• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT Tottenham Hotspur v AFC Bournemouth ***

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
You need to be moving that player out of your way.

A ref isn’t going to give a pen for it, if they did there would be a double figure number given every game.

you can’t shove a player out the way for standing still
Var would give a penalty for that every day pf the week

I think a lot of the criticism of Dier is because some people do not understand the role he is being asked to play and assume that he is meant to be a traditional DM mopping up.

I would love to see Dier's heat map against West Ham and Bournemouth.

If he isn't the one designated with covering the area immediately in front of the back four, then who is?

Seen comments about sissoko not working in the attacking role which I think is fair however I assumed he was there to also cover for NDomblee making his runs and potentially Aurier too (who regularly was available for decent passes which we seemed to rooster up). The issue if that was the case was NDombele was really poor and not up to the speed of the game meaning Sissoko did end up as a true attacker which isn’t his strength now

How was Moura more effective than Sissoko against the Spammers, in the same role then? They both scored a goal each coming in off the right side for a Son cross. He did his usual massive covering and tracking back, should have had an assist for Davo's goal had there not been VAR, a shot set up with a Cruyffesque turn at the edge of the box. He also set up Dele for his hat trick only for him to shoot wide and could have had another goal if Harry had pulled it back to him, instead of shooting, when he was completely unmarked three yards out from an open goal (though I am sure @scaramanga would say he would have missed that ;)).

I try to assess a player on his output rather than preconceptions, especially when the latter are often as biased as hell

How was Moura more effective than Sissoko against the Spammers, in the same role then? They both scored a goal each coming in off the right side for a Son cross. He did his usual massive covering and tracking back, should have had an assist for Davo's goal had there not been VAR, a shot set up with a Cruyffesque turn at the edge of the box. He also set up Dele for his hat trick only for him to shoot wide and could have had another goal if Harry had pulled it back to him, instead of shooting, when he was completely unmarked three yards out from an open goal (though I am sure @scaramanga would say he would have missed that ;)).

I try to assess a player on his output rather than preconceptions, especially when the latter are often as biased as hell

sorry your cloaking the air shot that went through to Dele was an intentional assist ???

I’m not anti Sissoko. Hell I thought he was POTY last season but he isn’t a right sided attacker

and their attack right at the very end when jan cleared it... that came from Sissoko not heading the ball first time, letting it bounce then heading it backwards.

And the one that hit Davo would have been a goal for Sissoko if it hadn’t hit him so that was gutting for him

I listened to Howe at the end of MOTD saying how he felt the scoreline was unfair and they were outdone by two long balls. At the time I hadn't seen the game, but saw the stats and thought he had a right to be upset. Now I've seen the match, I can't help but feel like the man was watching a different game.

We started poorly but from the 20th minute to the 70th, we were head and shoulders the better side. They showed a little threat every now and then but our passing, pressing and combination play cut them open again and again. Had a few players been less greedy and a few others been more clinical Sissoko's third would have been our fifth or even sixth goal. Yes we tinkled away the lead in the last 20 minutes, but up until then we were great value for the win.

I listened to Howe at the end of MOTD saying how he felt the scoreline was unfair and they were outdone by two long balls. At the time I hadn't seen the game, but saw the stats and thought he had a right to be upset. Now I've seen the match, I can't help but feel like the man was watching a different game.

We started poorly but from the 20th minute to the 70th, we were head and shoulders the better side. They showed a little threat every now and then but our passing, pressing and combination play cut them open again and again. Had a few players been less greedy and a few others been more clinical Sissoko's third would have been our fifth or even sixth goal. Yes we tinkled away the lead in the last 20 minutes, but up until then we were great value for the win.

If Alli wasn't on a hat trick we'd have likely got a couple more, imo

their chances were poor shots that Gazzaniga dealt with (all be it not as well as he would have liked)
The free kick was a great strike but they never really threatened after 15 minutes
It all came in the last 5 mins when they had nothing to lose

what you wouldn’t have seen on the highlights was the restart form their 2nd goal... pure Rugby union, bang it to the corner flag

I would love to see Dier's heat map against West Ham and Bournemouth.

If he isn't the one designated with covering the area immediately in front of the back four, then who is?
He is
But I presumed the comments were more about his role being more than that...

He's reached that slightly crazed point of a job where he's so under pressure that he's stopped making sense. Happens to the best of them. They started slightly better than us but only opened us up once in the first half, the rest were pot shots.

Typical "new manager" game.

You could see the players trying to tune into what a new manager wants from them.

They were trying, but it wasnt clicking for a large part, and so there were lots of stray passes etc.

Looked to me like theyve been working on defensive shape a lot, there were a number of instances where two tight banks of four were very clearly organised in game, though it did leave a huge gap between midfield and attack.

Obviously its stuff that will improve with time as players get on the same wavelength, which leaves me feeling positive, because broadly I thought we played pretty well - so its exciting to think what will happen when we are at 100%

Good win and probably should have scored more. Not helped by VAR decisions going against us throughout the match, i.e. the 2 handball decisions in the first half and the offside player in front of Gazza for their 2nd. Dele excellent and both Toby and Sanchez really good at the back. Midfield still doesn't seem quite right. Not sure whether this was due to the off the pace performance from Ndombele or Sissoko not really sure where he was playing or the immobility of Dier, although fair to say that Dier is performing better with each game. Suspect we will see Winks back for Sissoko for the United game.

Still onwards and upwards, 3 wins and 10 goals in last 3 games can't be bad!

sorry your cloaking the air shot that went through to Dele was an intentional assist ???

I’m not anti Sissoko. Hell I thought he was POTY last season but he isn’t a right sided attacker

and their attack right at the very end when jan cleared it... that came from Sissoko not heading the ball first time, letting it bounce then heading it backwards.

And the one that hit Davo would have been a goal for Sissoko if it hadn’t hit him so that was gutting for him

No - I am referring to the tackle he made on the half way line and the powerful run that led to Dele's chance being created.

If I must be honest, I was exactly of the same opinion as you were when I saw the formation.... Mourinho is making a mistake I thought. Sissoko is only effective in central midfield. But I was wrong and my preconceptions were biased as hell. Playing on the right side, Sissoko was our best midfielder and - as I said - no less effective in the role than Moura was against the Spammers. Some plays were outstanding, not least the turn to set up the shot before the disallowed goal.

Good win and probably should have scored more. Not helped by VAR decisions going against us throughout the match, i.e. the 2 handball decisions in the first half and the offside player in front of Gazza for their 2nd. Dele excellent and both Toby and Sanchez really good at the back. Midfield still doesn't seem quite right. Not sure whether this was due to the off the pace performance from Ndombele or Sissoko not really sure where he was playing or the immobility of Dier, although fair to say that Dier is performing better with each game. Suspect we will see Winks back for Sissoko for the United game.

Still onwards and upwards, 3 wins and 10 goals in last 3 games can't be bad!
Correct call to disallow the Sanchez goal, should've been a pen for the other one. Their second goal wasn't offside we had a defender nearer the goal line on the edge of the area, may have been Aurier?

No - I am referring to the tackle he made on the half way line and the powerful run that led to Dele's chance being created.

If I must be honest, I was exactly of the same opinion as you were when I saw the formation.... Mourinho is making a mistake I thought. Sissoko is only effective in central midfield. But I was wrong and my preconceptions were biased as hell. Playing on the right side, Sissoko was our best midfielder and - as I said - no less effective in the role than Moura was against the Spammers. Some plays were outstanding, not least the turn to set up the shot before the disallowed goal.[/QUOTE/]

He wasn’t playing in midfield. He was playing in the 3 behind kane. We played 4-2-3-1 and he wasn’t as good attacking wise as Dele or Son

Back