• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

The diamond has played a massive part in this sacking imo.

That absurd system escalated and bought to the fore player issues, poch’s own personal mental tiredness issues and in turn would have led to a strain with Levy.

I warned long and hard that there would be consequences with that system - indirect yes but a major contributor nonetheless as it has cost us at least 10 points across the PL and CL.

Mate, no use pointing fingers. If I wanted to do that, I would use the fudging barren penny-pinching failure that was summer 2018 and January 2019, two empty transfer windows that set our squad evolution and progression back to the extent that they have cost us our coach, leader and talisman now.

Let's just remember the good times today evening. I fully agree that we should get behind the new guy, whomever it may be - but there will be time for that tomorrow.

Cannot help feeling the CL final defeat was what really finished Poch with us. The frustration would have been enormous. Then to start all over again from the foot of the mountain, grappling with half a squad that wanted to be elsewhere, with hindsight it was always going to be too much.

Football can be so cruel.

If (IF) true then I'm done with him.
Doesn't sound like something I would expect from him though.
I really cannot see that being the case. Why would the club request him to resign? He was sacked for poor results pure and simple I don't see anything more complicated.

Hopefully Jose strides straight up to the lads in the training ground and says the following...

‘right ya bunch a Cnuts...throw all your medals in the bin...oh hang on a minute’

‘Dele ffs pay attention, Bow down you sh-it’s I am the special one!

The thing about that, Clough was right.

The thing about that, Clough was right.

not sure clough could handle the modern player...what a guy though!

If it’s Jose and Levy, it’s either gonna be the most amazing tantric nookie that sends you out of this stratosphere, or as bad as a lost turkey who while trying to search for shelter, finds himself in Bernard Matthews shed.

Nigey, I always enjoyed your posts and found some of them laugh out loud. I will also never deny someone the opportunity to voice an opinion even one I so vehemently disagreed with. However I will never change my opinion, that you were bang out of order with some of your criticisms of the man. You have nailed your colours very firmly to the anti Poch mast. I hope you have got this one right.

I think this is a very fair appraisal and suspect Nigey would agree. Nigey - you did nail your colours hard and you were vociferous, prompting vociferous responses at times with me being a prime example. The nature of debate I suppose. I agree that now it has happened we all need to move on, but I will find it very difficult simply due to the long-term damage I believe has been done; now there’s something I hope I am very wrong about!!!!

'Page not found' ... so I googled it.

Here you go:

Tottenham legend Ossie Ardiles has paid tribute to countryman Mauricio Pochettino after he was sacked by the club, declaring: “He put us in the elite of world football”.

Pochettino’s five-year tenure came to an end on Tuesday night, when a statement from chairman Daniel Levy confirmed his departure.

The shock decision comes off the back of a poor start to the domestic season, but less than six months after Pochettino guided Spurs to their first ever Champions League final.

"One glorious chapter in our club history has come to an end today,” Ardiles wrote on Twitter. “From my part I would like to say a big, big thank you to Mauricio for everything he has done for our club. These 5 years have been a rollercoaster of a ride.

"In extremely difficult circumstances, leaving our beloved White Hart Lane - who can forget The Finale? - playing at Wembley, etc., Mauricio put us in the elite of world football. We owe him so many memories. Where to start? With him we learned to ‘believe’. Everybody at Spurs owe him so much.

"It was such a pleasure to arrive in the training ground and witness the camaraderie, the atmosphere there. From everybody. From my personal point of view, life gave me a wonderful present. Unique. His friendship. The friendship of a wonderful, principled man that would last forever.

"Mauricio, my friend, have a very good and deserved rest and come back to football (football needs people like you) revitalised, refresh. And, of course, we meet again... On behalf of everybody at Spurs (and I know I talk for everybody)... THANK YOU!!!! And of course, COYS!!!!"

It absolutely is.

The very worst thing one can do when trying to tame data is to somehow attempt to balance or even things by taking equally from the top and the bottom.

Outliers are outliers. If you're removing them then you remove them regardless of which side of the middle they fall. If all the low numbers clump together and there's one really high number, you clip the high one. You don't arbitrarily pick a low one too for balance.

Sauce: 5 years of working as a DBA for a statistical analysis business.

Yes. Random isn't signed.

Ossie got it spot on that Poch got us in football's elite. With hindsight it is a shame he didn't leave in the summer, but today's decision is the right one. No-one expected anything on Saturday but with a new coach -who knows?

But in this case the greater outlier is the last year as opposed to the year removed.

*edit... you were a DBA? Poor you!
Not if you apply a trend line to them all (admittedly, small data set).

I was, wouldn't ever do that again - nowhere near enough money for the work.

I once had a general manager that kept telling me in every meeting that he needed more staff to meet production targets and that was the only way to do so.

His replacement is doing a fine job.

Ah, but then there's another (probably equally likely) scenario whereby your old GM was quite right, and you ignored him because what he was telling you was the WRONG ANSWER, and you're now sitting outside Moorgate tube, collecting coins in a paper cup. "Can you spare some change, mudshark?" you importune me. "I'm not sure, scara, my life isn't over yet," I reply.

Back