• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

they have to earn it too

their not being under paid

maybe some others are being over paid

you can’t argue I want parity with VVD... he has just won the CL, the European player of the season and has dragged his team form also rans to title certs... what have you done Toby? I’ve got a new tattoo and slick slick hair

Who is eriksens peer? Arguably de Bruyne who is comfortably better and turns up when it matters
I think Eriksen certainly earned a big contract increase as a player consistently in the top 2 or 3 for creativity in the PL but not even in the top 50 highest paid.

I think Eriksen certainly earned a big contract increase as a player consistently in the top 2 or 3 for creativity in the PL but not even in the top 50 highest paid.

but we offered him that and he has turned it down
Then when we have the crunch games he doesn’t turn up

just because brick players are getting over paid it doesn’t mean we should do it

Whoever advised Alderweireld at that time has cost him a hell of a lot of money, (10m by my reckoning if 130k is correct) and he's not likely to make that back with his next contract either. He got greedy and missed out on a huge wedge as a result, quite fitting really

There's no such thing as a market rate with player wages anyway, not when there is such a disparity in what clubs are able to pay players at the top end of the game.

It seems quite naive TBH
He may however get a big signing on fee at Ajax but it won’t compensate for all the loss in earnings

Thing is with the contracts is they sign them for 5 years, so the club is effectively guaranteeing them the whole sun just for turning up for training. So it seems a case they are happy to lock in the club for that sum but then want to renegotiate half way through. No one takes a paycut halfway through if they are brick though.
I have no issue with players running down their contracts as long as they continue to do their best for the club whilst they are being paid to. The annoying thing is we were diligent in extending the key players when we were on the up but the even more ridiculous sums being offered by the doped clubs has turned their heads even when we have CL football.

they have to earn it too

their not being under paid

maybe some others are being over paid

you can’t argue I want parity with VVD... he has just won the CL, the European player of the season and has dragged his team form also rans to title certs... what have you done Toby? I’ve got a new tattoo and slick slick hair

Who is eriksens peer? Arguably de Bruyne who is comfortably better and turns up when it matters
Yep, can’t argue with much of that!

It seems quite naive TBH
He may however get a big signing on fee at Ajax but it won’t compensate for all the loss in earnings
If his next destination is based solely on his desire to choose it then you can’t argue with his strategy. I’m sure he’s quite relieved the he didn’t sign with us the state we are in footballing wise right now!

Whoever advised Alderweireld at that time has cost him a hell of a lot of money, (10m by my reckoning if 130k is correct) and he's not likely to make that back with his next contract either. He got greedy and missed out on a huge wedge as a result, quite fitting really

There's no such thing as a market rate with player wages anyway, not when there is such a disparity in what clubs are able to pay players at the top end of the game.
This. Don't try to fudge with Levy.

If his next destination is based solely on his desire to choose it then you can’t argue with his strategy. I’m sure he’s quite relieved the he didn’t sign with us the state we are in footballing wise right now!

But would be 14th if Toby and eriksen played to their potential?

But would be 14th if Toby and eriksen played to their potential?

Surely you can see the players that want to leave argument is nonsense by now.
Neither of these started against Sheffield United and we were outplayed and outthought by a team of Championship players from last season.

The players are sick of Poch. Poch keeps changing the formation and players every game in some blind panic.

Neither of these started against Sheffield United and we were outplayed and outthought by a team of Championship players from last season.

The players are sick of Poch. Poch keeps changing the formation and players every game in some blind panic.

Sheffield are undefeated away from home this season and in the top 5, don't downplay their ability.

Poch picks the team that is best prepared and most fit considering the added workload of CL fixtures, if you don't know this by now you're being deliberately ignorant.

but we offered him that and he has turned it down
Then when we have the crunch games he doesn’t turn up

just because brick players are getting over paid it doesn’t mean we should do it
The murmurs are that he wasn’t offered real serious money until going into that final year of his contract and prior to that the offers made were far less than his worth.

And are you saying that a fully committed and on form Toby and eriksen wouldn't make a difference?

Back