• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Moussa Sissoko

Moussa Sissoko has admitted the Spurs players ignored Jose's tactics against Man Utd:

“We knew that they were going to be aggressive at the beginning of the 1st half and 2nd half. The gaffer told us, we did the opposite, and that’s why they scored."

He so dumb as a footballer.

Did a player really say that the team ignored the manager's instruction. This is just 4 games into the new regime. Shocking!!

Mou has said in his presser that he doesn’t see Sissoko as a CM and hat Dier and NDombele we’re not fit enough to start
Well he's not wrong there. I would have preferred if he had gone with a different option for the centre, we do have Lo Celso although I do not believe Mou sees him as a CM or even Foyth as an emergency DM. Skipp I can't see getting games until we overall on an even keel.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Fapatalk

Moussa Sissoko has admitted the Spurs players ignored Jose's tactics against Man Utd:

“We knew that they were going to be aggressive at the beginning of the 1st half and 2nd half. The gaffer told us, we did the opposite, and that’s why they scored."

He so dumb as a footballer.

Talk about misquote.

Pretty sure he means they did the opposite unintentionally. Like instead of 'win tackles' they lost tackles. That's not exactly ignoring tactics.

Talk about misquote.

Pretty sure he means they did the opposite unintentionally. Like instead of 'win tackles' they lost tackles. That's not exactly ignoring tactics.

Exactly. He basically means the team didn't come out as aggressively as they planned to...

Mou has said in his presser that he doesn’t see Sissoko as a CM and hat Dier and NDombele we’re not fit enough to start
Good. Speculated on that being the reason in the OMT.

He also said he might use him there again, but seemed like it was more because of a lack of options.

Quite a change from a manager that started him there regularly, posters on here saying he was our player of the season in that position to Mourinho not even seeing him as a central midfielder.

I'm happy with it, but highlights a difference from Pochettino and probably going to be controversial among some?

People tell me he was great as he attacked is well
Whilst forgetting his primary role is defending which he was woefully bad at

I believe Ndombele will be a huge player for us but he is somehow not quite ready. I think Dier is going to be massively important for us but still getting match fitness (three games in a week was good). We missed him Wed. If he played, IMO at least one of those goals does not happen. Have to also say, Lucas offers little in terms of defending high up the pitch. I think Mou sees it all.
His comments on Sissoko were really interesting and on-point.

He also said he might use him there again, but seemed like it was more because of a lack of options.

Quite a change from a manager that started him there regularly, posters on here saying he was our player of the season in that position to Mourinho not even seeing him as a central midfielder.

I'm happy with it, but highlights a difference from Pochettino and probably going to be controversial among some?

Started him there due to lack of fit options.
Also had a passably better FB on the right.
Also looked to have him as the line-breaker as often as possible through the middle and not the sitting player, unless Aurier played in which case back he went and we were a man short again every game those two were in as they both cancelled each other out.
He was started on the right of a 3 at City and it was pretty disastrous (again probably because Walker-Peters played back behind him)...
You'll see Mou play him deep again if he is forced to, he has just clearly said that any such selection is down to relative utility rather than specified skill-set. IMO.

I have no problems blaming Sissoko for loads of things. I just don't think this is one where he deserves blame.

It's quite simple in my mind. Either he was covering the right back as instructed or he was consistently not following instructions and Mourinho didn't manage to get him to change. I think it's the first of those two.

Moura's shortcomings defensively is a different discussion, one I imagine will be highly relevant in the not too distant future.

It will explain why he was never a regular. I think many of us have seen that of course...

Neither Sissoko nor Dier are the solution in defensive midfield.

We have a huge problem in the 4231 because we don't have a decent 2 in the middle.
Because Ndombele and LoCelso need easing in.
Also, Moura is not tracking back.

So it seems obvious to go 4321 to bolster the middle e.g. 3 of Winks Dier Ndombele LoCelso Skipp even Sissoko... whomever we want... but 3 bodies in the middle, which solves so many issues and avoids having the Moura issue too.

It will explain why he was never a regular. I think many of us have seen that of course...

He's not good enough going forward to make up for it either. Will almost always try to run with the ball towards goal himself. Doesn't seem too aware of where his team mates are and when he should be passing it instead.

Back