• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Davinson Sanchez

His fee arguably isn’t much money in the modern game so is less of a concern for me (Everton paid similar for Keane and he is awful)
His pace looks to be back too
The issue comes though is he is passing to another player with limited passing ability which creates a knock on with no one wanting the ball

I think he's been overall good under Mou and I agree Davidson passing to Sissoko who then pass it back to him is an ever increasing circle of hell. [emoji1787]

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Fapatalk

I think he's been overall good under Mou and I agree Davidson passing to Sissoko who then pass it back to him is an ever increasing circle of hell. [emoji1787]

It’s an accident waiting to happen

This is at least somewhat knee-jerk so feel free to ridicule now or in the future when proven wrong.

I'm getting sick and tired of watching how poor he's on the ball. He has other flaws, but this one stands out as one that will be very difficult to improve on. In fairness it looks worse next to Alderweireld and Vertonghen who are in different ways excellent footballers, but he's just not at the level required.

Perhaps we can build around that weakness. Vertonghen or Alderweireld and in the future another top notch ball player next to him. Get rid of central midfielders that aren't up to scratch on the ball, same with full backs, a goalkeeper with good distribution, always playing a target man.

I just don't understand why we spent that kind of money on a young player with such an obvious weakness. We can spend years improving him only for him still to fall short, or for his very presence to dictate our transfers and lineups for years to come. He can't even head the ball accurately.

Right now I'd happily see us sell him and losing money if anyone would pay up. He's got great talent, I just don't think he has what we need.

Waits for Parklane1 to come on here and say “he’s only 23” :)

Like you I am not writing him off just yet but the prospect of him and Foyth replacing Toby and Jan (who are struggling enough as it is) doesn’t fill me with confidence. I’d argue the priorities over the next 2-3 windows are CB, RB, at least one DM and some proper competition/ a replacement for Lloris who has had a difficult couple of seasons.

I’d argue the priorities over the next 2-3 windows are CB, RB, at least one DM and some proper competition/ a replacement for Lloris who has had a difficult couple of seasons.

I think that most on here agree with that. The only question is in what order of priorities?

Was clownish on that first goal. A very inconsistent player in a position where consistency is most important. Dawson (like Parker, Defoe and Redknapp) is someone frowned upon (for reasons not altogether to do with football) but I was at his debut and thought immediately we looked safe and solid with this guy. I never really lost that feeling. I don’t think Sánchez is a better prospect or player than Dawson was as he is now. Some young centre backs are consistent, I don’t even think it’s that rare. It seems very easy to give him the jitters.

Last edited:
Was clownish on that first goal. A very inconsistent player.
He was fine with the first goal, it took a deflection that he reacted well too and played the ball backwards as that was his only option. Aurier was not switched on and Rashford picked the ball up first.

Gazaniga should really have done better with the goal but I don't think Sanchez was really at fault there at all.

I think that most on here agree with that. The only question is in what order of priorities?
DM -> CB(s) -> RB

We absolutely need a mobile anticipatory DM. We are potentially losing out 2 main starting CBs this very season so that would be my order of priority.

DM -> CB(s) -> RB

We absolutely need a mobile anticipatory DM. We are potentially losing out 2 main starting CBs this very season so that would be my order of priority.

A RB is the first priority for me. After that, it depends on Alderweireld and Vertonghen's contract situation.

His fee arguably isn’t much money in the modern game so is less of a concern for me (Everton paid similar for Keane and he is awful)
His pace looks to be back too
The issue comes though is he is passing to another player with limited passing ability which creates a knock on with no one wanting the ball
They paid that for an established PL player, someone that should have a higher probability of coming straight in and performing. They signing the wrong player is a different story.

We paid that for a young, relatively unproven player with no PL experience.

They paid that for an established PL player, someone that should have a higher probability of coming straight in and performing. They signing the wrong player is a different story.

A player though with an expected higher ceiling. We paid for the potential, Everton overpaid for the finished product.

A RB is the first priority for me. After that, it depends on Alderweireld and Vertonghen's contract situation.
Agreed. Unless Foyth or KWP are rated higher than it seems so far.

Centre back and DM we at least have first choice players that are good enough or fairly close to it (including Sanchez in that btw), players that aren't a constant liability. At right back we have nothing short of a crisis on our hands unless Aurier somehow improves beyond my expectations at least.

Established mediocre player

Agreed. Unless Foyth or KWP are rated higher than it seems so far.

Centre back and DM we at least have first choice players that are good enough or fairly close to it (including Sanchez in that btw), players that aren't a constant liability. At right back we have nothing short of a crisis on our hands unless Aurier somehow improves beyond my expectations at least.

I'd agree that the priorities could change if KWP or Foyth demonstrated that they were competent and consistent at RB.

I was literally going out of my mind last night watching his passing. There must’ve been at least TEN short passes that he passed either behind or in front of the intended player - unforced - absolutely killing an potential momentum build.

He seems to fold when pressed too. Hopefully he can improve, but I worry about him against young, hungry, dynamic teams, like those basically above us.

I was literally going out of my mind last night watching his passing. There must’ve been at least TEN short passes that he passed either behind or in front of the intended player - unforced - absolutely killing an potential momentum build.

He seems to fold when pressed too. Hopefully he can improve, but I worry about him against young, hungry, dynamic teams, like those basically above us.
Agreed.
Man Utd targeted our ASS region (Aurier Sanchez Sissoko) as they know our ASS can be got at easily and will cave in when pushed.

Likewise, you can allow our ASS to have the ball at any time and they won't hurt you.

Just stick Sissoko at RB, yes he’s been a problem chasing back, but if he starts there he’ll be right side and faced up.

Agreed.
Man Utd targeted our ASS region (Aurier Sanchez Sissoko) as they know our ASS can be got at easily and will cave in when pushed.

Likewise, you can allow our ASS to have the ball at any time and they won't hurt you.

You won’t have noticed this but your post sounds a little bit dirty.

Back