• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Politics, politics, politics (so long and thanks for all the fish)

I don't disagree with you. I just think there's an invisible line, and it's been frequently crossed in this country in recent times. Clearly, where that line is (or if it exists at all) is a matter of debate.

I don’t think there is a line here at all, if peaceful public protest is not allowed it’s no longer a democracy

that’s a slippery slope

My issue isn't with the protest, its the time and place, Glasgows busiest shopping street on a Friday night just before Christmas.
The street was rammed full with families before this and it was a disaster waiting to happen.
Add in the foul and abusive language with their attitude of we are exercising our democtatic right so fudge off it wasn't a protest it was nothing short of an intimidating rabble.
If cor yn had won and that was an anti corbyn rally it would have been all over the press up here.

I'm ambivalent about brexit and it connotations, in the end I think a deal to suit everyone other than the NI bampots will be done.
But the SNP indyref really tinkles me off.
Can I just point out that they won 80% of the seats in Scotland with 45% of the vote, so that is not an overwhelming mandate for independance.
Go and sort out the child deaths at the new super hospital in Glasgow and try getting the massively delayed and over budget childrens hospital in Edinburgh open, or the huge drug problem on our streets, or the immigration crisis in your own constituency, or the calmac/fergson ferries debacle, or the schools that are failing so badly you've pulled them from international standard tables just to not get embarrassed everytime results are published.
There's plenty to get on with, most your own making, instead of this pathetic ego trip.

What is it with people that they think it’s now somehow ok and acceptable to protest against the results of democratic votes? Its fudging embarrassing, stop it you absolute fudgetards!

Sign of the times and has been for a while, it seems that those who lose a democratic vote feel they have a right to call the other side all sorts of things, you only have to read the begining of this thread to see those who voted for Brexit being called all sorts ( including being branded/suggested as racists by some).

Brexit is done? Remember when you laid a bet it would be "done" in the autumn? Did you make that £10 contribution to the kids hospice? https://www.noahsarkhospice.org.uk/tottenham-hotspur-partnership/ In a similar vein Brexit is not even nearly "done" now. The working class might have just been sold it as such - done like a ready meal. The truth is more nuanced. Post withdrawal agreement we will get an EU trade agreement that people will look at and think - why are we bothering? What are the advantages of this? The ERG types will lament that it is not 'Brexit' as we'll still follow a lot of Europe's rules (but without the control or input), and those who wanted to remain (the majority of the populace now) will ask why too.

No one will win. Least of all our economy. Which affects everyone. We will be served up a lukewarm cottage pie that tastes like shyte and satisfies one person - Boris as he can say I did serve it up as promised! Biggest farce of our time. I'm ready with the popcorn.
Your food analogy is really annoying me :)

0_bluebritain.png

Corbyn's Labour, are viewed as anti democratic cultural Marxists - the INGSOC of our times ...

Pro Tax, child like economic planning..

Pro minority groups (BAME, Islam, LGBGT, Gender) whilst continually pointing an accusing finger at the 'racist far right' white man ...This is all good in the cities with their highly populated immigrant areas but there's a country out there!

Gammon hate filled lefties....Emily Thornberry, David Lammy, Diane Abbott, Jess Phillips and many others.

The Gammon have spoke!
Blue & yellow.......? ITK

No issue with protesting as long as they aren't causing trouble, free speech should be encouraged.

What's ironic is that it's a load of people down saff protesting in London when ultimeatly the election result was determined by the Labour heartlands up north many of whom haven't voted Tory in over a hundred years. Shows to me that some of these people just don't get it.

Sign of the times and has been for a while, it seems that those who lose a democratic vote feel they have a right to call the other side all sorts of things, you only have to read the begining of this thread to see those who voted for Brexit being called all sorts ( including being branded/suggested as racists by some).

What I find funny is people whinging about people whinging!

Back