• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Youth Players/On-Loan Thread 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 goal down. Playing cack. Own goal, 3 defenders doing nothing.

Oakley-Booth will never make it in the mens game. Awful he has gone backwards so much. Thought he was a talent when I saw him play for England.

This bennett kid has all the wrong body language, every time he misses a chance it is like the whole world us against him. Knuckle down lad and get the next one.

Instead he has a look on his face the same as my sons when I ask him to help with the washing up.

Paul Robinson heaped praise on Tottenham goalkeeper Alfie Whiteman following him signing a new contract with the club.

Speaking exclusively to Football Insider correspondent Laura O’Leary, the ex-Spurs shot-stopper revealed he has been impressed with what he had seen of Whiteman when watching the club’s U-23s.

Tottenham announced on Wednesday that the 21-year-old keeper had signed a new contract which will keep at the club until 2022.

Robinson revealed it was a big boost for Whiteman to sign a new contract as not only is he a massive Spurs fan but because it hadn’t been long since he signed his last deal.

When asked if signing a new contract is a big boost for Whiteman, Robinson told Football Insider: “It is, considering he only signed a new deal in October of last year, October 18th.

“He was on the bench three times for first-team, signed a new deal in October, and I’ve been impressed with what I have seen of him in the U-23s.

“He’s a young lad, he’s been working around the first-team squad, the first-team goalies, which speaking from experience is only going to make you better, whether it’s consciously or subconsciously.

“You’re learning from them every day, whether you’re learning from their mannerisms, the way that they are and being around that first-team squad is only going to improve you.

“He’s a Spurs fan as well, a massive Spurs fan, so it will be a great boost for him, he’s played for England at all levels, 16-19

“It’s always difficult as a goalkeeper as you don’t tend to get your chance and you may find he has to go out on loan, and get his game time and experience elsewhere.

“But it shows how highly the club rates him in order to give a new contract just over a year after signing one.”

Whiteman is yet to feature for Spurs’ first-team however he has been an unused substitute in four of the club’s league games this season.

The English shot-stopper was able to test himself against senior opposition this season, with him facing Gillingham and Ipswich Town in the EFL Trophy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back