• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

I fear for the youth if Jose comes in, we need someone who is going to bring up the likes of Parrot, Sessegnon etc.

I am very sad for Mauricio and wish he'd been given until the end of the season. I do understand Levy's position and it's not a weak argument for letting Poch go.
I am probably coloured by sentimentality, the memory of the most successful manager of the team I love and the proximity of us having reached the Champions League final under him.

Mourinho would be a disastrous appointment. Two years of chaos and destruction.

We need another young manager with a long term view to continue building our culture and standards.

Nagelsmann (bringing Werner, Brandt, Havertz) for 5+ years is about the only idea I can stomach at this point.

Ah if Carlsberg did April fools!!

still amazes me how people demand loyalty (Eriksen) etc but show none to the manager in the only tough period he has had in 5 years considering the constraints as well.

I just hope the new guy does well in their first few games, crowd will be all over him and the board otherwise.

I am surprised that so many posters on this forum say they are surprised....

....When you consider we have a thread called “next Spurs manager?” running for 46 pages and open since September!

You make a very fair point. I think for me personally, I genuinely thought there was a bigger vision and realization at the top level. But I suppose the phrase "football is a results business" stands firm.

It is hard for me to separate the storm from the decision though, and I think one helped seal the other. Modern world. Media talks. Social media too.

As is I suppose...but yes, you make a fair point, especially in the case of people like me.

Mourinho would be a disastrous appointment. Two years of chaos and destruction.

We need another young manager with a long term view to continue building our culture and standards.

Nagelsmann (bringing Werner, Brandt, Havertz) for 5+ years is about the only idea I can stomach at this point.
Levy is £12m down on this manager swap so far - and hasn’t got a manager. Much as I love what you’ve suggested (fap fap fap!) I cannot see him wanted to rinse the kitty even more to buy a manager out of a contract.

Jose is on a free. Levy will balance out the debit on this situation and will see Jose as good business. IMHO anyway.

fudging hell.

We will be fine. Levy is a smart dude, of that I have no doubt.

But wow. Poch sticks with us through no signings. Through no stadium. He gives us the best Spurs memories in decades, and this is the thanks? The need to give it the ‘domestic results weren’t up to scratch?’ fudge you Levy. THAT is the bit that is needless for me. I’ve rarely been as disappointed with him.

it was collective success, and a collective dip. That Levy has put the entire thing on Poch to save his own rep is fudging low. There was no need. For someone that has done what Poch has done for us, do things with a bit of class. Do it differently. Don’t justify what no one needs to hear, when the man was the one for 2 years calling for the transition.

Dark day. Have never been as disappointed with Levy. We will be fine, but I guess this is what being a big club with big ambition is all about. @Raziel was right - we don’t want to let a season go to waste.

I would have loved for us to do things differently, but there is also some comfort in that Poch will be fine. And it will be so very sexy to see him rock up at a club bigger than ours. We will deserve that.

fudge.

Unfortunately, inevitable from the moment we lost 7-2 to Bayern. If you work for organizations where the pressure to perform every year, every quarter is relentless, you could have seen it coming a while ago (regardless of if you believe it is right or wrong)

Lots of emotion in this thread and people are entitled to their opinions, chance to vent, etc.

Thanks to Poch and best of success wherever he goes, lets leave the replacement speculation to other thread.

Just seen the news. I feel gutted, sick and very saddened.
I honestly thought Levy would give Poch the season, as long as Poch wanted to be here. I can only think it’s come to this because Levy and Poch couldn’t agree on what is needed for the transition, rather than purely on current form/results.
It feels short sighted.
I hope Levy has a good plan up his sleeve.

When Jol was sacked, something in me died, and my relationship with the club and with football was never the same.

I feel worse today - immeasurably f.ucking so. And nothing about this club will feel quite the same to me again.

A dream died today, and a good man was pushed onto his sword because of people above him deciding he wasn't worth the effort. After five long years where he believed we *were* worth the effort, when the biggest clubs in the world meant nothing to him because he had given us his word.

In the end, we pushed him out, after five years where he stayed despite everyone in football clinging at him, trying to pull him away from us.

So, as with that haunting evening in 2007 when we let another good man go... au revoir to our manager and our leader. The man who deserved better.

Au revoir, Mauricio Pochettino.

Tottenham loves you more than you will ever f.ucking know.

The diamond has played a massive part in this sacking imo.

That absurd system escalated and brought to the fore player issues, poch’s own personal mental tiredness issues and in turn would have led to a strain with Levy.

I warned long and hard that there would be consequences with that system - indirect yes but a major contributor nonetheless as it has cost us at least 10 points across the PL and CL.

If Mourinho comes I am expecting him to achieve a 5th place finish, CL semi final and win the fa cup.

Poch should take a sabbatical now - he both looks like he needs it and certainly deserves a well earned rest.

We all should love him but we must now get behind the new man, even if thats the marmite figure of Mourinho.

Get behind him, if it doesnt work we can simply sack him - COYS

Only just heard.

thank you poch for some wonderful memories and performances, sorry you couldn’t win us a trophy.

Onwards now, this needed to happen. Relieved for both.

I hope we make a good appointment.

Fair play man, you called this earlier than the rest of us and when it was very, very hard to articulate the things you were thinking because of the euphoria around the CL run.

I'm sure you're not taking any pleasure from this but your posts from April/May are a very good example of why people should be encouraged to articulate their thoughts, no matter how much they run against the grain, as long as they do so respectfully.

Back