• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

I love Poch and will always appreciate him, but it did feel like the end of the cycle.

Feels like it's going to be Jose. And if it is, however you slice it, we've NEVER had a manager as successful and accomplished as him. His players seem to love him, and with the right backing (which would be a pre-requisite for Jose), I think he can deliver the trophies that Poch couldn't quite.

Poch elevated us and changed our perception around the world — just as we did for his. I'm hopeful — like Klopp with BVB — that we can be a springboard for greater (hopefully non-English) success for Poch and that his work has cemented us as a top-tier team that we can enjoy for years to come. There will never be another Poch, and I'm hopeful his incredible work with continue to reverberate around our club for many years to come.

Absolutely gutted but I feel it's the correct decision and there is more behind this than results. Don't condemn Levy. Perhaps the players, or some players weren't happy, perhaps Poch was behaving in a way that wasn't acceptable, perhaps Poch had a go at Levy. Any number of things could have happened. Whatever it was, we clearly weren't a happy camp this year. Something had to give.

12 months ago, I panicked when Poch was linked with United. Proper fudging worried. But now, I don't feel an ounce of that panic. That's how far we've fallen and how bad the last 12 months has been. I am forever grateful to Poch for what he gave us. Brilliant football, great results, consistency. Real, real pride at being a Spurs fan. Not just a top 4 team - we challenged for the big trophies. For so long he was a class act and was almost everything you'd want in a Spurs manager.

He won nowt though. And while that doesn't make his time here any less successful, it also rubbishes the "we weren't good enough for him" school of thought. We're Tottenham fudging Hotspur. We've won trophies regularly for decades and Poch couldn't add to that. He got bloody close and close to some big ones. But he won nothing.

It's a desperately sad day. I loved him and I love him. And I love what he did here. But I fudging trust Levy 400%. I hated what he did to Jol, I hated what he did to Harry. But we came out the other side stronger than ever (eventually). We will again. This is a dark, dark day but there will be bright ones ahead.

This negates any need for me to post on this thread. Anyone who is doing a kind of fist pump to celebrate him going will be completely out of order and completely lacking respect of what he has done for the club. On the other hand, anyone slagging Levy off is barking up the wrong tree in my opinion; did it really feel like anything was going to change?

I just hope Poch goes to PSG rather than taking on Utd, I don't want to see United do well and I also would not want to see him fail so it'd be a lose lose situation if/ when it develops...

Why would it?

Levy hasn’t made this decision for personal reasons, he’s concluded the club would be better off with someone else, he might be wrong about that, but he’s just doing his job.

All personnel decisions are personal, ultimately. And this is likely to be exposed as a bad one long before Poch pops up at the Lane.

All personnel decisions are personal, ultimately. And this is likely to be exposed as a bad one long before Poch pops up at the Lane.

The point is Levy didn't make this because he doesn't like Poch or wants to see him fail in the future. I'm betting that if Poch does well in the future, as long as it's not at our expense, Levy will be happy for him.

Pep left Barca, then had time off before his next job because he was knackered. Ditto Klopp before Liverpool.

If Poch felt this way in the summer he should have left, had a break and then gone for one of these 'new challenges' he was talking about.

Back