's been jolly charming since arriving at Spurs, but he is a lo-o-o-o-o-ong way from convincing me to watch a series of videos honouring his odious self-aggrandising climb to the top.

Its interesting, IMO, I watched them a while back.

Of course there is no shortage of ego, but I think its always interesting to see these things from the inside - worth watching.

Coaches Voice do ones on individual matches as well, with the manager detailing why the set up a certain way etc - I think theres a Mourinho one for that Inter/Barca game.

I think you'll be sorely disappointed come January. Hope I'm wrong.

I think you'll be sorely disappointed come January. Hope I'm wrong.

Being sorely disappointed is par of the course when following spurs.

I think we should aim for the heavens, I believe we’re good enough to ‘ win em all’

we shall see, Wolves are dangerous, and Traore running at our lb, fills me with worries.

Being sorely disappointed is par of the course when following spurs.

I think we should aim for the heavens, I believe we’re good enough to ‘ win em all’

we shall see, Wolves are dangerous, and Traore running at our lb, fills me with worries.
Will certainly be a good challenge for Vertonghen. Then again the same was said about James. Some protection and defending well as a team will be important, but I would worry more about Traore up against Aurier.

Back