• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Politics, politics, politics (so long and thanks for all the fish)

With respect, though, I personally believe that this was a minority view within the wider 'remain' block. At the very least, it wasn't unanimous. My closest friend for example voted remain, and probably would have done so again in a second referendum, but he was absolutely appalled by the political shenanigans - predominantly Labour's - aimed at frustrating the honouring of the result. I don't believe he was alone among remain voters in that.

I think if Labour had a plan and blocked for said plan before going for an election at the first chance there would have been more sympathy

but they didnt have a plan.

If the Tories had any sense they would be pork barreling those newly won northern seats, as of tomorrow with a vengence, but they wont... because they despise working class people.

I consider the initial referendum invalid as it was so obviously flawed, I didn't think stopping Brexit was undemocratic based on that, today, I've flipped, yesterday gives a valid mandate for it.
I don't think it is that clear still. Yesterday's vote was still a mash up of the referendum, brexit attrition, whose leader is the biggest arsehole, and to much lesser extent policies. The Trumpian like shenanigans in the run-up just added to the mess. I would have been curious to see what the outcome of another referendum without all the other baggage but I guess we'll never know that now. Putin is on some winning streak.

How much of the Kool Aid has Luciana Berger etc taken?

She despises Corbyn because she is a right winger and because of his postion on Israel. Berger should never have been in the Labour Party to begin with. She would be a natural fit in the small moderate wing of the conservatives. Don't forget, she was never pre selected for Wavertree. Blair had her parachuted in. How good is she? Couldn't even get elected in Finchley, where there is a big Jewish vote. Clearly they didn't think much of her either.

Labour learning or doubling down.

I saw Alan Johnson go after Lansman ferociously last night in view of what was happening.
He was livid.

Johnson was right. Momentum are poison.

A bit like Scara alluded to - if Corbyn stays around long enough to choose his successor I think its bad news.

Im hoping the leadership candidates start moving now and make sure that doesnt happen.

If they are honest with themselves, the conclusions are obvious and undeniable. If they want power (which they do) then they should adjust accordingly.

But, of course, who knows which way it will swing? Itll be a very interesting time to follow them, and IMHO will also have big consequences going forward.

0_bluebritain.png

Corbyn's Labour, are viewed as anti democratic cultural Marxists - the INGSOC of our times ...

Pro Tax, child like economic planning..

Pro minority groups (BAME, Islam, LGBGT, Gender) whilst continually pointing an accusing finger at the 'racist far right' white man ...This is all good in the cities with their highly populated immigrant areas but there's a country out there!

Gammon hate filled lefties....Emily Thornberry, David Lammy, Diane Abbott, Jess Phillips and many others.

The Gammon have spoke!

She despises Corbyn because she is a right winger and because of his postion on Israel. Berger should never have been in the Labour Party to begin with. She would be a natural fit in the small moderate wing of the conservatives. Don't forget, she was never pre selected for Wavertree. Blair had her parachuted in. How good is she? Couldn't even get elected in Finchley, where there is a big Jewish vote. Clearly they didn't think much of her either.
None of the MPs who jumped ship mid-Parliament to other parties or to become independent have kept their seat. Not even the great hope Chuka.

As an aside, I enjoyed dipping into Sky News' coverage sometimes last night to watch John Bercow squirming as he was forced to commentate for hours on, essentially, events readying that he had tried so hard to prevent.

0_bluebritain.png

Corbyn's Labour, are viewed as anti democratic cultural Marxists - the INGSOC of our times ...

Pro minority groups (BAME, Islam, LGBGT, Gender) whilst continually pointing an accusing finger at the 'racist far right' white man ...This is all good in the cities with their highly populated immigrant areas but there's a country out there!

Gammon hate filled lefties....Emily Thornberry, David Lammy, Diane Abbott, Jess Phillips and many others.

The Gammon have spoke!

This is spot on.

I am not going to spend the rest of my life having a finger pointed at me like I am a racist by my own government for what the British Empire did to the the world or because the 60s and 70s were harder times.

I have a strong belief that the attack on London Bridge did Corbyn no favours, the timing and his views on punishment and terrorism was out of tune and our of time.

Facts are Corbyn has no idea about the mood of the country, 100% no idea and its been proven,

0_bluebritain.png

The Gammon have spoke!

Quite.
Perhaps Rother Valley is one of the most instructive cases. It has been a safe Labour seat since it was created more than 100 years ago. It doesn't have one Tory councillor. Then Labour selected a middle class 23 year old trans rights activist who called child abuse survivors 'trash' if they had concerns about a strip club...

Last edited:
I don't get your argument, here are the results from yesterday, I have divided them into leave and remain depending upon the party, the majority voted for a party that ran a leave campaign

Party and leader Seats Share Leave Remain
Conservative Party 364 43.60% 13,941,200
Labour Party 203 32.20% 10,292,054
Scottish National Party 48 3.90% 1,242,372
Liberal Democrats 11 11.50% 3,675,342
DUP 8 0.80% 244,128
Sinn Féin 7 0.60% 181,853
Plaid Cymru 4 0.50% 153,265
Green Party 1 2.70% 864,743
Brexit Party 0 2% 642,303
UK Independence Party 0 0.10% 22,817
Other parties 3 2.10% 700,440

Total votes leave/remain 24,898,374 7,062,143

EDIT: Sorry that didn't come out like I posted, in amongst that jumble of figures it says that 24.9 million people voted for a leave party and 7 million voted for a remain party.

Odd way of counting. You list Labour as a Leave party? They backed a second referendum. @galeforce too here is the reality from NoLimits figures:

• Under 14.5m backed leave parties (Torys and Brexit party)
  • Over 16m voters backed parties who want a second referendum (Labour, SNP, Liberals, Greens)

Therefore the popular vote doesn't back brexit, it backs a second referendum. Technically, that suggests brexit is anti-democratic. More people in the UK back parties who support a second referendum than support brexit. This despite the shambles that is Corbyn skewing the vote.

Last edited:
Odd way of counting. You list Labour as a Leave party? They backed a second referendum. @galeforce too here is the reality from NoLimits figures:

• Under 14.5m backed leave parties (Torys and Brexit party)
  • Over 16m voters backed parties who want a second referendum (Labour, SNP, Liberals, Greens)

Therefore the popular vote doesn't back brexit, but backs a second referendum. Technically, that suggests brexit is anti-democratic. More people in the UK back parties who support a second referendum than support brexit. This despite the shambles that is Corbyn skewing the vote.

in words (barely), but not deeds

in words (barely), but not deeds

They backed a referendum very clearly. Backing a second referendum lost them the north leave voting seats. Not sure what deeds you'd have liked from the party not in power?

A second referendum won the popular vote. Plain as.

Back