• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

Very sorry to see Poch go, but I can see why Levy did it. Results and performances have been well under par for the best part of a year, and there has been little noticable improvement. This, which ever way you see it, is the responsibility of the manager.

I wish it hadn't come to this, but one thing is certain: Levy has this club's best interest at heart, and he's shown it for two decades. If he thinks this is the best way forward for Spurs, I trust his decision and hope he can keep us improving.

Do you honestly think we will get top 4 this year!? That’s gone imo which is why I would have let Poch have the season to finalise the clear out.

depends who we hire, but I do honestly think we have the most talented collection of players in the clubs history which is at the very worst the 3rd best in the division, by acting now Levy has at least given us a chance

£18 million net spend a season is all that Poch had to spend in his time at Spurs....
Steff, I think you're a great poster and I love your optimism but this is out of order.

Levy has done a lot for our club. This will have been a very, very tough decision for him and one he won't have taken lightly. I've no doubt there is stuff going on we aren't aware of. To abuse the man like this and take exception to others doing likewise about Poch is a bit hypocritical.

I've no problem with people criticising Doctor Evil but this sort of abuse is uncalled for.
if this next appointment doesn’t go well I can see things getting a bit uncomfortable for Danny.

My summary.

Levy has done some good things and some bad things.

Poch did some good things but also some bad things.

The players seem to mostly this year have done bad things.

It seems the bad things all combined this year and the outcome was unfortunately inevitable.

The whole thing seems buggered and just needs a refresh. Although the risk is that a refresh might be worse than things were.

We shall see.

TalkSPORT now saying they have heard form sources that “Mourinho has been sounded out by Tottenham”.

Strange term to use.

£18 million net spend a season is all that Poch had to spend in his time at Spurs....

if this next appointment doesn’t go well I can see things getting a bit uncomfortable for Danny.

It might not. Ramos was terrible after BMJ. AVB was dogbrick after Harry. But Levy will get things right. I've no doubt.

I see all the experts are out reciting the same brick every time a manager gets sacked. "Spurs won't get a manager who achieved what Poch did". Well lads, I hate to tell you, Poch wasn't going to achieve what Poch achieved over the last 4 years. It's sad but it's a tough decision that had to be made and we have a chairman who isn't afraid to make tough decisions.

Why because I have a difference of opinion to you?

I get the whole hero worship thing, many do it with musicians and some with politicians but it was never for me. He did not want to be here so as a club something I care passionately about he can fcuk off somewhere else I'm not interested in the moody sod. I tolerate it when the results are good but not the rest of the time.

No, because you waded in two-footed. It's alright darling, Im not a "snowflake" and have no problem standing up for myself. I'm surprised you even give a fudge what I have to say given your opinion.

Because you were so disrespectful of the probably the best manager that we've had since birkinshaw. It's not hard to understand.
He has to earn respect and our form since Jan coupled with his tactical ineptitude and lack of silverware doesn't warrant that.

BTW I think spelling Burkinshaw's name wrong is highly disrespectful.

Back