• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The transfer window thread.

I'd love this to happen but i can think of 400,000 reasons every week as to why this won't happen unless Gareth really, really wants to join and fits into our wage structure

Ive long maintained Im not interested in it. I think given his cost, status and injury record - it would cause more harm than good.

Thats despite the idea of a Son-Kane-Bale front line being a mouthwatering prospect.

That being said, I wouldnt put it past Levy being able to get Madrid to sweeten the deal, pick up the defecit on his wages - or give him a signing on amount to balance things off...

IF, and its a big "if", Bale were to actually want to come to us.

I think this is one of those where he holds the cards, effectively he can choose where to go - and Madrid need to either keep him and pay him a fortune, or let him go - and maybe have to pay (less than if he stays) to make it happen.

We can offer:
Best stadium in the world.
Best training facilities in the world.
Best manager in the world.
Best striker in the world.
Best chairman in the world.
Fans that worship him.
Sissoko.

They are discussing it on TFC, and pointing out all the golf clubs in/around Enfield that might attract him as well :p

For me, I just think - who even knows what he wants? He's won everything. He's got all the money.

Maybe a challenge like Spurs will be right up his street, take a team over the line, win something with the club where he made his name...

Maybe he just wants an enormous paycheck and its only the oil clubs he will consider (regardless of the football being offered)?

Maybe he just wants to go home, so one of the Manchester clubs fit him best while being nearer Wales...

He doesnt speak much, and is clearly playing the game with Madrid, so who even knows?

Bale to Spurs is a romantic thought, but I don't see it.

Eriksen will be looking out for himself and won't go unless Madrid really offer him some good wages to make up for losing his signing on fee in the summer.

Bale himself knows he could probably play for any team in the world and may want to go somewhere else. He's never struck me as someone who loves the club, like Modric he is thankful for the chances he got with us but that seems to be as far as it goes.

Back