• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Danny Rose

He gets 18 more months on a lucrative contract with us and then goes off to China or the MLS (they’ll take anyone) to feather his pension nest egg with a few more millions - and get to experience a new culture and lifestyle.

Sounds okay to me.
What about the moving back 'north'??

Unless North America counts?

hmmm, maybe. Maybe there is something in the idea that Poch will have moved on full backs sooner because of their shorter shelf life in his system. But Toby also isn’t getting a contract and we’re not pushing the boat out to keep him. So it’s not a fullback thing. I think these players really ‘let the club down’ to an extent, failed to trust in us and asked for too much too soon, and created / found themselves in a tough situation.

there’s no reason Toby couldn’t have been our Terry, Rose our Azplicueta.
Rose had his head turned by Walkers pay rise and his recent quote is ‘you know what happens to players over 30 here...’it’s gone from not being being paid what I’m worth to not being offered a deal at all. In the time since Walker left it’s hard to think of him having the same suitors he had at that time so he may have now decided he’d rather stay here on a lower wage and play at a higher level before getting the wage boost / signing on fee for joining a club on a free.
Toby was a shame, the release clause may have been a deal breaker for what was a bargain fee at the time and probably something Southampton would have happily matched. He must have a suitor lined up as I can’t believe half the league didn’t offer the 25m, I really hope it’s Ajax and he’s using the free to enable them to get somewhere close to the wages he would have got in the prem.
jan’s the one that frustrates me, he has shown none of the physical decline of the other two and until this season had only been making noises about wanting to sign on. If we’ve not offered him a deal based on his age then we’ve made a massive mistake imo. He’d still be streets streets ahead of Foyth and Sanchez, knows the club and is showing less fitness issues than Lamela has before he was given a new deal.

Last edited:
Rose had his head turned by Walkers pay rise and his recent quote is ‘you know what happens to players over 30 here...’it’s gone from not being being paid what I’m worth to not being offered a deal at all. In the time since Walker left it’s hard to think of him having the same suitors he had at that time so he may have now decided he’d rather stay here on a lower wage and play at a higher level before getting the wage boost / signing on fee for joining a club on a free.
Toby was a shame, the release clause may have been a deal breaker for what was a bargain fee at the time and probably something Southampton would have happily matched. He must have a suitor lined up as I can’t believe half the league didn’t offer the 25m, I really hope it’s Ajax and he’s using the free to enable them to get somewhere close to the wages he would have got in the prem.
jan’s the one that frustrates me, he has shown none of the physical decline of the other two and until this season had only been making noises about wanting to sign on. If we’ve not offered him a deal based on his age then we’ve made a massive mistake imo. He’d still be streets streets ahead of Foyth and Sanchez, knows the club and is showing less fitness issues than Lamela has before he was given a new deal.

Personally, I disagree on Jan. The years are showing for me. He looks slower and against RSB at home, he gave the ball away in a couple of very dangerous situations. He's still one of our better defenders but he's not the player he was a few seasons ago.

Have to agree about Jan, he is head and shoulders our best centre back and i really hope we keep him around for a few more years.

You're only worth what someone is willing to pay you.
As we have four players who now think they are worth more than we are paying them but can't get moves it would indicate that our valuation of them is closer to reality than theirs.

I see what you did there. What other clubs might be willing to pay them, and what they'd be willing to pay for them when they're nearly out of contract are two separate things.

I see what you did there. What other clubs might be willing to pay them, and what they'd be willing to pay for them when they're nearly out of contract are two separate things.

Please explain what I've done.
Your original post which I've quoted clearly states Danny Rose is moaning we aren't paying enough.
As I've then pointed out his valuation of his worth doesn't stack up with other clubs as none are willing to pay him what he wants.
If they are prepared to wait 2 years to get him for free is immaterial as he will not be the same commodity then. At his age he will be a lesser player.

Your original post which I've quoted clearly states Danny Rose is moaning we aren't paying enough.
As I've then pointed out his valuation of his worth doesn't stack up with other clubs as none are willing to pay him what he wants.
If they are prepared to wait 2 years to get him for free is immaterial as he will not be the same commodity then. At his age he will be a lesser player.
I’m sure Danny Rose could double his weekly wage if his transfer fee was set at (say) £10 million.

You're saying the fact four players (not just Rose) haven't moved for a fee means other clubs wouldn't be paying them any higher wages. I'm suggesting that doesn't equate. And I agree with FiB, I think Rose would find himself a lot better paid elsewhere if he were cheap enough (never mind on a free like the others will be). I wasn't having a pop, by the way.

Last edited:
We could loan him there for a year...

That actually sounds like a good idea. The same could be said with all the want away players, as it gets them out of the club without risking their free deal in the summer. Of course none of the fudgers would consent to it.

I’m sure Danny Rose could double his weekly wage if his transfer fee was set at (say) £10 million.
I'm not so sure of that, who is going to pay him 120k a week? The club's who could pay a LB that much won't be interested and the teams who would be interested I doubt can pay a LB 120k per week. [emoji848]

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Fapatalk

If its a choice of "go, or just sit in the U18s for the rest of your contract" I think they would.

If its the current "please go, but if you dont - its ok - you can still be in the first team!" then of course they wouldnt.
This is where we've been way too fudging soft on them.

There's no point having a rule that players can't run down their contracts to less than two years without an "or else"

What I find funny is that no one at the club seems to want him gone.... just some fans

just because we’re or offering a new contact to him doesn’t mean we want rid. It may be that his age and timing may be against him and we expect sessegnon to take over by then

Rose single handedly forced Poch out.

Levy had to sack Poch to sell Rose

"In January, you're probably going to hear something [about my future]. I'm telling you right now that I'm not going anywhere until my contract is finished.

"Daniel Levy told me in the summer there was no new contract for me at Tottenham, which is fine. I respect that. We move on.

"My contract is up in 18 months' time and I'll leave the football club then. People [in the media] can save their time trying to get stuff ready for January about me being sold.

"Because I can tell you now: it ain't happening. I know what people were trying to do in the summer... There were no bids — that was rubbish."

"When the manager stops calling me into his office, stops giving me advice, that's when I'll think it's time to leave Tottenham,"

"But until then, I'm not going anywhere. I'm lucky to have a manager at Tottenham who, from the first day we met, has always stuck by me, regardless of anything, regardless of the rubbish in the media about me being sold or not part of his plans — all that nonsense."

Back