• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT Tottenham vs Burnley (also some spare tickets)

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
When we beat Palace plenty here got themselves a bit over excited about our return to form, though for me it was always the case Palace just didnt show up, they were genuinely poor, and we did what any half competent team would do.

I wouldnt say the same of Burnley. Looked to me much more like they just couldnt handle us. We were defending the areas they like to play, and playing in the areas they dont like to defend. The brisk start did wonders for the tone of the game, but IMHO it was a case of us being set up properly tactically to win the game from the off.

Which isnt to say we were perfect, we werent. This is a team Mourinho has had minimal time to train, and so its very much a work in progress - BUT, IMO, progress is certainly being made.
Burnley were equally as poor as Palace IMO. Neither got tight to us and tried to tackle.

all fair comments
I can’t agree more on Aurier and Gaza will never be a first choice as both have a rick in them
The amount of goals that have come from Dier mistakes historically is very very small and I’ve raised that before. I thought and have seen improvement in all the basics with Sanchez but he will never be a Decent passer
I think perhaps Dier is a lucky player, as every game he makes at least one play that leaves us outnumbered by the opposition in a dangerous area (it was in the 25th minute in Saturday’s game) yet the opposition don’t seem to then convert that chance. Contrast that with Harry Winks, where it seems his similar moments (which have occurred less than Dier’s) seem to result in goals about half the time.

The chances of those players missing is a lot less.

You are correct on the Sanchez block, it was outstanding. I guess my point is that if I had to do the old Brendan Rodgers "names in envelopes" nonsense, at this moment, it'd be Sanchez, Aurier, Gazza and Dier who would be going into the envelopes and Saturday did nothing to allay those fears. Dier and Sanchez, I actually have hope for but I think Aurier and Gazzaniga will always be an accident waiting to happen.
They are certainly the first 4 players to improve upon i’d say (Gaza first, then Dier, then Sanchez and then Aurier). I actually hold some hope in both of the last two for some reason.

I think perhaps Dier is a lucky player, as every game he makes at least one play that leaves us outnumbered by the opposition in a dangerous area (it was in the 25th minute in Saturday’s game) yet the opposition don’t seem to then convert that chance. Contrast that with Harry Winks, where it seems his similar moments (which have occurred less than Dier’s) seem to result in goals about half the time.
Again winks again hardly ever been involved in a goals that’s his fault. It’s just a perception thing IMO
Most of the goals we concede are a result of our defence not doing its job, particularly out wide. As I’ve said countless times after the United game for example under Mou we have conceded almost all our goals form errors down our right hand side.
Under Poch last season we had so many defensive errors form defenders and Lloris it was scary. Basic unforced errors too. Their a big big weakness that some people seem to think a better DM will fix which I think is odd.

They are certainly the first 4 players to improve upon i’d say (Gaza first, then Dier, then Sanchez and then Aurier). I actually hold some hope in both of the last two for some reason.

I've had hope for Aurier several times and I think he has the tools to be a good player but the last two games are leading me to think he's uncoachable and just doesn't have the temperament. The amount of needless, daft challenges he threw in on Saturday was frightening. If he was 12 years of age, I'd have given him a boot in the hole.

Mourinho would have to give him the Luke Shaw treatment ("his body, my brain") and Aurier just isn't worth that much effort.

I've had hope for Aurier several times and I think he has the tools to be a good player but the last two games are leading me to think he's uncoachable and just doesn't have the temperament. The amount of needless, daft challenges he threw in on Saturday was frightening. If he was 12 years of age, I'd have given him a boot in the hole.

Mourinho would have to give him the Luke Shaw treatment ("his body, my brain") and Aurier just isn't worth that much effort.

It’s the Aurier conundrum that I contemplate after every game. The guy has bags of talent but lacks the temperament to fully exploit that talent. Every single game he goes from the sublime one minute to the ridiculous the next. His tackling from behind is simply reckless and he never learns. Yet he is the best we’ve got.

It’s the Aurier conundrum that I contemplate after every game. The guy has bags of talent but lacks the temperament to fully exploit that talent. Every single game he goes from the sublime one minute to the ridiculous the next. His tackling from behind is simply reckless and he never learns. Yet he is the best we’ve got.

You may be right on the last point and that's scary. Personally, I'd play Foyth there. Although he can be a bit rash, he's not on the same level as Aurier. If Aurier continues to play there, he will cost us big time somewhere along the line in a big game. The guy is a liability.

Back