• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tanguy Ndombele

I think Lo Celso is going to be the one more likely not getting in the team rather than N'Dombele. People earmarked him as the successor to Eriksen, but I think Dele will be the one to take over that mantle....

I think Lo Celso is going to be the one more likely not getting in the team rather than N'Dombele. People earmarked him as the successor to Eriksen, but I think Dele will be the one to take over that mantle....
Based on Mourinho's comments regarding Sissoko I'm actually feeling confident that Ndombele can get a place in this side.

"Of course, when I see Moussa, he is a very good player, but he is very different than my needs. I need that stability from Dier and I need the kid to move the ball faster, also positionally and also to find the attacking players in the positions we want them to find the ball."

The bolded part suggests he wants specific attributes for each role in CM rather than all rounders and speaking about moving the ball quickly there isn't a better player at the club than Ndombele for doing that both from a deeper position but also really opening up the opposition. He will have to work hard and as long as he's willing to do so I'm starting to believe that he has a place in Jose's side, at least in the short term.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Fapatalk

Based on Mourinho's comments regarding Sissoko I'm actually feeling confident that Ndombele can get a place in this side.

"Of course, when I see Moussa, he is a very good player, but he is very different than my needs. I need that stability from Dier and I need the kid to move the ball faster, also positionally and also to find the attacking players in the positions we want them to find the ball."

The bolded part suggests he wants specific attributes for each role in CM rather than all rounders and speaking about moving the ball quickly there isn't a better player at the club than Ndombele for doing that both from a deeper position but also really opening up the opposition. He will have to work hard and as long as he's willing to do so I'm starting to believe that he has a place in Jose's side, at least in the short term.

Also shows Mourinho isnt just intent on playing boring,turgid football - he wants to get the ball forward quickly to our players who can hurt teams....

Also shows Mourinho isnt just intent on playing boring,turgid football - he wants to get the ball forward quickly to our players who can hurt teams....
Well the arguement about turgid football (which is a little unfair) comes from times when he has his team's playing longer passes and more cynically. Those games are coincidentally usually matches against his direct opponents so they are the games that have the most viewers consequently the idea that he favours the percentage permeates.

There is an element of truth but it's more than he doesn't want to lose and he isn't satisfied in a loss even if the team has "played well" or played "good football."

He has had plenty of sides that played exciting or attractive football, the initial Chelsea side, Inter, Real Madrid, Chelsea on his return etc. It's just when it breaks down he veers towards the cynical.

I prefer the joy of three points, competitive teams winning over fancy football that always breaks my heart losing 5-3.

And who is to say his direct style is boring? I quite liked watching the match against West Ham, it looked like we had a plan, tactics and a formation that was effective. I found it interesting to see and for me it was entertaining seeing the way we had scored three goals. All basics but effective. Give me that all day Vs players running around like headless chickens, blaming each other for errors and lack of positions, only to give it to one player that is expected to match the efforts of the entire opposite XI.

I prefer the joy of three points, competitive teams winning over fancy football that always breaks my heart losing 5-3.

And who is to say his direct style is boring? I quite liked watching the match against West Ham, it looked like we had a plan, tactics and a formation that was effective. I found it interesting to see and for me it was entertaining seeing the way we had scored three goals. All basics but effective. Give me that all day Vs players running around like headless chickens, blaming each other for errors and lack of positions, only to give it to one player that is expected to match the efforts of the entire opposite XI.

The Jose narrative is fudging tiresome. Everyone raves about Pool but they are fudging direct.

My biggest complaint about Poch is in an unbalanced team, the one thing we have that is WC is the front 4 options, just get the ball to them quickly and let them hurt the opposition, the more you smash 3-5 goals a game the more the opposition gets intimidated about overcommitting and that in itself improves your defense.

N'dombele will fit in, he looks to get the ball forward quickly while actually improving the midfield.

NDOMBELE IS CLASS
I'm sure Mourinho knows of him
Dier looks to have the mentality, but I am doubtful his performance can match up to Mourinhos expectations
Sissoko has served us well, and would be excellent back up.
Not sure about lo celso but if he's cheap, why not...

Sent from my SM-T865 using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

The moments of quality are there to see but man, this guy should probably pack in the cigs and booze, especially before a game. At one stage Kane had gone deeper than Tanguy to win the ball back, passed it and sprinted to get back up front to his position, all whilst the young French midfielder had strolled about 1 meter in each direction...I might have been mistaken but he took a knock that had him limping early on, in an odd way I hope I wasn't mistaken because his general lethargy is a worry if not relating to some kind of injury.

The moments of quality are there to see but man, this guy should probably pack in the cigs and booze, especially before a game. At one stage Kane had gone deeper than Tanguy to win the ball back, passed it and sprinted to get back up front to his position, all whilst the young French midfielder had strolled about 1 meter in each direction...I might have been mistaken but he took a knock that had him limping early on, in an odd way I hope I wasn't mistaken because his general lethargy is a worry if not relating to some kind of injury.
That was Ndombele and Dier. The two of them were bypassed by Kane in both offensive and defensive phases on that play. It was disappointing to see.

I 100% noticed this today.

Let's face it the PL is a rapid league unless you're a team that totally dictates the tempo. Unless he's on the ball it all just looks like a blur to him.

His fitness level is way below the rest of the guys. He's blowing out his arse after 40mins in the first half and even after half time he's wrecked around 60 mins. Jose should have subbed him then not waited until 73 minute. Compared to Dier he's essential to our midfield though and hopefully will improve his fitness soon.

His fitness level is way below the rest of the guys. He's blowing out his arse after 40mins in the first half and even after half time he's wrecked around 60 mins. Jose should have subbed him then not waited until 73 minute. Compared to Dier he's essential to our midfield though and hopefully will improve his fitness soon.

He was pretty anonymous int he first half, definitely our weakest link yesterday.

I get Levy not liking buying new players because in the main they are feckless, bang average and grossly overpaid!

If N’Dombele was one of the good ones I despair. This lad needs to get fit, loose weight and get his act together or it off to Watford!

Last edited:
I get Levy not liking buying new players because in the main they are feckless, bang average and grossly overpaid!

If N’Dombele was one of the good ones I despair. This lad needs to get fit, loose weight and get his act together or it off to Watford!
I'm not allowed to say you are a pillock, but is it OK if I think that you are a pillock?

Overall I'm very excited by him. He has a lot of talent, still very young and is showing glimpses of it in games.

However, he was shocking yesterday. Stupid free kick to give away, seemed well behind the pace even early on, was strolling around for bits of the game. Still a few excellent passes though.

Poch was right clearly not to just immediately throw him in all the time, he needs some work still.

Overall I'm very excited by him. He has a lot of talent, still very young and is showing glimpses of it in games.

However, he was shocking yesterday. Stupid free kick to give away, seemed well behind the pace even early on, was strolling around for bits of the game. Still a few excellent passes though.

Poch was right clearly not to just immediately throw him in all the time, he needs some work still.
Agree with all of this

Back