• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Emirates Marketing Project

EHj92sdWsAM1xKE

Holy mother of Christ, is that brick real? Surely even the lottery winners can't sink that low?

Emirates Marketing Project fans in 2019 "Fighting a war"

https://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/threads/exposing-the-hypocrisy-of-journalists.340676/page-153

"But there's more than that. There are certain parties actively fuelling the anti-City agenda in the media. We are fighting a war therefore & I think Vicky Kloss would confirm that. We're soldiers in that war & it's up to us to take the fight to the enemy. As City fans, we're biased of course but we can also act independently of the City PR/media teams & do things they might not do, while still supporting their overall objective. I see us as proxies, in a similar way that organisations like Hezbollah are proxies for Iran.

That doesn't mean we should be abusive or threatening but we should be spelling out the truth because if lies don't get challenged consistently and robustly, they become the "truth". So that means challenging the cliches and slurs like City being state-owned, that we're wholly reliant on Abu Dhabi for finance or that the UAE is a tyranny where gay people are executed. All of these (and more) have been used against us.

My solution is not to resolutely ignore falsehoods but to challenge this narrative persistently, deploying facts, reason and logic. I've tried to do this for quite a while & have published stuff about our finances & FFP itself, which have had an impact. I get immense satisfaction when I see City fans deploy these arguments on social media as it shows I've succeeded in getting the message across and there are others who have done the same.

Each to his own but to me, your solution is the equivalent of being a conscientious objector in wartime, who refuses to get involved in the fray. If everyone did that there'd be no wars but sadly not everyone will. Mine involves sniping at anyone who sticks their head above the parapet, albeit by putting demonstrable facts into their heads, rather than a bullet. Goebbels believed that if a lie was big enough, and repeated enough, it became the de facto truth. I believe in challenging lies."

Emirates Marketing Project fans in 2019 "Fighting a war"

https://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/threads/exposing-the-hypocrisy-of-journalists.340676/page-153

"But there's more than that. There are certain parties actively fuelling the anti-City agenda in the media. We are fighting a war therefore & I think Vicky Kloss would confirm that. We're soldiers in that war & it's up to us to take the fight to the enemy. As City fans, we're biased of course but we can also act independently of the City PR/media teams & do things they might not do, while still supporting their overall objective. I see us as proxies, in a similar way that organisations like Hezbollah are proxies for Iran.

That doesn't mean we should be abusive or threatening but we should be spelling out the truth because if lies don't get challenged consistently and robustly, they become the "truth". So that means challenging the cliches and slurs like City being state-owned, that we're wholly reliant on Abu Dhabi for finance or that the UAE is a tyranny where gay people are executed. All of these (and more) have been used against us.

My solution is not to resolutely ignore falsehoods but to challenge this narrative persistently, deploying facts, reason and logic. I've tried to do this for quite a while & have published stuff about our finances & FFP itself, which have had an impact. I get immense satisfaction when I see City fans deploy these arguments on social media as it shows I've succeeded in getting the message across and there are others who have done the same.

Each to his own but to me, your solution is the equivalent of being a conscientious objector in wartime, who refuses to get involved in the fray. If everyone did that there'd be no wars but sadly not everyone will. Mine involves sniping at anyone who sticks their head above the parapet, albeit by putting demonstrable facts into their heads, rather than a bullet. Goebbels believed that if a lie was big enough, and repeated enough, it became the de facto truth. I believe in challenging lies."
Sounds like an 'Influencer'?

#MCFC EBITDA (Earnings Before Interest, Tax, Depreciation & Amortisation), considered as a proxy for cash operating profit, as it strips out player sales and exceptional items, fell from £125m to £118m, though this is still City’s second highest ever.
upload_2019-11-26_0-26-27.jpeg

#MCFC £315m wage bill is the fourth highest in Europe, around the same level as Real Madrid £321m (depending on exchange rate used), though Barcelona £444m are miles ahead. It is possible that they might be overtaken when PSG publish their 2018/19 accounts.
upload_2019-11-26_0-30-15.jpeg

Interestingly, #MCFC wages to turnover ratio of 59% is the same as Barcelona, though higher than Bayern Munich 51% and Real Madrid 48%. On the other hand, better than Juventus 66%.
upload_2019-11-26_0-32-15.jpeg

This is posted in the football and money thread.

Anyone able to tell what it actually means for the club? I'm no expert on this, but assume that they see potential long term profits from City so have bought a piece of the pie now. In my mind this doesn't mean money going into City's coffers, it's money in the owner's.

Guardiola reportedly wanted Maguire, but they weren't willing to pay up. He's been proven utterly right if that's the case, think he's rather unhappy.

That feeling of this being his last season is quite widespread I think.

Back