• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Christian Eriksen

Watch him absolutely embarrass Ireland tonight on Sky playing against Stevens, McGoldrick, Egan and Robinson that looked so good for Sheffield United.
Thats because as a group we suck. I didn't watch the game but as a minimum I expect Denmark to be solid and organised and then Eriksen can work from that. At Spurs the baggage is too much.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Fapatalk

Thats because as a group we suck. I didn't watch the game but as a minimum I expect Denmark to be solid and organised and then Eriksen can work from that. At Spurs the baggage is too much.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Fapatalk
Oh what it is to be a Spurs fan and wallow in all the negatives. :D

Because he’ll earn a lot more this Summer on a free (and be free to sign that deal in Jan).
Don't know about Atletico but United would have paid him plenty regardless. They'd have needed to induce him to come to a non-CL club.

Come next summer Eriksen will be 28 so they'll have missed out a year of him supposedly at his prime. :eek:

Watch him absolutely embarrass Ireland tonight on Sky playing against Stevens, McGoldrick, Egan and Robinson that looked so good for Sheffield United.

Sorry mate, what channel was that on? I saw there Danes huff and puff their way to a draw with Eire. Was Eriksen playing elsewhere?

Sorry mate, what channel was that on? I saw there Danes huff and puff their way to a draw with Eire. Was Eriksen playing elsewhere?

Yeah Ireland turned up for once. Denmark definitely played for a draw.
Don't use Eire please unless you want to appear to Irish people as a full "I want to go back to the 50s" brexit nutter.

Yeah Ireland turned up for once. Denmark definitely played for a draw.
Don't use Eire please unless you want to appear to Irish people as a full "I want to go back to the 50s" brexit nutter.

I have to ask, are you Irish? I have citizenship via my Dublin-born mum (I won’t say Mammy!!!), but I take your point,it is certainly a distant term... I actually love the word Eire as it is Gaelic, but given that I don’t speak Gaelic and am not in my 70s, you make a good case.

I have to ask, are you Irish? I have citizenship via my Dublin-born mum (I won’t say Mammy!!!), but I take your point,it is certainly a distant term... I actually love the word Eire as it is Gaelic, but given that I don’t speak Gaelic and am not in my 70s, you make a good case.

Yes. No one uses it in Ireland now. Because of how it has been used by England. From wiki

Initially after 1937 the United Kingdom insisted on using only the name "Eire" and refused to accept the name "Ireland". It adopted the Eire (Confirmation of Agreements) Act 1938 putting in law that position. At the 1948 Summer Olympics in London the organisers insisted that the Irish team march under the banner "Eire" notwithstanding that every other team was marching according to what their name was in English.[6] The UK Government used what some Irish politicians stated were "sneering titles such as Eirish".[7] The UK Government would refer to "Eire Ministers" and the "Eireann Army" and generally avoid all reference to "Ireland" in connection with the state. The Ireland Act 1949 changed this to "Republic of Ireland". It was not until after the 1998 Good Friday Agreement that the UK government accepted the preferred name of simply "Ireland"

Also Gaelic is a family of languages. We call it Irish or in Irish it's Gaeilge.

Yes. No one uses it in Ireland now. Because of how it has been used by England. From wiki

Initially after 1937 the United Kingdom insisted on using only the name "Eire" and refused to accept the name "Ireland". It adopted the Eire (Confirmation of Agreements) Act 1938 putting in law that position. At the 1948 Summer Olympics in London the organisers insisted that the Irish team march under the banner "Eire" notwithstanding that every other team was marching according to what their name was in English.[6] The UK Government used what some Irish politicians stated were "sneering titles such as Eirish".[7] The UK Government would refer to "Eire Ministers" and the "Eireann Army" and generally avoid all reference to "Ireland" in connection with the state. The Ireland Act 1949 changed this to "Republic of Ireland". It was not until after the 1998 Good Friday Agreement that the UK government accepted the preferred name of simply "Ireland"

Also Gaelic is a family of languages. We call it Irish or in Irish it's Gaeilge.

No, I get that. Sadly. And in all honesty, given that I am English-born, my Mum moved to London before I was born, that all lines up to make sense. Apologies for any insult there, not my intention (especially as a citizen!!!!)...

Ahem. Ba chóir duit Éire a scríobh. Otherwise, it looks like "Error". :D

Last edited:
Back