• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Daniel Levy - Chairman

Think his biggest mistake was abandonning the DoF set up these last few years - with that in place we'd have been better positioned to handle the squad transition on a shoe string that was ultimately the downfall of the last set up

Didn't we move away from the DOF model on Poch's request and didn't that tie in with his job title change to have more responsibility?

The first team that started a match after Levy assumed control in March 2001:

Sullivan, Young, Doherty, Scumball, Thelwell, King, Clemence, Freund, Sherwood, Booth, Ferdinand.

We lost 1-2 to Derby. Taribo West scored an own goal.

I was there. Right up with the absolute most dire Spurs performances I've ever witnessed.

Last edited:
If you could find better that would be a conversation, just don't see it .. lets use an example

- Poch, good manager, are there better? -> Pep, Jose, Simeone, Allegri, Ancelotti, Conte, Klopp, Wenger, SAF are all managers in and around Poch's time that CV, results, experience would indicate were/are better
- Levy, brilliant chairman, is there better? -> could you find one in the last 20 years that transformed a club financially, structurally, squad and on field results organically to the extent Spurs has? without money doping and cheating?

Listen, everyone has flaws, but Levy is about the best I've seen in my lifetime (I really am struggling to think of someone in the same ballpark)

- When I hear "maybe we should replace Levy", I feel the translation is "fudge this, I want a billionaire to come in and just throw money at the club ala Chelsea and City and I don't give a fudge where the money comes from"
- And this is same group of fans that "want a break from the game" because we fired Poch, it's hypocritical ..

If you want cheat mode on, ok .. that's you. If you want to play the game the right way (on and off the field), you simply are not going to get a better chairman ..

Brilliant post. But honestly mate, save your energy. This is one of those situations where those who don't get it, aren't ever going to.

Last edited:
Well I know we couldn’t afford manes wages...
So who knows
Maybe if the money hadn’t been spent on other players we could have afforded Mané

Dont buy the N" brothers and moura and there's mane.
So three signings poch didn't want for one he did that almost certainly would have made a difference, if not to us definitely to Liverpool.

Dont buy the N" brothers and moura and there's mane.
So three signings poch didn't want for one he did that almost certainly would have made a difference, if not to us definitely to Liverpool.

I dunno about that, they are paying Mane over 15m a year aren’t they?

Is this the most challenging time for Levy in his chairmanship?

He's swimming with the big sharks now; Mourinho, Mendez, Pini zahavi.

Expectations from the fan base appear to be"trophy or bust".

Sympathy for the low wage budget is gone with the new stadium.

Credit with the fans is strained following the removal of a very popular manager.

The asset value of the squad has decreased by maybe 100mil with contracts running out? We don't have cash injections to put this back; we're gonna be down a star player for a long while compared to where we were before.

If Mourinho doesn't get backed financially, pundits won't blame him because they will say a leopard doesn't change its spots and levy well knew his man before he came.

I think he can do it; and at the same time it won't be a cakewalk for him.

Sent from my GM1910 using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Back