• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Jose Mourinho - SACKED

I think Jose could well think 'whats the point in giving Eriksen a chance, you're not on board, you're soon gone, you're not in my thoughts'

I would suspect he will run them through training, take a look at attitude there, then have a conversation

- First question is does Jose want them?
- If he does, he needs to sit with the group, Eriksen, Toby, probably Jan as well
- Are you willing to commit to Spurs?

If Eriksen, Toby, Jan are all willing to sign extensions to their contracts, why not? if they aren't, then there is no point of him including them in anything as he's building a future side.

It may actually give both Eriksen and Toby an out of the corner they painted themselves into expecting other clubs to come knocking that never happened.

If I had to make a bet, we keep Jan and Toby (1 or 2 year extensions), Rose & Eriksen go.

I won’t lie I already feel the hatred from other clubs much more now that we have him.

It’s only a sign of things to come throughout the season and at every game we play.

Everyone desperately wants to see him fail - particularly at us and Mourinho will want to shove it back down their throats.

Could be a catalyst to create that siege meteorology the forum always talks about that Poch never could.
A fair point. I not cracking though.

I'm coming round to embracing this appointment, the best decisions made in life are also the hardest, yes Poch took us to the pinnacle of club football but like Jol, that was his ceiling. 11 years + without a trophy is ridiculous, I don't want to go out in yet another semi-final and if we don't play in the Tottenham way but if we get results and win, I'll have it. Pochettino may have managed at some lesser clubs but his lack of success was telling, cream always rises to the top, he's just not a winner whereas Jose was a European champion at Porto no less. Are we getting him past his prime? Possibly. Will the players respect him and play for him unequivocally? Absolutely no doubt, The lack of support for pochettino from our players in the last day has been DEAFENING. Mark my words, you'll see a different tottenham play at the athletics stadium Saturday, I'm cautiously optimistic about tottenham, the right things have been said in the last few days, I like the backroom team, mr.sacramento (where I go to work every day;)) and the way this has been handled so far.
COYS

One other benefit is the increase in fanbase and commercial activity that Mourinho will and is bringing. I have pals who follow this guy anywhere. I recall from Hoddle to Santini to Jol to Ramos to Redknapp to AVB to Sherwood to Pochettino to Mourinho. The closest to me in terms of winning mentality was Juande Ramos. I am still bewildered at how Ramos didn't work out.

This remains strange, not as much the decision just the emotions connected to having Mourinho as our manager.

I can understand the decision, though he wasn't my first choice. There's a great manager in him, question is if he can find some way to get back to his best and also update himself a bit. Perhaps some time away from the limelight will have done him some good.

Just want the football to get going now. Let him show what he can do. He finds himself in a good position now I think.

I love Poch and what he has done for us. However, over the last few months i had become frustrated and disillusioned with football. For my own mental health I try to avoid too much negativity (it sometimes takes its toll on me), so I exiled myself from here for a while - I am more a reader than a poster.

Unfortunately something needed to change. The club I love was beginning to drain me. I stopped enjoying my football.

This morning I have sat for 2 hours reading as much around Jose appointment as I could find.

What’s my conclusion?

I am genuinely excited for the future. I now feel that this is the best thing that could have happened to our club. For the first time in months I am looking forward to watching my team play.

COYS!

PS. Thank you Poch x

Frankly, the end of your post perfectly illustrates my point.
You made a ridiculous, and pathetic, leap that maybe people that he has worked with for years don't want to work with him - purely because you don't like him. It's boring.
And frankly, it looks as though people who work with him go on to do pretty well - we even hired one of them.

You're talking about avb I take it, the guy who some say stabbed Jose in the back at Chelsea, that him and Jose didn't speak to each other for years, the one we sacked and replaced with Tim sherwood, the avb that is now racing cars the last time I heard.
That's who you use to make a point and I'm taking leap?
Jose Mourinho is a hugely divisive and controversial figure, can I say that, or is that taking a leap?

Back