• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Jose Mourinho - SACKED

https://www.football.london/tottenham-hotspur-fc/players/son-heung-min-mourinho-spurs-17347274

The appointment of Mourinho has so far worked wonders for the team and Son Heung-min has opened up on what exactly life is like under the experienced boss.

"He’s very kind. He’s smiling, making jokes with the players. I like it, of course," he told reporters after the win over the Cherries.

"I think the results changed a lot, the positive vibe.

"Everyone is positive before games. The gaffer is doing a great job and we are really happy with him.

"The atmosphere changed a lot with the positive vibes."

"It looks more direct," he added. "It’s important we try to find the right decisions. The right timing is important.

"The players know when you have to play, go forwards, when you have to keep the ball.

"The confidence changed a lot. This is the main thing. The lads play with passion and positive energy. This is the most important thing in football."

Spurs sit rather deeper, concentrate on winning the second ball and launch rapid counter-strikes.
Note, too, the occasional deployment of the long-ball, employed to devastating effect by Toby Alderweireld, whose two quarter-back style pinpoint passes led to both Dele Alli’s goals.

wonder why poch never thoguht about it...didn't need a mourinho to try that

There is actually an enormous irony about Mou's Spurs personality to me personally...it is close to where I think Pochettino will be in the next decade. I think Mou is a finitely developed winner who has learnt exactly what he needs to succeed wherever he lands. He has learnt (it appears) from every job, and interestingly enough, he has learnt new skills at every job. I would not be surprised to see Poch much closer to Mourinho's ways and behaviors in the next decade. I firmly, firmly believe what happened with us will be the making of a Poch mkII, perhaps a more savvy, less open and "aura-honest" manager who keeps true cards closer to chest and learns to "perform" a bit better in front of media. Mou is a master, and all his recent stuff, including the ball-boy/girl stuff, is exceptionally clever and pure experience talking. They will always be different people at the core (obviously!) but I think Poch will become a bit more ruthless and less "pure" as a result of everything.
I have to say, thus far Mou is playing an absolute blinder, and as has been said, if we can bag a couple of proper pots before he is on his way again, then all well and good...
i know a lot of people who can but won't compromise their core beliefs.
mourinho - he's a natural at it. poch is at heart a simple man - i think we've seen him hit his limit with us.

wonder why poch never thoguht about it...didn't need a mourinho to try that
We did play that way earlier in his reign. As time progresses we moved away from the press and quick transitions into a slower more deliberate and you could say laboured style.

Much of what Jose has done so far seems fairly common sense but also using the best of what Poch already had us doing.

Why we moved away from that style and even while struggling never looked back to it we will probably never know.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Fapatalk

Real Madrid 'offered Jose Mourinho £12m' to reject Tottenham job
The Spanish club reportedly wanted Mourinho to hold fire until Zinedine Zidane is sacked and were willing to pay for him not to take his new role at Tottenham

Real Madrid allegedly offered Jose Mourinho £12million to reject the Tottenham job.

Mourinho was appointed Spurs' new boss last week following the abrupt sacking of Mauricio Pochettino.

The 56-year-old had been out of work for almost a year before Spurs owner Daniel Levy moved to sign him.

But Mourinho was not short of offers in that time, and according to the Sun , his former club Madrid were willing to pay for him to wait until they sacked boss Zinedine Zidane.

Zidane's future at Madrid has been the subject of much speculation, with rumours suggesting he could face the axe before the end of the season.

Mourinho was under consideration to return to the club to replace the Frenchman, but is said to have had his heart set on a switch to Spurs.

Once the north London club made their interest known, Mourinho was happy to turn his back on approaches from elsewhere.

Borussia Dortmund, AC Milan and Lyon are all believed to have been keen on hiring Mourinho, while there were also lucrative opportunities in China.

Chinese Super League side Guangzhou Evergrande were reportedly prepared to fork out £40m a year after tax to get Mourinho in the hotseat.

But it was Tottenham who landed their man, and the deal is believed to have been weeks in the offing before Pochettino was eventually relieved of his duties.

Mourinho took charge of Spurs less than 12 hours after the Argentine was dismissed, and it is suggested an initial meeting was held exactly a month prior that set the ball rolling.

The Portuguese coach is said to have met super-agent Pini Zahavi in London on October 21 to discuss the role at Spurs.

He has since led his new side to three wins in his first three games as manager.

Zidane meanwhile has seemingly relieved any pressure surrounding his job, with Madrid sat top of the La Liga table and on course to progress from their Champions League group.

Even those very busy or exhausted by the daily grind of life, surely even the people who are excellent at suppressing their urges...

cant...can’t but help getting aroused when Jose says ‘Mr Levy’

because fudge the gods I know I cannot.

let’s Marvin Gaye and ‘get it on’ later

bring your a game tonight lad! Coys!

Strikes me JM has worked out that in order to win everyone over he needed to become Poch MK 2, all lovey-dovey and kissy-kissy.

Part of me us going 'yuk, please somebody pass the sick bowl' because it's very clearly a mask, but he is also demonstrating astute tactical nous in getting the results he and the rest of us crave, hence he is allowed to get away with it.

Strikes me JM has worked out that in order to win everyone over he needed to become Poch MK 2, all lovey-dovey and kissy-kissy.

Part of me us going 'yuk, please somebody pass the sick bowl' because it's very clearly a mask, but he is also demonstrating astute tactical nous in getting the results he and the rest of us crave, hence he is allowed to get away with it.
Read a fairly interesting article on the Athletic about how he's seen at his previous clubs. Titled If you could do it all again, would you?

One of the things highlighted as one of his strengths by people working with him in the past is his empathy. We all know how he's connected extremely well with some players that have been willing to do anything he's asked them to do.

From that perspective not surprising that he's able to figure out what's needed and deliver it. I don't think it's just a mask, I think it's part of him, a part that doesn't get much room when things have turned sour unfortunately.

Read a fairly interesting article on the Athletic about how he's seen at his previous clubs. Titled If you could do it all again, would you?

One of the things highlighted as one of his strengths by people working with him in the past is his empathy. We all know how he's connected extremely well with some players that have been willing to do anything he's asked them to do.

From that perspective not surprising that he's able to figure out what's needed and deliver it. I don't think it's just a mask, I think it's part of him, a part that doesn't get much room when things have turned sour unfortunately.

It is a mask if we call the measured behavior most of us do in our professional and work lives a mask.

Again I'm not as worried that he will "revert" to his United or Real time, the pressure as a football manager is obscene, the pressure at those two clubs? no one is beyond that level of pressure/scrutiny.

I apologise if this has already been asked before, but what do people think if J.M had started managing Spurs at the start of the season.

It is a mask if we call the measured behavior most of us do in our professional and work lives a mask.

Again I'm not as worried that he will "revert" to his United or Real time, the pressure as a football manager is obscene, the pressure at those two clubs? no one is beyond that level of pressure/scrutiny.

True to an extent I think (the mask), particularly what we see in public. The emotional swings, pressure, public nature and close work over time with the players in a performance driven environment makes this particular job different to most others. And it makes it more difficult to keep a mask on for an extended period of time I think. There will always be some elements of a mask in most relationships I think, but also part actual personality. Separating the two isn't always easy and sometimes I think that becomes a false dichotomy.

As for the future I'm not worried at all. Somewhat hopeful that experience, a change of coaches and environment will prevent a meltdown, but mostly just accepting that if that happens it will happen. Enjoying what comes first, however long or short it lasts makes for more fun.

There weren't those concerns voiced much about Pochettino, the end was none the less painful and annoying, luckily not drawn out too long. There's a part of me that's quite happy that when Mourinho fails he does so in a spectacular and expedited fashion leaving few doubts about what needs to happen. I'll take that over a death of a thousand cuts like what happened to Wenger any day.

I apologise if this has already been asked before, but what do people think if J.M had started managing Spurs at the start of the season.

We would have more points, I'm quite sure of it.

Back