• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

Really important part was him going for the early/range hits .. he seemed to have stopped doing that for a while.

100% agreed! I felt the same way. One thing we have to give him (among many!) when he has a brick game, he follows up quietly and emphatically by speaking on the pitch. Yelled today!!!

Looking at Harry's stats, he's very similar to Bobby Smith .66/65 % per game. He'll definitely catch him at this rate unless he buggers off to Madrid. Must have been amazing watching Jimmy Greaves!

Big regret - I passed Bobby Smith and Cliff Jones walking into WHL years ago and didn't ask for an autograph, just nodded hello.

As great as Sons goal was, I enjoyed Kane’s first strike more. When he first came on the scene he scored a fair few of those long range shots and whilst I appreciate he is a more marked man nowadays he hasn’t really even been trying them. So was great to see him hit such a peach, and hopefully can attempt more long range strikes as he is more than capable....

It’s difficult for I criticise someone who delivers goals and delivers at key moments but there’s been something about Kane for a while that just feels clunky, like a machine that needs oiling.

given he’s lost the ability to score from outside the box and doesn’t have a burst to get past players

You were saying......:D

You were saying......:D
Haha I was going to quite this myself!

Reverse psychology - You’re welcome!:D

I was pleased to see he’s got the power back, it asks more questions of a defender if they feel he can do that or make a pass. Begs the question had he just stopped trying them though?

For my next trick I am going to point out how utterly brick he is at free kicks...

That's a tad pessimistic, isn't it?
I just have this feeling that we are on borrowed time with him and without blasting Levy or our transfer policy (as I really do agree with our spend profile) I think that unless we get some additional quality in so we can seriously fight for major honours and not just the FA or <insert drink sponsor here> cup he will leave for Barca or RM (can't see him going to a EPL club)

I just have this feeling that we are on borrowed time with him and without blasting Levy or our transfer policy (as I really do agree with our spend profile) I think that unless we get some additional quality in so we can seriously fight for major honours and not just the FA or <insert drink sponsor here> cup he will leave for Barca or RM (can't see him going to a EPL club)

I see the opposite tbh regarding moving. He is a man who clearly likes breaking records and I think he'll have Shearer's EPL record in his sights.

It really is a humungous shame that England couldn't get over the line in the WC and we couldn't get over the line with either the PL or CL.

Kane doesn't strike me as a Ronaldo, someone who has to be constantly winning the biggest trophies. I think if he'd won a WC and a PL/CL, as long as we were generally up there competing and picking up a trophy here and there anyway, he'd happily stay for his career. Kind of how Gerrard dined on that CL for most of his Liverpool career.

I think we have this season and probably next season with Kane to win something big. Or at least even if we don't, to be showing real ambition that that is what we're aiming for, rather than flipping ourselves off over the newest Rugby partnership we have or how much our turnover has increased from 5 years ago.

I hope we do, I love watching him play for us.

I see the opposite tbh regarding moving. He is a man who clearly likes breaking records and I think he'll have Shearer's EPL record in his sights.

It really is a humungous shame that England couldn't get over the line in the WC and we couldn't get over the line with either the PL or CL.

Kane doesn't strike me as a Ronaldo, someone who has to be constantly winning the biggest trophies. I think if he'd won a WC and a PL/CL, as long as we were generally up there competing and picking up a trophy here and there anyway, he'd happily stay for his career. Kind of how Gerrard dined on that CL for most of his Liverpool career.

I think we have this season and probably next season with Kane to win something big. Or at least even if we don't, to be showing real ambition that that is what we're aiming for, rather than flipping ourselves off over the newest Rugby partnership we have or how much our turnover has increased from 5 years ago.

I hope we do, I love watching him play for us.

I hope your right, I really do.

Back