• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Politics, politics, politics (so long and thanks for all the fish)

Seems that way, 24 hours ago I was still convinced the majority didn’t want to leave the EU. I was clearly wrong.
I’m not sure people still want to leave

What they wanted though was their voice fully recognised and that’s the biggest frustration

It’s why I call it the chav vote. It’s dangerous in any society to ignore the great unwashed. These are the least intelligent people and therefore the most influenceable, but labour just didn’t get that. They targeted the newly educated uni students with freebies. They also targeted tactical voting. Someone advising them really needs a kicking for their lack of knowledge IMO

Gilzeantoscore doesn’t seem to understand that no matter how much Boris & the Tories are hated by everyone (apparently) the country still voted them in by a majority and that the country had no faith or trust in Corbyn

Yeah still trying to get my head around that. Public expectations and standards have always been lower for right wingers.

Really? If this was a proxy Brexit referendum, that would make Brexit undemocratic.

But that is what polls have shown since the 2016 vote - there is a majority of people for remain. Brexit is therefore anti-democratic!

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Not any more, every Tory vote yesterday was a vote signing off on Brexit.

Nah, they will go the kiddy fiddler route surely.
If Labour elect one as leader they will. It wouldn't surprise me either - they appointed a Marxist anti-semite and allowed him to put a woman with very clear learning difficulties into the Shadow Home Sec role.

Nothing they do can surprise me now.

Not any more, every Tory vote yesterday was a vote signing off on Brexit.

Makes no odds. If 3/4 voted for Remain parties in the popular vote (as you wrote previously), technically that makes Brexit undemocratic. It might not matter, but there it is.

Halle-fudging-lujah

Lets hope they pick someone actually competent to follow - maybe we can get back to some sort of balance in Parliament
It appears from the outside that Corbyn is sticking around so that he (or at least, Momentum with him as their puppet) can shape who the next party leader is. Anyone else getting destroyed to that level would have been gone by the time I had my first coffee this morning.

You can hear it in a lot of the interviews too - Labour politicians trying to convince us that Corbyn's policies were all really, really popular, it was just that pesky Brexit that did for them. Never mind the fact that Labour votes tanked in plenty of Remain constituencies too. All very 1984.

Really? If this was a proxy Brexit referendum, that would make Brexit undemocratic.

But that is what polls have shown since the 2016 vote - there is a majority of people for remain. Brexit is therefore anti-democratic!

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

I don't get your argument, here are the results from yesterday, I have divided them into leave and remain depending upon the party, the majority voted for a party that ran a leave campaign

Party and leader Seats Share Leave Remain
Conservative Party 364 43.60% 13,941,200
Labour Party 203 32.20% 10,292,054
Scottish National Party 48 3.90% 1,242,372
Liberal Democrats 11 11.50% 3,675,342
DUP 8 0.80% 244,128
Sinn Féin 7 0.60% 181,853
Plaid Cymru 4 0.50% 153,265
Green Party 1 2.70% 864,743
Brexit Party 0 2% 642,303
UK Independence Party 0 0.10% 22,817
Other parties 3 2.10% 700,440

Total votes leave/remain 24,898,374 7,062,143

EDIT: Sorry that didn't come out like I posted, in amongst that jumble of figures it says that 24.9 million people voted for a leave party and 7 million voted for a remain party.

It really is a mystery why Jezza and his supporters got smashed to bits.

Yeah voters in deprived electorates with brick services and third rate health care, senior services and education thinking that after ten years, suddenly the Tories are going to change tack and improve their lives. Yeah, I have enormous difficulty getting my head around that. Clearly you have more imagination than me.

Makes no odds. If 3/4 voted for Remain parties in the popular vote (as you wrote previously), technically that makes Brexit undemocratic. It might not matter, but there it is.

You are clinging on with your finger nails there.

Ultimately Brexit is no going to happen, too many years after the original referendum but alas its going to happen.

You can ignore that all you like but Corbyn did that and he ultimately died a death yesterday.

Good luck to you sir, this is very much now over.

It appears from the outside that Corbyn is sticking around so that he (or at least, Momentum with him as their puppet) can shape who the next party leader is. Anyone else getting destroyed to that level would have been gone by the time I had my first coffee this morning.

You can hear it in a lot of the interviews too - Labour politicians trying to convince us that Corbyn's policies were all really, really popular, it was just that pesky Brexit that did for them. Never mind the fact that Labour votes tanked in plenty of Remain constituencies too. All very 1984.

I am just waiting for one to come out with

"We would have gotten away with it if it was not for those pesky jews"

Back