• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Moussa Sissoko

Dead chuffed for him, he has took a lot of over the top slagging from some fans ( undeserved most of it). He is not the best player in the squad but he has never stopped working hard for us and trying to help us win games.

Well done Moussa.

Lucky for him he did score. He’d have been slated had he missed, given that Aurier was lined up behind him to take the shot.

3187.jpg

Whatever we say, he's obviously popular in dressing room, everyone seemed chuffed for him, great to see.

I always laugh at the one criticism Saudi Sportswashing Machine fans had which was he was lazy, and if there is one thing he's never been is lazy, guy puts in the shift every time.

jtx4k56b9v141.jpg

Sissoko in central midfield - A whole year of brick results under Poch.
Mourinho gets him the fudge out of there - 3-2 away to West Ham. 4-2 against Olympiakos, 3-1 up against Bournemouth.
Then he moves in there 20 minutes to go against Bournemount. We turn to brick and barely see the game out.
Then he starts there tonight and it was a huge void in midfield against Fred and McTominay.

I seriously doubt he thought that.

But admire his positivity.

I thought that Dele’s glorious equalizer took all the wind out of ManU’s sails and was optimistic that we’d go on to win... then they got that soft penalty and we looked out of sorts again.

Its vital to have someone in CM who can pass. So many times Sissoko has time on the ball but his passing is wayward or obvious step on the lava in the centre circle.

Would much rather play Lo Celso there.
Fixed that for you...

FC7E7273-BBA4-431C-9BF9-D5CCF7A3CE95.jpeg

Last edited:
Sissoko in central midfield - A whole year of brick results under Poch.
Mourinho gets him the fudge out of there - 3-2 away to West Ham. 4-2 against Olympiakos, 3-1 up against Bournemouth.
Then he moves in there 20 minutes to go against Bournemount. We turn to brick and barely see the game out.
Then he starts there tonight and it was a huge void in midfield against Fred and McTominay.

The single biggest issue around this is Aurier. When Aurier plays, he needs to be covered, which essentially means losing a midfielder for a good 70% of there match. We need a proper right-back and not that chancer who clearly does not wish to learn from his copious mistakes (I tag Aurier for deep involvement both goals BTW)...

The single biggest issue around this is Aurier. When Aurier plays, he needs to be covered, which essentially means losing a midfielder for a good 70% of there match. We need a proper right-back and not that chancer who clearly does not wish to learn from his copious mistakes (I tag Aurier for deep involvement both goals BTW)...
I don’t understand why Sissoko feels he needs to cover for the right back in Mourinhos set up though.

Under Poch yes, but we now have asymmetrical full backs, so the left back is a centre back anyway and the back 3 shuffle over. So if anything now, Sanchez covers the space left by Aurier.

Strikes me Sissoko is just going walkabout!...

So who from midfield covered Aurier against West Ham. Olympiakos and Bournemouth?

So who from midfield covered Aurier against West Ham. Olympiakos and Bournemouth?
Very different games in terms of the quality of the opponent. Not just overall quality of the team, but the quality of the wide forward on their left.

Still...

Against Bournemouth it was Sissoko, playing on the right side of midfield. Later in the games against West Ham and Olympiakos it was the exact same situation. Earlier in those games the game conditions were different and it was more of a team effort.

Very different games in terms of the quality of the opponent. Not just overall quality of the team, but the quality of the wide forward on their left.

Still...

Against Bournemouth it was Sissoko, playing on the right side of midfield. Later in the games against West Ham and Olympiakos it was the exact same situation. Earlier in those games the game conditions were different and it was more of a team effort.

So central midfield stayed in the centre and the right forward/midfielder (either Moura or Sissoko, who ever played) tracked back and covered. Neither Dier, Winks, N'Domdele or whoever was in out centre CM pairing felt the need go walkabout but as soon as Sissoko goes to CM he feels the need to cover the RB.

And some are still going to blame anybody (quality of opposition, Aurier as crap as he is, or any of our managers) as long as its not Sissoko.

I don’t understand why Sissoko feels he needs to cover for the right back in Mourinhos set up though.

Under Poch yes, but we now have asymmetrical full backs, so the left back is a centre back anyway and the back 3 shuffle over. So if anything now, Sanchez covers the space left by Aurier.

Strikes me Sissoko is just going walkabout!...

Yep, it’s not his job to cover the right back - Moura needs to be working back

So central midfield stayed in the centre and the right forward/midfielder (either Moura or Sissoko, who ever played) tracked back and covered. Neither Dier, Winks, N'Domdele or whoever was in out centre CM pairing felt the need go walkabout but as soon as Sissoko goes to CM he feels the need to cover the RB.

And some are still going to blame anybody (quality of opposition, Aurier as crap as he is, or any of our managers) as long as its not Sissoko.
I have no problems blaming Sissoko for loads of things. I just don't think this is one where he deserves blame.

It's quite simple in my mind. Either he was covering the right back as instructed or he was consistently not following instructions and Mourinho didn't manage to get him to change. I think it's the first of those two.

Moura's shortcomings defensively is a different discussion, one I imagine will be highly relevant in the not too distant future.

I have no problems blaming Sissoko for loads of things. I just don't think this is one where he deserves blame.

It's quite simple in my mind. Either he was covering the right back as instructed or he was consistently not following instructions and Mourinho didn't manage to get him to change. I think it's the first of those two.

Moura's shortcomings defensively is a different discussion, one I imagine will be highly relevant in the not too distant future.

I can see Moura being off loaded because of it, unless he starts working back against better teams he will always be a flaw in any system

People tell me he was great as he attacked is well
Whilst forgetting his primary role is defending which he was woefully bad at

Back