• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Troy Parrott

He dropped down and trained with the youths on Monday before the UEFA Youth League game on Tuesday. He of course scored in that game.
It will be interesting to see if he plays u23 games now inside of missing the chance of regular games just to travel with the first team.
He has only played 6 club games this season (4 UYL, 1 U23 and the League Cup game)
He needs regular games at this age.
The next u23 games is next Friday.

He is still so young. Definitely a great prospect - so we're Bernard.... and Kane.
Patience is important. There is no need for him to be involved too soon. Some training, a few minutes here and there, some loans.
Will give him the chance to be the player he can be.

He is still so young. Definitely a great prospect - so we're Bernard.... and Kane.
Patience is important. There is no need for him to be involved too soon. Some training, a few minutes here and there, some loans.
Will give him the chance to be the player he can be.

You are right, but as I said earlier when he sees what first team football did for Jordan Sancho I can understand why he might consider agitating for a move

You are right, but as I said earlier when he sees what first team football did for Jordan Sancho I can understand why he might consider agitating for a move
Obviously I have no actual idea what he's thinking. Unless we get him on a decent length contract when he turns 18 and get him a useful loan I would share your concerns and think that the clock is ticking for Mourinho with some of these young academy players to turn words into action. So far he's said all the right things publicly at least, but without action that will begin to mean less and less. Probably has a couple of months, maybe a bit more. If we go into the summer without Skipp, Parrott, KWP getting any real game time I'm not sure we can expect much patience.

It’s really difficult for a young striker to get a run of games without dropping down a level unless they go on an immediate scoring run in a side that has a striker who is on his way out. Parrott looks like a he can only play central as opposed to wing forward where it’s easier to shunt out a young player (see Rashford)
Sign for us, working with Mourinho and Kane should be a big incentive whilst hopefully getting on the bench. Kane is an exception and the pinnacle of what academy lads can dream of, he didn’t make his breakthrough until he was 21 and went out on loan in the championship.

It’s really difficult for a young striker to get a run of games without dropping down a level unless they go on an immediate scoring run in a side that has a striker who is on his way out. Parrott looks like a he can only play central as opposed to wing forward where it’s easier to shunt out a young player (see Rashford)
Sign for us, working with Mourinho and Kane should be a big incentive whilst hopefully getting on the bench. Kane is an exception and the pinnacle of what academy lads can dream of, he didn’t make his breakthrough until he was 21 and went out on loan in the championship.

I think one way forward would be bringing Parrott on for Kane at around the 80 minute mark when a match is done and dusted.

I think one way forward would be bringing Parrott on for Kane at around the 80 minute mark when a match is done and dusted.

Those kind of subs are a lot easier to make when you're winning but I agree that it would be a good way to bring him on.

Those kind of subs are a lot easier to make when you're winning but I agree that it would be a good way to bring him on.
True, and I also those subs are essentially meaningless, at least if they're made when winning comfortably and the match is in essence over. Very little actual experience of PL level football to be gained, after an initial potential boost of just having the experience of being on the pitch I don't think many young players are happy about that being their role.

Pochettino put on young players in situations where the game was still in the balance, I thought that took courage. Not easy to do, but if a player is ever going to get integrated and get that experience without going out on loan I think it has to be done.

I don’t disagree that Kane should be rested when / (if!!) we put a game out of sight.

The only thing with that is he will end up not seeing a lot of the ball and notching up x number of games without a goal stats. It is rare that Kane gets subbed regardless of the situation, I do feel that that’s the kind of power he holds at the club while Poch was here and will be interesting to see if Mourinho is any different.

I don’t disagree that Kane should be rested when / (if!!) we put a game out of sight.

The only thing with that is he will end up not seeing a lot of the ball and notching up x number of games without a goal stats. It is rare that Kane gets subbed regardless of the situation, I do feel that that’s the kind of power he holds at the club while Poch was here and will be interesting to see if Mourinho is any different.

I would suggest that if Kane is subbed in a match that we are comfortably winning, and just as important, Troy comes on to join a very strong team i.e. with Dele, Lucas and Son on the pitch he would probably have much more opportunities than if started in a very weakened team in the league cup

Back