• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Lucas Moura

I dont think Son struggles as striker at all.

I think he has proven VERY effective, and our most capable cover for Kane.

Its why I was happy to see Llorente go, knowing Son was able back up (and Parrot then had room to come in).

I was disappointed Son wasnt upfront Sunday. And confused as to why he was on the right...
Yup. Son is more than comfortable and capable of playing striker. It changes the way we approach the attack but that is no negative thing. Play into space and Son will run on behind all day. Poch buggered us on Sunday with Moura upfront which only works when he has a physical presence to play off like Llorente.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Fapatalk

I dont think Son struggles as striker at all.

I think he has proven VERY effective, and our most capable cover for Kane.

Its why I was happy to see Llorente go, knowing Son was able back up (and Parrot then had room to come in).

I was disappointed Son wasnt upfront Sunday. And confused as to why he was on the right...
I'm with you here (but would've been quite happy to have kept Llorente anyway. Not as backup to Kane, more as an option to bring on late in games when we're resorting to pumping it up and trying to play off of him).

Yup. Son is more than comfortable and capable of playing striker. It changes the way we approach the attack but that is no negative thing. Play into space and Son will run on behind all day. Poch buggered us on Sunday with Moura upfront which only works when he has a physical presence to play off like Llorente.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Fapatalk
I also found it a bit weird that Moura and Son weren't playing in each other's positions on Sunday?

I'm with you here (but would've been quite happy to have kept Llorente anyway. Not as backup to Kane, more as an option to bring on late in games when we're resorting to pumping it up and trying to play off of him).

Llorente is fine as a plan B / high ball kind of option, and I wouldnt have had an issue if we kept him another year.

Though in the scheme of things, I was happier with the idea of a more dynamic front line, and of bringing through big talent from the academy.

Son was preferred to Llorente for the most part as alternative to Kane. If we had another AM, then we would never be left short in attack, and we could rotate effectively to keep everyone involved and fit etc.

Was how I was looking at it, anyway.

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/lucas-moura-explains-jose-mourinho-20971434

Often used as a centre forward by Mauricio Pochettino, Moura is back in a favoured wing role under Mourinho and ready to thrive.

He said: “Every player wants to play, it doesn't matter the position. But everyone knows I am not a No.9, it is not my best position.

“When Pochettino put me there I always gave my best because for me the most important thing is the team but each coach has one opinion, a different mind.

Now I feel very good in this position. I always played in this position, I feel good and I am happy.

Weird. I always thought he wanted to play centrally which is why he didn’t play on the wing under Pochettino.

There were plenty of times Dele was out wide and Moura in the second striker role...

I never understood him playing as a striker, always considered him best as a rwf - albeit with room to improve

Same. I had assumed he saw himself as a striker / cf hence being picked there - so surprising he wanted to play on the wing all along.

Hopefully he can be more consistent with a run in a single position

Same. I had assumed he saw himself as a striker / cf hence being picked there - so surprising he wanted to play on the wing all along.

Hopefully he can be more consistent with a run in a single position

Cant say I ever saw it as his preference, always thought it was a Poch thing, just assumed Poch didnt feel he was good enough defensively to be rwf - something like that.

Which isnt unfair criticism, although given it seems to be his natural position Id have prefer him work on that aspect of his game than just put him up front.

Cant say I ever saw it as his preference, always thought it was a Poch thing, just assumed Poch didnt feel he was good enough defensively to be rwf - something like that.

Which isnt unfair criticism, although given it seems to be his natural position Id have prefer him work on that aspect of his game than just put him up front.

Ditto, especially as he normally played on the right wing for PSG

Was part of the transition to get Kane playing as a CM. Never seemed to make any sense, especially when it resulted in Kane just trying to flick the ball onto Moura.

Back