• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Troy Parrott

but that team had 6 or 7 full internationals against a div 2 team
There is no excuse for that team not winning
And ALL the players were as culpable as the manager. They play together in training every day even if not in that line up
Please don't remind me of that result. It gets my mood down faster than watching the President of Nigeria.

but that team had 6 or 7 full internationals against a div 2 team
There is no excuse for that team not winning
And ALL the players were as culpable as the manager. They play together in training every day even if not in that line up

He said he'd be leaving a load of first teamers at home. I don't see many youth players beyond those mentioned, other than Tanganga, who are ready to feature. I suppose that Cirkin is a possibility as he talked him up the other week.

Still not a team thought, lacked balance and players who did not gel together, it's not as easy as throw 11 blokes out there and they'll win, some players just do not perform well with others, Lampard and Gerrard spring to mind. I never give much credence to international caps when players like Phil Jones has over 20. Cup games are full of "much better teams" that should win against lower league opponents, if you don't put a good team out you don't deserve to win. I'm all for rotation when players need a rest but changing a team by more than 3 players is asking for trouble and make it very difficult for a young boy to come into the side and do well.

A name worth saying twice (blatantly stolen from the commentators today, perhaps already said in here before).

Good little cameo today, really only a couple of involvements, but looked like he belongs.

From what I've seen the lad is a natural scorer and belongs (in time) at this level. Different skill set when Rooney emerged on the scene as a 16 year old but like him the class is obviously there IMO.

Really early days from him but good to see him get a run out in the first team, it will be some time before he gets a regular spot as it should be as he is still learning the game.

Really disappointed for the lad and with Jose.

Frankly what was the use of replacing Moura with Son and then play the long ball from the back? Game was lost, we were abysmal for the whole of the second half. Would have been a great experience for Parrott and honestly think he would have been more effective.

I think young Parrott will be slightly disappointed, but mosty happy with the experience of travelling to Munich with the CL squad. He's 17. He seems a level headed lad. If anything, this experience should be a great motivation for him. One step at a time.

Really disappointed for the lad and with Jose.

Frankly what was the use of replacing Moura with Son and then play the long ball from the back? Game was lost, we were abysmal for the whole of the second half. Would have been a great experience for Parrott and honestly think he would have been more effective.

Didn't Son get on to two long balls from the back and fudge up one on ones?

Had he been his usual self that change would have earned us a point.

Parrot has just learned about expectation and disappointment.

I suspect he'll be involved in the busy Xmas period and FA Cup 3rd round

Didn't Son get on to two long balls from the back and fudge up one on ones?

Had he been his usual self that change would have earned us a point.

Whilst Son has become far more consistent in recent years he still seems to be as likely to fluff a one-on-one as he is to score a worldie.

Hopefully our new coaching team can help him become a truly elite finisher, as with his turn of pace plus two footedness Son should be hitting 30+ goals a season; considering he’s having as many shots per 90 minutes as Kane nowadays.

I think young Parrott will be slightly disappointed, but mosty happy with the experience of travelling to Munich with the CL squad. He's 17. He seems a level headed lad. If anything, this experience should be a great motivation for him. One step at a time.

Would agree, he is a kid who is going to progress into our first team ( probably), i know some fans wanted him to play but putting him in against one of the big boys would not really be fair on him ( imo). He will get his chance sooner rather then later but i would expect it will be against a smaller team.

Really sad but got told by the one person i actually know in football world he has turn down the option of having even preliminary talks about a new contract and will leave in the summer.

Really sad but got told by the one person i actually know in football world he has turn down the option of having even preliminary talks about a new contract and will leave in the summer.

I would speculate that is to do with where out model of operation has shifted. Indeed a shame.

Back