• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tanguy Ndombele

He is still struggling with the pace of the English game, some good signs but at others he is off the pace. The Talent is there though and i am sure he will show it soon.

He's just come back from injury as well. He's been our stand out performer in many games already this season, and the talent is clear for all to see - he's a proper baller, and will be a fantastic signing for us, no doubt. Didn't have a great game yesterday, but still showed glimpses of what he can do.

If he can get a decent defensive side to his game he will be absolutely massive for us

he switches off currently when players move around him

if we can get him with another plan suitably balanced in CM we will be flying

One minute he looked a liability, the next he was threading perfect passes into an attacking player, cutting out 2-3 Bournemouth players in the process. I do agree though that it was worrying watching both he and Dier gently jogging back whilst Kane sprinted past them to make a great tackle.

One minute he looked a liability, the next he was threading perfect passes into an attacking player, cutting out 2-3 Bournemouth players in the process. I do agree though that it was worrying watching both he and Dier gently jogging back whilst Kane sprinted past them to make a great tackle.

actually Kane ran full pelt and Dier went into the middle. NDombele just kinda jogged

Methinks he looks the best passing central midfield player in the squad.
Agreed, though the competition isn't exactly top notch.

It's about him becoming at least adequate defensively so that he can do what he does on the ball without being a liability for the team.

I think for now he might just have to pace himself, leave out some attacking runs from time to time so that he can do what needs doing when we lose the ball. Hopefully with time he can become more all action on midfield.

Slightly worrying that he was the signing that came in early, had a full Pochettino preseason, should physically be getting there now.

Agreed, though the competition isn't exactly top notch.

It's about him becoming at least adequate defensively so that he can do what he does on the ball without being a liability for the team.

I think for now he might just have to pace himself, leave out some attacking runs from time to time so that he can do what needs doing when we lose the ball. Hopefully with time he can become more all action on midfield.

Slightly worrying that he was the signing that came in early, had a full Pochettino preseason, should physically be getting there now.

he has picked up injuries which hinders the match fitness.
He picked up a niggle quite early on Saturday too. Have to say he will need to toughen up a bit to play in this league

Am i right that he was taken off as soon as Harry Wilson scored that free-kick (the one TN conceded)?

If so was that Jose thinking "maybe this guy is fading and will give away even more"?

Or did the sub impact us in a bad way and make the last few minutes more unbearable than they needed to be?

Will be VERY interesting to see if he starts on Wednesday at OT..

Am i right that he was taken off as soon as Harry Wilson scored that free-kick (the one TN conceded)?

If so was that Jose thinking "maybe this guy is fading and will give away even more"?

Or did the sub impact us in a bad way and make the last few minutes more unbearable than they needed to be?

The only way he's starting against ManU is if Winks is injured. Winks was probably rested with that game in mind.

his number was up before hand as Moura was waiting to come on

his sub didn’t hurt us. They didn’t create much at all but obviously we had the last 3 minutes panic

Weird as Bournemouth at home was the bigger challenge imo...

i think ndombele will do better with a better player alongside him.
dier was like an accident waiting to happen.
It was the other way round at the weekend
NDomeble was a massive weak link and Dier was covering for him
NDombele doesn’t seem to like contact and always complains when he gets a knock rather than just deal with it and get on. The guys still ver young and it shows IMO

It was the other way round at the weekend
NDomeble was a massive weak link and Dier was covering for him
NDombele doesn’t seem to like contact and always complains when he gets a knock rather than just deal with it and get on. The guys still ver young and it shows IMO
I agree that NDombele was poor on Saturday but Dier wasn't covering for anyone....

He was
He was covering for his partner who was being bypassed
It’s why he covered the most distance
Dier was bypassed just as often as NDombele, he was constantly wrong side of the ball. We might as well have not bothered playing a defensive midfield player and just played somebody good instead.

I hope he doesn't end up an enigma. He clearly has massive talent in some areas of his game. His defence/line splitting passes probably the best of his talents.

But defensively not only does he look lazy (to the eye) but almost like he hasn't a clue what he is meant to be doing. Defensively he shows no awareness, positioning, communication or willingness for the collective cause. We're saying he gets tired BUT it ain't from defending from what I can see.

When we signed him I thought he had a touch of the Yaya Toures about him...ie massive talent but sometimes you can't quite 100% buy into him.

Perhaps we need to adjust his responsibilities (like Aurier) if his defending is poo...get him doing less of it.

I hope he doesn't end up an enigma. He clearly has massive talent in some areas of his game. His defence/line splitting passes probably the best of his talents.

But defensively not only does he look lazy (to the eye) but almost like he hasn't a clue what he is meant to be doing. Defensively he shows no awareness, positioning, communication or willingness for the collective cause. We're saying he gets tired BUT it ain't from defending from what I can see.

When we signed him I thought he had a touch of the Yaya Toures about him...ie massive talent but sometimes you can't quite 400% buy into him.

Perhaps we need to adjust his responsibilities (like Aurier) if his defending is poo...get him doing less of it.

He can’t do much less and be effective defensively but...
The guy is class and we just need to let him Grow into the team and the league
He needs some real coaching which he will get and in his own language too which I will help (I assume a Poch spoke French too, as well as some of our new coaches)

Back