• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Obscure players and memories

Believe it or not i was at a game when Moores scored a hat-trick for us.

I remember that Colin Lee got 4, couldn't believe it when I was sitting in our dressing room listening to the results on "Sports Report" It was on MoTD that night very unusual for a 2nd div game to be on.

Here are a few legendary strikers from the 90's.

fenn-390x285.png

Neale Fenn - I remember him and the guy below (Rory Allen) starting up front against United at Old Trafford and I had this stomach ache thinking we'd lose by 7 or something, but I think we only lost 2-0. I think he scored in a 3-2 away win against Carlisle in the league cup in '97. I remember too many weird things.

12579-zoom.jpg

Rory Allen - scored a goal against Man United, if I remember correctly, but was mostly known for his Elvis-like hair.

18154-zoom.jpg

Steven Slade - scored against QPR, and I remember thinking he would be great for us, but quickly left for ... QPR.

Ah, that Pony shirt. Fills me with as much joy as it does dread. I spent way too much time dreading going to school on Mondays having to take the stick from fans of other teams (even Villa fans at the time). :p

12579-zoom.jpg

Rory Allen - scored a goal against Man United, if I remember correctly, but was mostly known for his Elvis-like hair.

:p
Allen was known for ridiculous Ian Walker like curtains, being brick at football, and ultimately and most famously for fudging football off forever to go watch the Ashes whilst at Portsmouth.

Bobby Convey aka the American Maradona. Or at least so I thought at the time.

Not exactly a former player, although we did agree a fee for his transfer before a denied work permit put a stop to the deal. I was fuming at the time, because of the unfairness! Why shouldn't we be allowed to sign world class players?

In hindsight I have to say I was so, so wrong about this one.

I always had really high hopes for this guy.. Thought his signing was a great show of intent from the club.

Don't think he was utilised in the correct way by Redkneck either. Would have been great under AVB or Poch. Proper little player on his day.

Going back a bit further the player I was convinced would make it was Jimmy Pearce, a young winger who used to vie with Jimmy Neighbour and Ralph Coates for a wing position in the late 60s and early 70s. He had great pace and an ability to score spectacular goals but sadly had to retire early with a serious knee injury.

The other 2 that come to mind were 2 midfielders in the early to mid 1990s, Darren Caskey - good enough to be England under 18 captain and Danny Hill - who I seem to remember was named in the predicted England team for the year 2000 by The Times.

Both dropped down to lower leagues sadly.

No photos due to my uploading incompetence but I am sure someone else can oblige

273FFC60-3CDB-4D5F-B762-EA907D6E0E85.jpeg
Going back a bit further the player I was convinced would make it was Jimmy Pearce, a young winger who used to vie with Jimmy Neighbour and Ralph Coates for a wing position in the late 60s and early 70s. He had great pace and an ability to score spectacular goals but sadly had to retire early with a serious knee injury.

The other 2 that come to mind were 2 midfielders in the early to mid 1990s, Darren Caskey - good enough to be England under 18 captain and Danny Hill - who I seem to remember was named in the predicted England team for the year 2000 by The Times.

Both dropped down to lower leagues sadly.

No photos due to my uploading incompetence but I am sure someone else can oblige
The Jennings haircut enhanced with a tache!

273FFC60-3CDB-4D5F-B762-EA907D6E0E85.jpeg

Whilst googling for anything on Robbie Keane chucking his shirt after being subbed I accidentally entered another forum. It was a thread on the worst thing you have seen at Spurs and I just wanted to share it on here as it genuinely made me laugh out loud:
At a really boring game against Norwich in the 70's a pigeon stayed on the pitch and was running up and down the pitch, the crowd started cheering it on each time it got in the Norwich half, until Terry Naylor ran up to it and kicked it into the East stand, feathers everywhere. He was booed every time he touched the ball after that. The highlight of the game.
Edit:
+ photo. Favourite other club :eek:
2D40C7D9-0B8E-4E51-8EB7-2345C24957A9.jpeg

Last edited:
kevin-scott-tottenham-hotspur-fc-12-august-1994-HN8XFE.jpg

About 25 years ago I went to Highfield Road to watch Coventry vs Spurs, hopeful of a fine performance from our proud lads.
Our showing was a VERY damp squid.
I'm pretty sure it was this prick that gave away a penalty, to consign us to defeat.
https://www.11v11.com/matches/coventry-city-v-tottenham-hotspur-09-april-1994-21646/
Crapola.

Kevin Scott

Actually our record against Cov was pretty bad around then, sheesh.

"W" means a Coventry win:

19 Aug 1992 Tottenham Hotspur v Coventry City W 0-2 Premier League
14 Sep 1992 Coventry City v Tottenham Hotspur W 1-0 Premier League
01 Jan 1994 Tottenham Hotspur v Coventry City W 1-2 Premier League
09 Apr 1994 Coventry City v Tottenham Hotspur W 1-0 Premier League
31 Dec 1994 Coventry City v Tottenham Hotspur L 0-4 Premier League
09 May 1995 Tottenham Hotspur v Coventry City W 1-3 Premier League
25 Oct 1995 Coventry City v Tottenham Hotspur W 3-2 League Cup
04 Nov 1995 Coventry City v Tottenham Hotspur L 2-3 Premier League
30 Mar 1996 Tottenham Hotspur v Coventry City L 3-1 Premier League
07 Dec 1996 Coventry City v Tottenham Hotspur L 1-2 Premier League
11 May 1997 Tottenham Hotspur v Coventry City W 1-2 Premier League
13 Dec 1997 Coventry City v Tottenham Hotspur W 4-0 Premier League

kevin-scott-tottenham-hotspur-fc-12-august-1994-HN8XFE.jpg

About 25 years ago I went to Highfield Road to watch Coventry vs Spurs, hopeful of a fine performance from our proud lads.
Our showing was a VERY damp squid.
I'm pretty sure it was this prick that gave away a penalty, to consign us to defeat.
https://www.11v11.com/matches/coventry-city-v-tottenham-hotspur-09-april-1994-21646/
Crapola.

Kevin Scott

I was there too. Yes. The fudging oaf. Cobain killed himself the day before. As we walked from our car, some 9 year old girl pushing a basket of laundry yelled at us to "fudge off back to London you roosterney clams"...I hated Highfield Road!

Back