• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Troy Parrott

In fairness, Mou is seeing that right now the only way we can hold on in matches is to be 3 up around the 80 min mark before clinging on...
That's probably part of it. Just getting on the bench is the first issue. We're struggling to find room there for Sessegnon even so unless there are injuries or a January clear out it's going to be though to find a place for an unproven 17 year old.

I'm gonna give K.D the benefit of the doubt and say he meant Parrot was included in a weak lineup. I think that night we all thought Poch had fudged up by selecting a completely defensive lineup with only one really creative player in it (Dele).

I'm gonna give K.D the benefit of the doubt and say he meant Parrot was included in a weak lineup. I think that night we all thought Poch had fudged up by selecting a completely defensive lineup with only one really creative player in it (Dele).
That line up was more than good enough to win that game

Played in the u18 FA Youth Cup on Monday but didn't playing in the u23 game again this afternoon.
Instead he'll be in the matchday squad for tomorrow. Can't see him getting near the bench.
Wednesday against Bayern has to be his chance with Mourinho saying he will be resting players.

If he can't wait he should go. Wrong meteorology, will not get far.

Sent from my SM-T865 using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

You may be right, but consider an alternative view:
I am sure many people said he should stay at City like Phil Foden, but instead Jaden Sancho was in a hurry for first team football, went to Dortmund and is now an England regular. It works both ways.

Yes I know. Like Kane too. But given our fragile situation right now we can't afford more bad attitude. We need to rediscover a strong positive and winning mentality. Perhaps then we can put up with one or two excessive personalities.

One things for sure, Mourinho has always been decisive about divisive characters. He was right about Pogba at Man U, he didnt have his head screwed on right then, still doesnt now.
You may be right, but consider an alternative view:
I am sure many people said he should stay at City like Phil Foden, but instead Jaden Sancho was in a hurry for first team football, went to Dortmund and is now an England regular. It works both ways.

True but you know his priority then was about preserving a winning team mentality and saw them as weak links THEN.
I like it that JM is decisive and doesn't dither much... Same with his career. We will know when he wants out too. Its dramatic but simpler. Football should be that way.

He played in that game

Yeah what a great chance to play with the reserves, will only know how he copes if he plays with the first team. We fielded a weak side and got what we deserved, too many people think you can throw a group of players who don't play regularly together into a game and they'll play well, if we had played a stronger team he may have had an opportunity to play well rather than struggle with all the other that night, as I said an opportunity lost.

That line up was more than good enough to win that game

Based on their record of convincing victories in the past? Lot of good players, but a team? As usual no respect for opponents, just need to put on the shirts and we'll win. This is why we failed it was good enough on paper but you have to win on the pitch with effort and teamwork.

Yeah what a great chance to play with the reserves, will only know how he copes if he plays with the first team. We fielded a weak side and got what we deserved, too many people think you can throw a group of players who don't play regularly together into a game and they'll play well, if we had played a stronger team he may have had an opportunity to play well rather than struggle with all the other that night, as I said an opportunity lost.

but that team had 6 or 7 full internationals against a div 2 team
There is no excuse for that team not winning
And ALL the players were as culpable as the manager. They play together in training every day even if not in that line up

If nothing else personal pride should have been enough motivation to win that game.
Getting beat like that in a game like that should be viewed as stain on every one of those players careers.
I can't fathom a professional sportsman not having an attitude like that, I really can't and with some of the performances in our crunch games it points to problems ahead with this squad.

Mourinho has said he'll play against Bayern

He didn't though

"It's very important for me to know them better. I am going to play for sure some of the players that are not playing with me in these matches we are playing.

"It's a great opportunity for young people. A great opportunity for the development of these young players, the Walker-Peters, the Skipps, the Parrotts, the Sessegnons, all these young players that we have, it’s a great opportunity for them."

He is saying that these type of young players (hence all the pluralisations) have an opportunity to play.

He didn't though

"It's very important for me to know them better. I am going to play for sure some of the players that are not playing with me in these matches we are playing.

"It's a great opportunity for young people. A great opportunity for the development of these young players, the Walker-Peters, the Skipps, the Parrotts, the Sessegnons, all these young players that we have, it’s a great opportunity for them."

He is saying that these type of young players (hence all the pluralisations) have an opportunity to play.

He said he'd be leaving a load of first teamers at home. I don't see many youth players beyond those mentioned, other than Tanganga, who are ready to feature. I suppose that Cirkin is a possibility as he talked him up the other week.

Back