• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Best TV series of the decade

Impossible to pick just one. Breaking Bad, Justified, Game of Thrones, the Leftovers, Dark, True Detective 1 & 3, Fargo 1, the People vs OJ Simpson, the Loudest Voice, Patrick Melrose, Succession, Maniac, Madmen, Westworld 1, Mindhunter, House of Cards, Sharp Objects, Big Little Lies, Homeland, Board Walk Empire, Top of the Lake 1. Comedy I'd go for Peepshow, It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, People Just Do Nothing, Veep and the last season of Curb.

Last edited:
Impossible to pick just one. Breaking Bad, Justified, Game of Thrones, the Leftovers, Dark, True Detective 1 & 3, Fargo 1, the People vs OJ Simpson, the Loudest Voice, Patrick Melrose, Succession, Maniac, Madmen, Westworld 1, Mindhunter, House of Cards, Sharp Objects, Big Little Lies, Homeland, Board Walk Empire, Top of the Lake 1. Comedy I'd go for Peepshow, It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, People Just Do Nothing, Veep and the last season of Curb.

had forgotten about those three, good shouts

Legion
Fargo
The Leftovers
The OA
Watchmen
Better Call Saul

All consistently better than everything else on TV his decade including the likes of GOT, Breaking Bad and Westworld.

Amazing that at a time in which TV is more expensive to watch than ever before, and when there are so many more channels and ways to watch them that there is so little real quality to be viewed. It seems like people are struggling to name ten top programmes of the last decade...that’s only one new tv show a year that people can name. Shocking really.

Amazing that at a time in which TV is more expensive to watch than ever before, and when there are so many more channels and ways to watch them that there is so little real quality to be viewed. It seems like people are struggling to name ten top programmes of the last decade...that’s only one new tv show a year that people can name. Shocking really.

I wouldn’t say it’s a struggle, just that people have their favourites, and there have been a handful that were so good it’s obvious where the winner is going to come from.

More channels just means more reruns.

This thread is about the best TV series of the decade. It's not about a top ten. I can list 6 which I think show be considered as the best shows this decade.
In comparison I can think of only one football player who should be considered best player this decade.

Sunderland ‘til I die...

the best show of the next decade will be the one that comes out late 2020 and has us winning the CL against Bayern in the final...nah it’s too far fetched

There’s a few that I remember being great to from the beginning to the middle but tailed off at the end, perhaps because expectation and exposure increased.

most of the ones that required some serious investment have been mentioned but Community, Modern Family Brooklyn 99 and Arrested Development were some good easy watch comedies with some kind strong characters for me. It’s quite an art to be funny and clean too.

The Detecorists is my favourite all time tv comedy.

Enjoyed My mad fat diary thought it was very well done.

Better call saul was is good. Dont watch a great deal of tv. Usually someone recommends me something and after 15 minutes I wander off, yet I can watch the most boring football match for the whole game.

Back