• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Official 2019/20 Premier League Thread

I swear I didn't dream it. No one would own up to it now anyway...

they won again, sign snodgrass

I like snodgrass, most committed player on the pitch today

Sent from my SM-T819Y using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Dier is clearly regressing. Would swop snodgrass for him

Sent from my SM-T819Y using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app
Cracking strike from Snodgrass. We should sign him

Would be a good appointment for either club to be honest, so I hope he stays in China!

Id have hated him at Spurs, but undeniable he is a decent manager and would get those teams organised and consistent
Apparently he said he’s not leaving a China this season, but he’s also open to the Everton job! I’d guess they would go for a ‘name’ rather than an up and coming coach but not sure if they will go for a pragmatist to try and keep them up ala Allardyce, Moyes or Hughton or one of those sexy European types who play ineffective passing football and talk about philosophies ala Martinez, Silva and Guardiola. Really hope Hughton doesn’t go there.

They’d have to do a Mike Ashley and give away season tickets if they end up in the championship!

Terreira or whatever his name is?! Worst one of the lot, dives more times than a lesbian at an orgy! :mad:

The team are fall over merchants!
They are dreadful cheats.
Spam though are just dreadful. How did they manage to beat Chelsea no wonder Lampard looked so tinkled off.

Would be a good appointment for either club to be honest, so I hope he stays in China!

Id have hated him at Spurs, but undeniable he is a decent manager and would get those teams organised and consistent
He loves casting himself as the messiah amongst the fans versus the board, could you imagine how much blame he’d be pushing on levy when things started going wrong!
I see Saudi Sportswashing Machine are really struggling since he took his messianic properties away from them...

Apparently he said he’s not leaving a China this season, but he’s also open to the Everton job! I’d guess they would go for a ‘name’ rather than an up and coming coach but not sure if they will go for a pragmatist to try and keep them up ala Allardyce, Moyes or Hughton or one of those sexy European types who play ineffective passing football and talk about philosophies ala Martinez, Silva and Guardiola. Really hope Hughton doesn’t go there.

They’d have to do a Mike Ashley and give away season tickets if they end up in the championship!

Liverpool connection aside I think he could be perfect for Everton.

Though Im not sure theres the option to put that connection aside.

I believe he has wanted to get back to Liverpool (family there arent they?) and so would probably jump at the chance. Especially given Everton have a decent squad.

Benitez at Everton is a win win for both parties, IMHO. They would be serious contenders for europe.

Benitez at West Ham would be an absolute coup for them. For him? Its the Saudi Sportswashing Machine job all over, high expectation, low quality/budget squad. He could clearly work well there (Saudi Sportswashing Machine proves it) but would he want to? If I were him Id have bigger ambitions.

Benitez at Arsenal - suits him. Suits them. Would it suit the fans? They have rather specific expectations on style, and I question if they would accept his more compact, defensive, organised approach.

I mean, its exactly what they need - but are they smart enough to recognise it?

For Benitez its a higher calibre club. Though also a bit of a mirage - is the squad really better than Evertons or West Hams? (I think theres an argument its worse than both to be honest). But its back in the big leagues, and probably with more money to spend.

For Arsenal its a manager proven to get consistent results, solid at the back, organised... which they will be screaming out for.

Of the three options (if they really are options), Id expect him to go Arsenal, but think Everton might be the better shout.

The team are fall over merchants!
They are dreadful cheats.
Spam though are just dreadful. How did they manage to beat Chelsea no wonder Lampard looked so tinkled off.
If west ham had a little more composure in the final third they’d have beaten Goons comfortably. I also think that Cresswell was a big loss for them and the goal that changed it was down to Mr smell the Danger Rice not tracking back, possibly because they’d been largely untroubled by them up until then.

He loves casting himself as the messiah amongst the fans versus the board, could you imagine how much blame he’d be pushing on levy when things started going wrong!
I see Saudi Sportswashing Machine are really struggling since he took his messianic properties away from them...

Newcastles an interesting one, despite the whole world agreeing he did a sterling job there - Bruce isnt exactly doing any worse is he?

Benitez does seem to have the knack for winning the fans over. He also never seems to stay anywhere for long, I wonder if thats coincidental or issues with the board as you say?

Liverpool connection aside I think he could be perfect for Everton.

Though Im not sure theres the option to put that connection aside.

I believe he has wanted to get back to Liverpool (family there arent they?) and so would probably jump at the chance. Especially given Everton have a decent squad.

Benitez at Everton is a win win for both parties, IMHO. They would be serious contenders for europe.

Benitez at West Ham would be an absolute coup for them. For him? Its the Saudi Sportswashing Machine job all over, high expectation, low quality/budget squad. He could clearly work well there (Saudi Sportswashing Machine proves it) but would he want to? If I were him Id have bigger ambitions.

Benitez at Arsenal - suits him. Suits them. Would it suit the fans? They have rather specific expectations on style, and I question if they would accept his more compact, defensive, organised approach.

I mean, its exactly what they need - but are they smart enough to recognise it?

For Benitez its a higher calibre club. Though also a bit of a mirage - is the squad really better than Evertons or West Hams? (I think theres an argument its worse than both to be honest). But its back in the big leagues, and probably with more money to spend.

For Arsenal its a manager proven to get consistent results, solid at the back, organised... which they will be screaming out for.

Of the three options (if they really are options), Id expect him to go Arsenal, but think Everton might be the better shout.
I always thought Everton was a no go for him but he was very open to it last night, apologizing for calling them a small club in the past too! I’d imagine Liverpool fans would be ok with it until he had the temerity to stink out a game to take points of them. There’d be cash to spend and the new stadium may be an incentive too.
Goons are crying out for a defensive coach, I think it’s a tough job for whoever comes in next as weak defending seems to be in their DNA. Not sure what their transfer budget is going to be, it seems ridiculous given the sacrifices made to build the ground but it’s possible this years spend was funded by future budgets.
West Ham I think are the least attractive, that home ground is poisonous when things aren’t going well and it’s income isn’t significantly more than Upton Park as they have to heavily discount tickets. Still Benitez doesn’t seem to mind who he works for so maybe the highest £ will get him.

Ive not seen any comment from him (pay little attention to be honest, not particularly a fan) but if he is trying to sweeten the Everton fans up it speaks volumes to his intentions IMO.

Hes taken Chelsea and Saudi Sportswashing Machine to Anfield, so while taking on the old enemy will be bitter for Liverpool fans, its already been softened a bit. Plus I suspect, given their current standing, they might be somewhat aloof about little old Everton these days...

I definitely think Arsenal have been spending future budgets, absolutely. The Pepe deal is all the evidence you need.

West Ham is just the Saudi Sportswashing Machine of the south IMO, mental owners, deluded fans, brick squad, ridiculous expectation, big club pretentions but always doomed to fail...

Newcastles an interesting one, despite the whole world agreeing he did a sterling job there - Bruce isnt exactly doing any worse is he?

Benitez does seem to have the knack for winning the fans over. He also never seems to stay anywhere for long, I wonder if thats coincidental or issues with the board as you say?
I felt what Benitez was doing at Saudi Sportswashing Machine was par, the likes of Pulis and Allardyce would have got the same out of the squad which wasn’t as weak as he made it out to be, it was made into a bigger thing by the fans and media due to his previous elite level of management (and I think it was a good thing to see this and he wouldn’t be the only One to perform at par at this level)

Thing is when a pragmatic manager with a big budget wins a game by stopping the other team play he’s a master tactician, when a mid or lower level manager does it he has no idea how to manage a big club.

Regarding the board I think it’s the managers role to stay on message publically even if he doesn’t agree, same for most large companies. To be fair Saudi Sportswashing Machine and Liverpool both have cultish fan bases who hated their owners at the time so it was and easy union for him to make. Also removes any blame on him for any lack of performance.

Back