• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Politics, politics, politics (so long and thanks for all the fish)

I'm pretty sure that Johnson is autistic. I say that as the father of an autistic daughter. The cadence of his voice, his tunnel vision, is self entitlement and lack of empathy. He is also a clam, which has nothing to do with being autistic. Most people on the spectrum are great people.

So many people tell me I'm on the spectrum whatever the fcuk that means.

Super Boris ducking and diving to avoid being interviewed by Andrew Neil. What is this tinkle weak pretender hiding...? The fact that he is a liar, is untrustworthy.... his autistic tendecies, what?

Is anyone else intrigued by people who vote for parties that aren't in their interests? Like people on benefits who vote Conservative. Or people with money, who don't vote Conservative.

Democratic politics is ALL about identity it seems - who people want to identify with. Logic and policies seem to have very little sway. A policy that is more complex than a sound bite - forget about it.

Last edited:
Is anyone else intrigued by people who vote for parties that aren't in their interests? Like people on benefits who vote Conservative. Or people with money, who don't vote Conservative.

Democratic politics is ALL about identity it seems - who people want to identify with. Logic and policies seem to have very little sway. A policy that is more complex than a sound bite - forget about it.
They're very rare in my experience. Mostly the people I know vote Conservative because they have at least a passing understanding of economics or Labour because they want all the free stuff now and fudge the future.

Voting Conservative is in the interest of people on benefits as long as they understand that killing the golden goose is bad for all of us.

They're very rare in my experience. Mostly the people I know vote Conservative because they have at least a passing understanding of economics or Labour because they want all the free stuff now and fudge the future.

Voting Conservative is in the interest of people on benefits as long as they understand that killing the golden goose is bad for all of us.

I think Labour have inherent communication problems. For example, if you take it that anyone earning under 80k would benefit from Labour and anyone earning more would lose some money from Labour, then just on a simplistic money metric, Labour should get a lot more votes. I know this is crude but in essence its correct. I am the converse. So I shouldn't be surprised people go against what is best for them.

What I really don't get is all those in ex-mining towns etc, who are going to vote Tory! Brexit has defied economic logic, as well as identity politics. Cummings nouse was to see that he could grab these voters with simple messaging. And because Farrage, Corbyn, Swinson are equally/more shambolic than Johnson, he'll get a majority in parliament. The lack of credible alternatives plus a bit of good ol' misselling over Brexit should easily get him over the line.

No way could I vote for the current vile evil Johnson/Cummings led bunch no matter how bad Corbyn and the rest are. It is like voting for a Trump or a Farage!

I think Labour have inherent communication problems. For example, if you take it that anyone earning under 80k would benefit from Labour and anyone earning more would lose some money from Labour, then just on a simplistic money metric, Labour should get a lot more votes. I know this is crude but in essence its correct. I am the converse. So I shouldn't be surprised people go against what is best for them.

What I really don't get is all those in ex-mining towns etc, who are going to vote Tory! Brexit has defied economic logic, as well as identity politics. Cummings nouse was to see that he could grab these voters with simple messaging. And because Farrage, Corbyn, Swinson are equally/more shambolic than Johnson, he'll get a majority in parliament. The lack of credible alternatives plus a bit of good ol' misselling over Brexit should easily get him over the line.
People under £80K would only be better off for a very short while - most people are capable of wondering WTF is going to happen when the money runs out.

It's fairly simple to see what happened to Venezuela, East Germany, Russia, even North Korea and see that better off for a year or two doesn't really count for much.

Then I intrigue you my dear friend. Because I am financially comfortable and am voting Labour this time.

I have not actually voted the same way in consecutive elections. Just like I butter and jam scones different ways each time.

Corbyn is far from perfect and I think this country is headed for financial problems. But all western countries are, look at France and the totally justified pension reforms.

I'm voting for a fairer country. I wish the was more in the manifestos about medical research and euthanasia but those are personal issues for me.

I kind of agree with @daz where is he these days? This country needs a 1946 style Labour government.

More house building and I would like to see vertical farms in every town. I'm voting for the party I consider most radical and most likely to achieve things I want. I doubt they would as is the nature of politics.

Still believe in a complete break from the EU, if I were prime minister we would come out on wto terms tomorrow.

Back