• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Politics, politics, politics (so long and thanks for all the fish)

Spending more than you can afford to is the usual route.
Spending incorrectly and diverting funds, thus increasing the costs for the next person might just do it to.
You can't run public services like household or business finance unless you are prepared for people to suffer or die.
Some people are ok with that position.
I'm not.

Spending incorrectly and diverting funds, thus increasing the costs for the next person might just do it to.
You can't run public services like household or business finance unless you are prepared for people to suffer or die.
Some people are ok with that position.
I'm not.
Someone somewhere in the world that you could have saved by spending a bit more will die every day, probably every minute.

You have to accept a balance between helping as many people as you can and being responsible enough to be able to help them tomorrow.

If I spent more than I could afford I'd be using one pretty quickly - that's kind of my point.

Yes but you have never had to choose who eats in your family, you or your kids!
Pontificating about good housekeeping presupposes you have the luxury of choice.
‘Walk a mile in my shoes’ before you criticise.

Not my shoes personally btw.
I’m lucky

Yes but you have never had to choose who eats in your family, you or your kids!
Pontificating about good housekeeping presupposes you have the luxury of choice.
I wasn't, I was pointing out that if the government overspends now then it can't help anyone tomorrow when it's skint.

We all want the government to help those who need it - Labour don't seem to realise that if they kill the golden goose, it stops laying eggs.

I wasn't, I was pointing out that if the government overspends now then it can't help anyone tomorrow when it's skint.

We all want the government to help those who need it - Labour don't seem to realise that if they kill the golden goose, it stops laying eggs.

But the conservatives just don’t bother to help because of their ideologies and fiscal ingrained priorities towards big business.
We need to change the government’s priorities back to people and away from purely balancing the books.

We need to change the government’s priorities back to people and away from purely balancing the books.

But the books aren't being balanced, which tends to detract from your argument a little.

Debt interest represented the government's 5th highest expenditure category in 2017 according to wikipedia, higher than categories such as public order (I assume that means policing), social services, and housing. That's before all the promised additional borrowing kicks in.

But the books aren't being balanced, which tends to detract from your argument a little.

Debt interest represented the government's 5th highest expenditure category in 2017 according to wikipedia, higher than categories such as public order (I assume that means policing), social services, and housing. That's before all the promised additional borrowing kicks in.

I’m talking about real people and truly don’t give a toss about the debate!
My 85 yo step dad has been lying in A&E for the last 8 hours waiting for a bed on a ward to come free at the Princess Royal Hayward’s Heath. This is the real world not ideological banter!

I’m talking about real people and truly don’t give a toss about the debate!
My 85 yo step dad has been lying in A&E for the last 8 hours waiting for a bed on a ward to come free at the Princess Royal Hayward’s Heath. This is the real world not ideological banter!

Your previous comments seem to suggest otherwise, but my best wishes to your step dad.

It's official! Political scientist Adrian Beaumont has analyzed the data from five polls and Labour's vote had collapsed amongs the poorly educated. These voters are surging to the Tories. Tells you everything you need to know about this coming Thursday's result.

Back