• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Moussa Sissoko

It is the character of the man I admire most. To go from where he was at the start of his Spurs career to where he is now is truly astounding. I'm not blind to his limitations, but he's worked on them and has improved the weak parts of his game. His passing has improved beyond all recognition for example. I'm pretty sure he will be joining the pantheon of cult figures to have played for this club, and well deserved.

Last edited:
It is the character of the man I admire most. To go from where he was at the start of his Spurs career to where he is now is truly astounding. I'm not blind to his limitations, but he's worked on them has improved the weak parts of his game. His passing has improved beyond all recognition for example. I'm oretty sure he will be joining the pantheon of cult figures to have played for this club, and well deserved.

great post!

Probably just a coincidence that he was on the bench for the first two games under Mourinho when more players were fit and available. Probably just a coincidence that he started on the right against Bournemouth. Probably just a coincidence that Winks and Ndombele weren't in the squad yesterday because of injuries.

Looking forward to a bright future with Sissoko as a first choice central midfielder when more players are injury free and match fit. I've been proven wrong.

Seriously my friend, calm down ;) I can understand your desperate need to be proven right but some rationality would be useful to the discussion.

To actually compare him to Winks and Ndombele who have been atrocious is frankly clutching at straws... Sissoko has out-performed those two all season and has been ten times more effective and consistent than both of them. As for their match fitness... both had a full pre-season behind them - like Sissoko - yet it seems that they are incapable of playing beyond 45 minutes whereas our much maligned Frenchman can run for a full game plus extra time and be ready for a second helping the next day. Is that not a characteristic to praise and value? When will Winks and Ndombele finally reach match fitness nirvana? In May? Next year?

And what has his position on the right got anything to do with it? For argument's sake, I actually agree with Jose that Sissoko is more adapted to a wide right position with an overlapping fullback. I certainly believe he is better than Moura. His runs are more effective and infinitely stronger, he times his runs better into space and is more aware of a pass. What has been missing until now for that position is a decent goal sense but if he gets any more goals like yesterday's that belief will strengthen.

Whether Sissoko is part of our bright future or not is not something I can predict. I have absolutely no problem with Jose benching or even selling him if we have better options in the coming months or years.

All I can talk about is the past and present - and based on that he is in the first team on merit; not because of the ridiculous excuses and cognitive dissonance gymnastics that you lot keep dredging up from the depths of your despair to malign and belittle him.

I really am baffled by the persistent resistance shown towards Sissoko by 'some' Spurs fans, very sad.

The truth is ( imo) is that there are a few who dug themselves into a very large hole about how crap he was when he first came and are now unable to climb out of it.

It is the character of the man I admire most. To go from where he was at the start of his Spurs career to where he is now is truly astounding. I'm not blind to his limitations, but he's worked on them and has improved the weak parts of his game. His passing has improved beyond all recognition for example. I'm pretty sure he will be joining the pantheon of cult figures to have played for this club, and well deserved.

Very good post sir, no one is saying he is the best player we have but his desire, work rate and determination for us is to be applauded. A very important player in our squad.

I just hate arrogance, hypocrisy and double standards

There has been a lot more of that going on in other player and manager threads than this one.

This site may be divided on Sissoko but I don’t think any side has shown any sign of hypocrisy or double standards where Sissoko is concerned (I can’t say anything about arrogance, ahem Scara[emoji41])

In a way this site will be poorer when Sissoko is sold but our club will be better and that’s what’s counts

There has been a lot more of that going on in other player and manager threads than this one.

Rubbish - complete and total rubbish. Show me one thread where a player or manager has been vilified anywhere close to what the usual haters have regurgitated on Sissoko.

This site may be divided on Sissoko but I don’t think any side has shown any sign of hypocrisy or double standards where Sissoko is concerned (I can’t say anything about arrogance, ahem Scara[emoji41])

If you don't call hypocrisy a concerted campaign against a hard working player, inventing put-downs for no other reason than to admit you were worng, than we have different definitions for the word...

In a way this site will be poorer when Sissoko is sold but our club will be better and that’s what’s counts

Our club will also be better when we find superior players for the positions occupied by Lloris, Aurier, Rose, Sanchez, Toby, Dier, Winks and Moura. Yet for some reason I don't see you on their thread saying that when we do that "our club will be better and that’s what’s counts" and that, my friend, is what I call rank hypocrisy!!!

His character is impressive. That and his ability to make a career as a footballer with less skill than many Sunday League players.

The Moses parted red sea divide of opinions on Sissoko are very amusing. I'll be frank I don't rate him. I didn't rate him when he arrived and I still don't rate him now. However I'm not going to try and convince anyone else of the correctness of my opinion.

If you rate Sissoko great, I think you're crazy but I respect your right to think that way. Just like any Sissoko super fans need to respect the opposing view. I

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Fapatalk

I could be trolling everyone by having no strong opinions on Sissoko

simpsons-mob.jpg

Rubbish - complete and total rubbish. Show me one thread where a player or manager has been vilified anywhere close to what the usual haters have regurgitated on Sissoko.

If you don't call hypocrisy a concerted campaign against a hard working player, inventing put-downs for no other reason than to admit you were worng, than we have different definitions for the word...

Our club will also be better when we find superior players for the positions occupied by Lloris, Aurier, Rose, Sanchez, Toby, Dier, Winks and Moura. Yet for some reason I don't see you on their thread saying that when we do that "our club will be better and that’s what’s counts" and that, my friend, is what I call rank hypocrisy!!!

Stop being so precious. The Lamela thread is longer and worse than anything in here.
The reason Sissoko has been 'vilified' is that on his day he looks like someone who is kicking a ball for the first time.
No one else in the squad has that.

Back