• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Moussa Sissoko

Nothing in the performance today to indicate that he's a medium to long term solution, or that he should have been the solution he's seemingly been for quite a while now. He did well enough and is a useful squad player.

Two things

- Not only is it amazing he's scored two goals in a week, they were both very good technical goals ..

- But to your point, the reason Sissoko is so valuable now is because he's exactly that, a great squad player, versatile, almost always fit, good engine and can do CM, AM, RB, he's actually replaced Dier as the utility player at Spurs. Perhaps we will get a midfield that doesn't require him as first choice but in the squad I could see him having a place for some time to come.

Nothing in the performance today to indicate that he's a medium to long term solution, or that he should have been the solution he's seemingly been for quite a while now. He did well enough and is a useful squad player.
Yes this. Fantastic squad player. Gives his all and what a specimen. Credit to JM to get the best out of him.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Fapatalk

At the beginning it was ... "he's only in the team because we have so many injuries"

But the injuries cleared and guess what.... he was still a starter

Then it was... "it's only because we have no decent alternatives in midfield"

But new players were bought and guess what... he was still a starter

Then it was... "it's only because Poch has his favourites"

But a new manager came in and guess what.... he was still as starter

Moussa Sissoko... the player who proves all his doubters wrong and who enthuses fans, not especially through some special skill, but because of his heart, his guts and his determination not to be put down!!!

At the beginning it was ... "he's only in the team because we have so many injuries"

Moussa Sissoko... the player who proves all his doubters wrong and who enthuses fans, not especially through some special skill, but because of his heart, his guts and his determination not to be put down!!!

He is literally still only in the team because of injuries.

It would have been winks/Dier if winks was fit

Dier/Dombele were not fit to start against United

He can prove his doubters wrong by when starting in the CM not wonder all over the place leaving massive gaps

Last edited:
Love the excuse he’s only in the team because of injuries. Being a sportsman one of your main jobs is to keep fit and to be in tip top condition and if you can’t do that like it or not you’re not very good at your job....

Harry Kane picks up an injury every season, does that mean he’s not very good?

Probably just a coincidence that he was on the bench for the first two games under Mourinho when more players were fit and available. Probably just a coincidence that he started on the right against Bournemouth. Probably just a coincidence that Winks and Ndombele weren't in the squad yesterday because of injuries.

Looking forward to a bright future with Sissoko as a first choice central midfielder when more players are injury free and match fit. I've been proven wrong.

Harry Kane picks up an injury every season, does that mean he’s not very good?
He still consistently plays 30-40 games a season and always produces the goods. Dier and Winks? Not so much. Meanwhile Sissoko consistently putting in decent performances, vs Dier who we have to wait about twenty games for him to get in one good performance, and even then he has to be ‘managed’....

He still consistently plays 30-40 games a season and always produces the goods. Dier and Winks? Not so much. Meanwhile Sissoko consistently putting in decent performances, vs Dier who we have to wait about twenty games for him to get in one good performance, and even then he has to be ‘managed’....

Nope, you said players that are not in tip top condition are not good at the job.

Dier/Winks/Wanyama have all had long term injuries/illness due to reasons out of there control - so by default are lesser players than Sissoko?

Consistently putting in decent performances?

Dier has come in and we have won 4 out of 5 games - the one game he didn’t start and Sissoko did, we lost.

I don’t think Dier is perfect but he does the basics well and doesn’t get dragged out of position.

We lost 13 league games last season with Sissoko in the middle of the park

I really am baffled by the persistent resistance shown towards Sissoko by 'some' Spurs fans, very sad.

images

I don’t think Dier is perfect but he does the basics well and doesn’t get dragged out of position.

I sadly don't think he has the legs currently to be dragged anywhere.
Dier is on a lengthy journey back to his former fitness and we all hope he gets there.

Last edited:
Nope, you said players that are not in tip top condition are not good at the job.

Dier/Winks/Wanyama have all had long term injuries/illness due to reasons out of there control - so by default are lesser players than Sissoko?

Consistently putting in decent performances?

Dier has come in and we have won 4 out of 5 games - the one game he didn’t start and Sissoko did, we lost.

We lost 13 league games last season with Sissoko in the middle of the park
My point and apologies if it wasn’t clear that Sissoko who is practically ALWAYS fit despite the mileage he constantly puts in has been a greater asset than Dier for the past couple of seasons. Sissoko has been for some time now at the very least consistently solid, meanwhile Dier has been either our injured or just poor on the pitch. This he’s only playing because of injuries thing is nonsense, one of the most basic requirements as a professional footballer is that you’re fit and able to play and thank GHod he has been consistently fit. The constant undermining of Sissoko even now when he is performing and even scoring technically good goals is quite frankly embarrassing....

My point and apologies if it wasn’t clear that Sissoko who is practically ALWAYS fit despite the mileage he constantly puts in has been a greater asset than Dier for the past couple of seasons. Sissoko has been for some time now at the very least consistently solid, meanwhile Dier has been either our injured or just poor on the pitch. This he’s only playing because of injuries thing is nonsense, one of the most basic requirements as a professional footballer is that you’re fit and able to play and thank GHod he has been consistently fit. The constant undermining of Sissoko even now when he is performing and even scoring technically good goals is quite frankly embarrassing....

But Dier hasn’t been injured he’s been ill and I’m not sure what winks could do about being pushed into a dugout at Burnley which caused his ankle issues.

The manager himself said the reason he started in CM at OT was because of injuries as he doesn’t see him as a CM.

The reason he is because a top 4 club needs better starting.

Back