• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT Tottenham Hotspur v AFC Bournemouth ***

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Be the same as the last two games with Sissoko providing cover for Aurier.

That's not what we've been doing in the last two games. The cover for Aurier has come from switching to a back three in attack. In defence, the back four remain tight and the midfield sits close to them.

Is this 433 ?

dele at rwf?

Short answer, it'll be fluid. Slightly longer answer, it'll be very fluid.

Personally I think it'll be 4 -2 -3 -1 with Sissoko at at the right of the three, often going deep to cover Aurier. Maybe harsh on Lucas. Glad to see Rose not on the pitch, he could useful off the bench if we need to throw caution to the wind but it'd be nice to see us display a bit more control.

In theory I like the Dier / N'dombele partnership, let's see them put it in to practice!!

That's not what we've been doing in the last two games. The cover for Aurier has come from switching to a back three in attack. In defence, the back four remain tight and the midfield sits close to them.

And what has Sissoko been doing when he comes on and Aurier pushed forward?

Surge playing his 3rd game in a week and no Foyth on the bench. I'm really bummed Foyth isn't getting in the team, especially in a home game against Bournemouth.

Edit: Sess, too. If you don't play, or at least have them on the bench against Bournemouth, then when? Mou is terrible when it comes to young players.

Surge playing his 3rd game in a week and no Foyth on the bench. I'm really bummed Foyth isn't getting in the team, especially in a home game against Bournemouth.

Edit: Sess, too. If you don't play, or at least have them on the bench against Bournemouth, then when? Mou is terrible when it comes to young players.

I get the feeling Mourinho will have 'his players' and Foyth will very much fall in the 'Poch player' camp. I hope he proves me wrong, but I reckon certain squad members won't get a look in until they're shipped out.

That or the humble one wants to avoid unnecessary calamities early in his tenure, although that makes Aurier a confusing constant so far.

Sissoko on the right? If Mourinho can get anything out of that offensively, I take my hat off to him. But it seems like a very defensive side for a home match against a mid table team. I'm not sure there is enough creativity and goal threat there.

It'll be interesting to see how he does. He's never performed particularly well for us as an inside right.

I would imagine he would play deeper than an inside right - allowing Aurier Carte Blanche to bomb forward.

Mourinho is a skilled politician. Everything he does at spurs should be viewed in this lens.

His team selections are politically influenced. He knows the level of player effort was a factor in Poch getting sacked. He needs to get everyone on side. He is playing people with long service histories; the clique who have the most influence in the dressing room. Over time it will change; it has to - but if he doesn't pay attention to it now it would cause him problems. Over time everyone will know that Mourinho is the boss but it's going to take a little while for him to do that. A good way to get a powerful clique against you will be to drop them immediately from the team. It's probably why wanyama got a shout-out in the media this week as well.

Sent from my GM1910 using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

I get the feeling Mourinho will have 'his players' and Foyth will very much fall in the 'Poch player' camp. I hope he proves me wrong, but I reckon certain squad members won't get a look in until they're shipped out.

That or the humble one wants to avoid unnecessary calamities early in his tenure, although that makes Aurier a confusing constant so far.
So basically doing what every coach does when they come into a club - play the players he trusts to get results. Poch certainly had ‘his players’....

Interesteing pre match comments from Mou. Highlighted corners as Bournemouth's greatest danger. Jan and Sissoko for Rose and Moyra... That's more than a foot extra height defending set pieces

Back