• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Daniel Levy - Chairman

He has always stated that if players are on two years or less and not signing mew deals then the club cannot a situation where they go for free, he seemeded to have learnt from Campbell.

Either way, the has needed strengthening and mot a great deal has happened in that regard. He sanctions the moves, just like Jack Clarke.

Yes, ultimately it is down to the players but his tactic which he was lauded for 3 years ago has now really bitten him on the bum.

From a business position Levy's stance is fair enough; i have issue with this "only buying x player if we have space" thing because it's better to have slightly too many players to keep your league performance levels up than take a chance by not strengthening when it's needed and when it would give time to ease others out of being so important with a smoother transition. Plus healthy competition for squad places is not a bad thing

Son is not a number 9 imo; he works best when there is a number 9 to take away defenders and allow him to ghost in from the wings, shoot from range etc.
He is not really a Kane back-up imo.

Someone like Martial would have more of the skillset to play as a Kane back-up imo. Not someone like Dybala.

Martials skillset is actually rather similar to Sons.

And its really not theory, when Kane has been injured Son has been the preferred and most successful choice to play up front.

As cover for Kane, he is the best we have, even if he is better coming off of the left ordinarily.

Martials skillset is actually rather similar to Sons.

And its really not theory, when Kane has been injured Son has been the preferred and most successful choice to play up front.

As cover for Kane, he is the best we have, even if he is better coming off of the left ordinarily.

Son is the best we have i agree. Doesn't mean he is actually a good (enough) back-up though.

I think Martial is stronger than Son and i think would be even better in that middle area where number 9s tend to have to operate.

Son is the best we have i agree. Doesn't mean he is actually a good (enough) back-up though

I think he has proven he is.

And lets be honest, we buy a striker - the guys never actually going to play (ala Llorente).

Much better to have someone like Son, who is versatile, so he will always be close to form should he need to play up front.

And it leaves room for someone like Parrott to come through too.

You obviously feel differently, but from my point of view I really think this is storm in a teacup stuff. There are issues with the squad, cover for Kane is the least of them.

[
I think he has proven he is.

And lets be honest, we buy a striker - the guys never actually going to play (ala Llorente).

Much better to have someone like Son, who is versatile, so he will always be close to form should he need to play up front.

And it leaves room for someone like Parrott to come through too.

You obviously feel differently, but from my point of view I really think this is storm in a teacup stuff. There are issues with the squad, cover for Kane is the least of them.

Agreed. Especially with regards to Parrott, who should hopefully start getting more minutes.

Seen a lot of people blaming Levy for Spurs' current form.

Let's not forget Poch spent £350million on 41 players... A lot of history rewriting going on!

Less than 10m a player? Over 5 seasons whilst mostly getting 2nd/3rd/4th(?) choice options?

The problem is/was not the spend, it was the success rate, way too much of the side is pre-Poch

And outside of the first two seasons of player progression, the development of players and youth integration has stalled.

There is no doubt the squad needs spend, the doubt (that obviously played a part) was it likely to be more successful with Poch or someone else?

The problem is/was not the spend, it was the success rate, way too much of the side is pre-Poch

And outside of the first two seasons of player progression, the development of players and youth integration has stalled.

There is no doubt the squad needs spend, the doubt (that obviously played a part) was it likely to be more successful with Poch or someone else?

Success rate at an average spend that low is always likely to be more miss than hit.

That's the only point i was making

I also think DL has pulled the trigger on Poch to break ties with players that haven’t gone along with being sold. This isn’t the sole reason, results of course in the league, but I’m thinking an overall business plan.

Back