• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Moussa Sissoko

Stop being so precious. The Lamela thread is longer and worse than anything in here.
The reason Sissoko has been 'vilified' is that on his day he looks like someone who is kicking a ball for the first time.
No one else in the squad has that.
Even his first touch when he scored this weekend was a spaz that he was lucky to get back onto.

I really am baffled by the persistent resistance shown towards Sissoko by 'some' Spurs fans, very sad.

Come on you've been here long enough to know some players can do no wrong and others are rubbish what ever they play like. That's the best I've seen us play against Burnley, we always have a battle against them at home and struggle to win by one goal.

Has Sissoko benefited massively from Poch, and now Mourinho? How lucky is he to have these two masters turn him into gold?

When he signed most were surprised. Clearly his physique and potential were evident to someone. No myself I have to say. His technical ability and age made him an odd choice. Like many players, it took him a couple of seasons to improve, and Poch helped sort him out technically. The thing that was missing still was any form of composure in front of goal. Mourinho with his cool aplomb has had a word and managed to lighten the pressure Sisskoko felt in the final third, I'm sure. A player reborn - twice.

Today you'd say £30m is cheap. He can screen, tackle, pass, is a marauder...and finally a finisher!

Rubbish - complete and total rubbish. Show me one thread where a player or manager has been vilified anywhere close to what the usual haters have regurgitated on Sissoko.

If you don't call hypocrisy a concerted campaign against a hard working player, inventing put-downs for no other reason than to admit you were worng, than we have different definitions for the word...

Our club will also be better when we find superior players for the positions occupied by Lloris, Aurier, Rose, Sanchez, Toby, Dier, Winks and Moura. Yet for some reason I don't see you on their thread saying that when we do that "our club will be better and that’s what’s counts" and that, my friend, is what I call rank hypocrisy!!!

Someone needs to calm down a bit, while you do that we will be having our weekly Sissoko haters workshop to rally the troops and plan our next smear campaign.

Trippier, Lamela, Eriksen, Auier, Dier, etc all say hi and thanks for being so even handed, understanding and supportive in their threads.

Lastly I clearly rate some of those players much higher than Sissoko but I do agree that if we found upgrades for them we would have an improved team, where’s the hypocrisy in that?

Has Sissoko benefited massively from Poch, and now Mourinho? How lucky is he to have these two masters turn him into gold?

When he signed most were surprised. Clearly his physique and potential were evident to someone. No myself I have to say. His technical ability and age made him an odd choice. Like many players, it took him a couple of seasons to improve, and Poch helped sort him out technically. The thing that was missing still was any form of composure in front of goal. Mourinho with his cool aplomb has had a word and managed to lighten the pressure Sisskoko felt in the final third, I'm sure. A player reborn - twice.

Today you'd say £30m is cheap. He can screen, tackle, pass, is a marauder...and finally a finisher!

He's a confidence player and a physical monster, I actually think Sissoko is one of those rare players who helped himself. He probably was out of his depth when he first came to Spurs but instead of complaining or heading for the exit at first opportunity he put a shift in, in training, every moment he got an opportunity, he took any position the manager gave him and gave it everything he has.

People who want someone better technically in the starting 11, sure, why not? People who want him hounded out of the club are failing to see his value, other have mentioned it but = great squad player (obvious he is well liked in dressing room), utility man, always fit and can truly bully the opposition. I would not be surprised to see Sissoko here still in two years

He's not good enough. Never has been. Likely never will be.

And thats the truth.

A truth none of his defenders ever actually argue against.

But even so, despite agreeing with those who wont pander to his cult, they still need to make a fight of it.

So go on about "haters" and such, which is really rather silly.

I can admire his spirit.

I can marvel at his athletic ability.

I can appreciate the genuine improvement he has made.

I can admit to my judgement of him changing, as his levels have changed.

And I can still think he isnt good enough. Because he isnt.

I can admire his spirit.

I can marvel at his athletic ability.

I can appreciate the genuine improvement he has made.

I can admit to my judgement of him changing, as his levels have changed.

See that didn't hurt!
That's what we are talking about and we see past the odd "spaz" here and there.
It's like me with Lamela, I have to feel the love and see past the frustrating lack of two footedness.

Last edited:
See that didn't hurt!
That's what we are talking about and we see past the odd "spaz" here and there.
It's like me with Lamela, I have to feel the love and see past the frustration lack of two footedness.

It didnt hurt.

Same as the countless times previously when Ive said exactly that.

And yet somehow got painted as some pantomime villain for the virtuous cult of Sissoko phalanx.

It didnt hurt.

Same as the countless times previously when Ive said exactly that.

And yet somehow got painted as some pantomime villain for the virtuous cult of Sissoko rude boys.

I think it's clear the cult like attitudes come from those who refuse to acknowledge any positive contribution made by Sissoko. You can be included in that characterisation quite easily.

Don't try and flip it the other way round as a means of deflection.

I think it's clear the cult like attitudes come from those who refuse to acknowledge any positive contribution made by Sissoko. You can be included in that characterisation quite easily.

Don't try and flip it the other way round as a means of deflection.

No deflection at all. Ive been honest and straight forward throughout.

And yet have been the cartoon bad guy for people who either cant or wont read a post without adding their own spice - and then reacting to that fiction.

Ive acknowledge positive actions/contributions/steps at every turn, but unless I get on my knees and start noshing him off its never enough and Im some sort of hater.

Bottom line is, despite his improvements - he's not good enough. You know it. I know it. Difference is, you deny it.

And yet have been the cartoon bad guy for people who either cant or wont read a post without adding their own spice - and then reacting to that fiction.

Ive acknowledge positive actions/contributions/steps at every turn, but unless I get on my knees and start noshing him off its never enough and Im some sort of hater.

Bottom line is, despite his improvements - he's not good enough. You know it. I know it. Difference is, you deny it.

How is he not good enough? All recent managers have selected him as a starter. He may not start every game moving forward, but he is good enough (by a mile) to be a member of our squad...

Put that shovel down and step away from that hole!!!! THIS IS YOUR FINAL WARNING!

How is he not good enough? All recent managers have selected him as a starter. He may not start every game moving forward, but he is good enough (by a mile) to be a member of our squad...

Ah yes, the "member of the squad" get out of jail free card.

Means you dont need to pin your colours to the mast and say he is good enough to start.

Means you can actually agree with me, know Im right, and continue to argue with me all the same.

Poch was wrong to play him as a starter.

Mourinho has already said he isnt a midfielder, and is playing him through injury.

Thats progress.

Next is to relegate him to the bench. At which point I doubt we will see him starting games again outside of an injury crisis.

His best utility to my eye right now is to come on for a forward and help close out games.

And it thats all we see of him, thats fine by me.

Something else that seems to get over looked by the cult is that while he has been a regular starter in our midfield we have gone through our worst periods of results in 5 years, yes we got to the UCL final but that was mainly thanks to Moura (who seems to get unfairly slated on here) and we all know what happen in that.
In fact just consider what the reaction would have been if it had been Foyth, Tripper, KWP, Mura or Aurier that had given away that stupid penalty, but its ok cause he tries really, really hard and he can run really, really fast and he has scored 2 goals in 4(?) years.

Back