• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Politics, politics, politics (so long and thanks for all the fish)

That means nothing, it's irrelevant!

Corbyn’s stupidity and dreadful naivety, lack of leadership experience and common sense did for this country!

I don't disagree. But it is facts. Votes cast.

The silver lining is we are unshackled. And that is what people voted for. Boris can do his thing (even if an end to brexit, it being done, are far from a reality). Labour can try and expunge momentum and start afresh. Not sure we could have wanted anything else. A hung parliament would just delay what has happened now.

I don't disagree. But it is facts. Votes cast.

The silver lining is we are unshackled. And that is what people voted for. Boris can do his thing. Labour can try and expunge momentum and start afresh. Not sure we could have wanted anything else. A hung parliament would just delay what has happened now.

I'm gobsmacked by the level stupidity behind the ’simple folk’ vote, up norf, Brexit wise!

• Under 14.5m backed leave parties (Torys and Brexit party)
  • Over 16m voters backed parties who want a second referendum (Labour, SNP, Liberals, Greens)
Not exact science there though is there? SNP, Liberals and Greens I agree

However in the case of my dad he is staunch Labour, voted Labour and is leave so there are exceptions to the maths you want to scribble on the back of a fag packet to justify your POV. Fact is thought your maths above are in no way detailed or able to be backed up enough to mean anything more than being posted on a random football page

I'm gobsmacked by the level stupidity behind the ’simple folk’ vote, up norf!

Why? Brexit is so complex and made up of some of the most boring detail known to man. Politicians literally did not understand all its nuances until after the vote. Why should folk understand global economics, the ins and outs of trade regulation, how tariffs work etc etc? People with university degrees didn't fully get all of this minutiae. I am not sure Boris even gets it all now! The realisation that people don't need to understand the details, the ins and outs of multifaceted brexit issue is what won and lost the vote. It is what has allowed Boris to go from wannabee to PM with a massive mandate. Keep it simple stupid.

With respect, though, I personally believe that this was a minority view within the wider 'remain' block. At the very least, it wasn't unanimous. My closest friend for example voted remain, and probably would have done so again in a second referendum, but he was absolutely appalled by the political shenanigans - predominantly Labour's - aimed at frustrating the honouring of the result. I don't believe he was alone among remain voters in that.

I found the same with the group i usually hang with, some of them voted remain but have been disgusted with the call for another vote just because one side lost.

They backed a referendum very clearly. Backing a second referendum lost them the north leave voting seats. Not sure what deeds you'd have liked from the party not in power?

A second referendum won the popular vote. Plain as.

gonad*s as usual.

Not exact science there though is there? SNP, Liberals and Greens I agree

However in the case of my dad he is staunch Labour, voted Labour and is leave so there are exceptions to the maths you want to scribble on the back of a fag packet to justify your POV. Fact is thought your maths above are in no way detailed or able to be backed up enough to mean anything more than being posted on a random football page

All polls post 2016 back up this national poll - election - yesterday and show a small, but consistent majority do not want Brexit. I know you do. And this reality shown by multiple polls might not fit with your outlook. But there it is.

I hope brexit delivers what you want it to. What is that?

Last edited:
All polls post 2016 back up this national poll - election - yesterday and show a small, but consistent majority do not want Brexit. I know you do. And this reality shown by multiple polls might not fit with your outlook. But there it is.

I hope brexit delivers what you want it to. What is that?

It not that it does not fit my agenda, its just that the "All labour voters want to remain" is not accurate, that is a reality even if it was just my dad.

Brexit for me was to leave the EU, thanks for asking. Have a wonderful weekend.

This is spot on.

I am not going to spend the rest of my life having a finger pointed at me like I am a racist by my own government for what the British Empire did to the the world or because the 60s and 70s were harder times.

I have a strong belief that the attack on London Bridge did Corbyn no favours, the timing and his views on punishment and terrorism was out of tune and our of time.

Facts are Corbyn has no idea about the mood of the country, 400% no idea and its been proven,

The MSM will tell us all, that it's all about Brexit - of course that's a large part of it but there's also the political correctness aspect to it all..The likes of the BBC will not want to show the public the other reasons as to why Labour did so poorly....

You can't reason with Cultural Marxists and their hate for nationhood.. They will brow beat you with accusations that you're evil to think as you do, accuse you of fascism for a light hearted comment or joke....Corbyn's Labour are seen as the Thought Police ...

The working class outside the cities, liked it when the likable lying rogue refused to apologise for his letter box and bum boy comments...

To see the eye bulging hysteria of the Labour MP's and also Liberals it has to be said, frothing at the mouth in their condemnation of him, was not a vote winner. To see Boris not going down on his knees begging for forgiveness was for many people, an at last, making a stand moment..

Imagine if the outcome of the election had been the complete opposite and it were a Corbyn Labour government in charge and also with a near 80 seat majority :eek:..

It would seem, the re-education camps are on hold, well for now at least...

Last edited:
It not that it does not fit my agenda, its just that the "All labour voters want to remain" is not accurate, that is a reality even if it was just my dad.

Brexit for me was to leave the EU, thanks for asking. Have a wonderful weekend.

I agree there are anomalies. But look at the number of polls since 2016 and they ALL show a consistent small majority for remain. Let's hope 'leaving the EU' is worthwhile. Startling how little people can tell you about the benefits of leaving the EU (when economic problems from it are so clear). I back it but I don't know why. If brexit meant less immigration then at least I'd get it. The irony is brexit most likely means a less white UK. Polls show that people who don't like immigrants prefer white ones. Data shows most immigration is from rest of the world now, and without Portuguese, Greeks, Italians etc we'll need more migration from further afield.

Quite.
Perhaps Rother Valley is one of the most instructive cases. It has been a safe Labour seat since it was created more than 100 years ago. It doesn't have one Tory councillor. Then Labour selected a middle class 23 year old trans rights activist who called child abuse survivors 'trash' if they had concerns about a strip club...

It's just delusion on their part, that they can inflict upon poor working class areas the conclusions of their Islington Luvvie debates...

The MSM will tell us all, that it's all about Brexit - of course that's a large part of it but there's also the political correctness aspect to it all..The likes of the BBC will not want to show the public the other reasons as to why Labour did so poorly....

You can't reason with Cultural Marxists and their hate for nationhood.. They will brow beat you with accusations that you're evil to think as you do, accuse you of fascism for a light hearted comment or joke....Corbyn's Labour are seen as the Thought Police ...

The working class outside the cities, liked it when the likable lying rogue refused to apologise for his letter box and bum boy comments...

To see the eye bulging hysteria of the Labour MP's and also Liberals it has to be said, frothing at the mouth in their condemnation of him, was not a vote winner. To see Boris not going down on his knees begging for forgiveness was for many people, an at last, making a stand moment..

Imagine if the outcome of the election had been the complete opposite and it were a Corbyn Labour government in charge and also with a near 40 seat majority :eek:..

It would seem, the re-education camps are on hold, well for now at least...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-2019-50777371

This article is superb for me, sums up alot of the nations mood towards JC.

Why? Brexit is so complex and made up of some of the most boring detail known to man. Politicians literally did not understand all its nuances until after the vote. Why should folk understand global economics, the ins and outs of trade regulation, how tariffs work etc etc? People with university degrees didn't fully get all of this minutiae. I am not sure Boris even gets it all now! The realisation that people don't need to understand the details, the ins and outs of multifaceted brexit issue is what won and lost the vote. It is what has allowed Boris to go from wannabee to PM with a massive mandate. Keep it simple stupid.

How true!
Sadly I have to drill down it nearly everything which drives my wife mad!
Today it feels like we are back to 1987 I voted Tory then :( and was up to my neck in business and raising a family!

How true!
Sadly I have to drill down it nearly everything which drives my wife mad!
Today it feels like we are back to 1987 I voted Tory then :( and was up to my neck in business and raising a family!

Enough about your love life! I'm sure you were quite the stud in 1987 :cool:

It's all a soap opera. Boris gets that. Corbyn actually cared.

I'm gobsmacked by the level stupidity behind the ’simple folk’ vote, up norf, Brexit wise!

Really?

Its a brick hole and people have had enough.

Added to that you have had numerous governments failure blamed on the EU and a rise in immigration you have what the result given.

So, short of London independence and forming an alliance with Scotland (they have oil and Edinburgh is great).....

......what are people's expectations (other than get Brexit done) for the next five years? (Mainly looking at Tory voters here)

So, short of London independence and forming an alliance with Scotland (they have oil and Edinburgh is great).....

......what are people's expectations (other than get Brexit done) for the next five years? (Mainly looking at Tory voters here)

We execute a hard Brexit tomorrow to catch the Euro lefties off guard, as we know they all bugger off home after 2 o'clock on a Friday, so when they eventually turn up for work sometime just before lunch on Monday there is no sign of us apart from a couple of black bin bags full of red passports and the odd empty crisp packet being blown around in the breeze.

And when do we get our wall?

Back