• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Jose Mourinho - SACKED

I think Jose is a busted flush; he's gotten progressively worse in each appointment since Real Madrid.
It's an appointment that could work from the point of view that Jose might know/realise that this may be his last chance at the top, but whilst it was certainly preferable to Eddie Howe - in terms of club/board ambition - i think like a lot of our transfer activity, a few years too late.

Hope to be proved wrong, but there you go...

Think he also said it's his job to convince players this is where they should be.

That's totally consistent with what I said. Full and Frank conversation. If you want to stay, sign a new contract. If you don't, you won't be part of my squad. It really isn't rocket science.

I'm not sure yet how I feel about Mourinho's appointment. I'm still sad that Poch was let go, but there was obviously more to it than just results and if Levy didn't have faith that Poch could turn things around then I guess he had to be brave (the irony of that) and make the call.

I find it hard to warm to Mourinho nowadays. I don't like him publically dissing his players, I didn't like the way he treated the physio at Cheatski.
But he has a proven track record and I think the players will respond well to him, which is what matters really.
I am looking forward to see where we go from here, and my ambivalence about Mourinho himself won't stop me supporting him.

One thing I am sure we will now have - and which I think we do need to some degree - is a manager who will be more vocal about bad officiating decisions. He doesn't accept underperformance from his players, and he won't from the officials either.

The truth is that he is unlikely to make three years in the job and in the last period his behaviour will be awful.

You are probably right on that, however i can accept that if he brings us a coupe of trophys while he is here.

I'm not sure yet how I feel about Mourinho's appointment. I'm still sad that Poch was let go, but there was obviously more to it than just results and if Levy didn't have faith that Poch could turn things around then I guess he had to be brave (the irony of that) and make the call.

I find it hard to warm to Mourinho nowadays. I don't like him publically dissing his players, I didn't like the way he treated the physio at Cheatski.
But he has a proven track record and I think the players will respond well to him, which is what matters really.
I am looking forward to see where we go from here, and my ambivalence about Mourinho himself won't stop me supporting him.

One thing I am sure we will now have - and which I think we do need to some degree - is a manager who will be more vocal about bad officiating decisions. He doesn't accept underperformance from his players, and he won't from the officials either.

I think you have described many peoples feeling here!
Spurs success is what is important nothing else!

Another 24 hours and i am really getting excited about what Jose is going to do for us, can not understand the anticipation that has overtaken me since the news of his appointment. I loved Poch and would have loved to see him given more time and when i heard the news i was not only gutted but sad as well.

Since then seeing Jose speak like he did yesterday, the twinkle is back in his eyes ( which he seemed to have lost at Utd) and i am full of optimism about what he can/may do here. Said elsewhere that if we had tried to get Jose here a few seasons go we would have been laughed at by the press, the media and other fans and yet he is now our manager ( thanks to the work Poch has done for us).

Unlike most fans i never really felt any hatred for Jose but i could understand those who did not like him, the truth is he is a winner and he has always won things wherever he has been and i can not wait to see our trophy room used again.

Back