• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT Tottenham v Olympiacos

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Really? I just saw us get a lucky goal and we lifted our game after half time.

We did get a lucky goal.

would you think that we have been starting games with this brick intensity for over a year and that maybe it’s not a quick fix.

I doubt poch would have even contemplated an early sub for fear of hurting the players feelings...

either way let’s just Marvin Gaye, get it on and get over it.

What was different today under Mourinho? Less than the previous game!

We started so poorly. Trying to get the ball forward quickly - something Mourinho is clearly asking for - but didn't get any possession in the opening minutes. We reverted to type, and couldn't get a foothold.

As we all knew, Mourinho wouldn't worry about bruising egos, to make quick subs. He also brought Sissoko on when things were looking too open.

What did we learn? Mourinho doesn't have a magic wand. The issues Poch faced Mourinho still has to address. Key for me is getting out midfield right. We have a number of decent, but not standout CMs; and question marks over 2 new talented young players who are settling. Can they play in a deeper role?

I know everyone bangs on about FBs but imo the CM positions are our Achilles heel.

Always said Aurier can attack and he can defend. It’s just about putting it all together and cutting out the brain farts. Mourinho could be the person to coach the silly errors out of him, then we really do have a player on our hands....

Those were my thoughts after the West Ham game. People talk about him rebuilding Dele or Dier. This is the guy who can really fill a gap if Mourinho can get the best out of him. He certainly plays with gusto.

It's true. The one consistent part of Poch's game plans was to play one of the creative midfielders to knit the attack together.

Worked well over the last 12 months.

The point is, would Poch have been as pro-active to rectify an issue, regardless whether it was if his creation or not.

Back