• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

Could not agree more, sadly to say we have fans who fall for it hook line and sinker.

you’ll be especially pumped for our game against the hammers, more so than usual because you know deep down there will be so much riding on it.

It’s one thing to make a case for faith and patience for poch, but quite another to wave away the importance and potential repercussions of our next league game.

Things are obviously not going to plan with our league form, the papers of course come out with bs, yet I’m sure you appreciate their is no smoke without fire, in most instances anyway.

I don’t think it’s as easy as dismissing a large and growing portion of our fanbase being gullible...you know the numbers of fans discontent with our boss is on the rise...you only have to judge the swing on here over the last few months to appreciate that...

Besides that and other differences were all pulling for a win, for a variety of reasons, however we currently feel about poch...

The likes of Dubai someone who disagrees with me gets the magnitude of this game and ‘potential consequences for poch if it goes south...

most of the time I find myself nodding to most of your views, it’s why I specifically asked you a month or so ago whether you felt poch could pull things round...

you said you didn’t know in all honesty which is fair enough, just don’t understand why you dismiss certain things and label some of our fans less than bright, just because they think we’re in a crisis...

cause league form wise bud, we kinda are.

Really?

- We have actually had our best run of consecutive top flight finishes in our history under Levy despite lack of trophies
- Spurs have won the league twice, +14 cups in 137 years, so the myth of Spurs being some regular trophy winning club is flimflam, we have had a couple of good runs but long periods of true mediocrity

Re turnover (trying to dig up actual numbers, hard to find pure details that far back)
- When Levy arrived, Saudi Sportswashing Machine and Leeds were above us in revenue in addition to Pool, Scum, United and we were around 16th in European income rankings
- Since then Chelsea & City joined the doping club league (false financials), we have joined the top 10 in European clubs but more importantly we closed the gap
- As example, the Scum made around 73% more than us then, today that gap is about 3%

You could also dig up all time win records in top flight, when Levy joined us Saudi Sportswashing Machine, Villa, Everton to name a few were above us, and that's the important point. When Levy joined us our rivals were not the top sides, they are now.

Re trophies, it is a black mark but if you look at the amount of Semi and Final appearances under Levy, it's hard to say we didn't have the opportunities (Harry and Poch are the big offenders)

Mate, dislike Levy, make a point that you think he doesn't spend/risk more, but any honest attempt to discredit him with facts will only end one way, he is now easily the best Chairman this club has ever had, and not just for what he has already done, but what his investments in the infrastructure will mean for the club's financial future for next 20-30 years

Agreed re:Levy which makes it all very difficult to properly evaluate. I think Levy has definitely failed to act proportionately in the last two seasons, but if anyone could claim mitigating circumstances then it is him (too). He has done some incredible work. Both men have done incredible work the last five years, the sort of work no-one else has done in the same time-frame in football.

I think Kane's performance yesterday shows that unfortunately the end is nigh...:(

:D:D:D:D
What it shows is that Montenegro are a bit like Grimsby. Come on. If you’re going to judge Kane on that, you’re desperate!

Aside from the brick oppo, the biggest factor last night was he was’t playing to set up Sterling!!!!

It's the kind of brick people who believe in auras and other such nonsense believe.

Nope!
I think vaccinations are vital, I do not have a bowl of lemons, I believe in a person’s energy and I am also empathetic. In a nutshell - I can sense a tosspot in my midst, I will try to give them the benefit of the doubt but if they are a tosspot then they will be treated as such. I do not have measles!!!!

Nope!
I think vaccinations are vital, I do not have a bowl of lemons, I believe in a person’s energy and I am also empathetic. In a nutshell - I can sense a tosspot in my midst, I will try to give them the benefit of the doubt but if they are a tosspot then they will be treated as such. I do not have measles!!!!
Are you saying you believe in auras too?

Are you saying you believe in auras too?

I wrote what I wrote. You extrapolate what you wish.

My “tosspot” analogy is clear. Allow me a Spurs example. Danny Rose. I understand he deals with some issues, and I have empathy for what he deals with. That, however, cannot be allowed to entirely obliterate the fact that he is acting like a tosspot. Even his comments on Southgate being “over-reactionary” to Sterling were unhelpful and wrong. Southgate did exactly the right thing. Sterling would’ve been sent home by some and it would’ve been hard to argue against it given what we know.

The Sun

GAP TO PHIL
Pochettino fuming at Tottenham failure to sign Barcelona outcast Philippe Coutinho in summer transfer window
  • 15 Nov 2019, 0:04
  • Updated: 15 Nov 2019, 1:09
ONE of manager Mauricio Pochettino’s many beefs with Tottenham is their failure to pursue Philippe Coutinho in the summer.

Barcelona, who signed him from Liverpool for well over £100million, were trying to offload the Brazilian forward on loan.

The Spurs boss had first-hand experience of Coutinho because he coached him when he was in charge of Espanyol.

Poch had taken him from Inter Milan in 2012, signing  the player until the end of the season to help them avoid relegation.

And he wanted to sign him again this summer but lost out when Bayern Munich made their move.

Poch has complained endlessly about the need to spend big to bring his V2.0 Spurs up to scratch.

If Coutinho had been signed, he is convinced the rebuild would already be well under way.

Playing under the Argentine in La Liga, Coutinho netted five goals in 16 appearances including a brace in a vital 5-1 win over relegation rivals Rayo Vallecano.

But he hasn't been able to recreate his best form for Bayern - scoring just twice and recently dropped to the bench.

Back in Tottenham, only Harry Kane can boast more than three goals in the league this term.

Pochettino is continuing to rotate between Lucas Moura, Erik Lamela and Christian Eriksen as he struggles to settle on the final piece in his attacking jigsaw.

Curious about pieces like this. Normally Id just write it off as paper BS, and theres every chance it is - but theres also a running theme of pieces drip feeding in at the minute, that makes me wonder if there are people behind it. For example, saw one the other day that stated it would cost £12m to sack Poch - first Id seen such a comment - and a rather specific number. And this is Neil Ashton, not "staff writer", which also makes me wonder.

As I say, entirely likely this is just more nonsense. BUT, given the feeling around the club right now, it kind of feels like the ground work for change...

That's who his new right back was supposed to be then.

not one part of anything I’ve said is pretending things are fine. I’m well aware the performances are terrible and something is clearly wrong. I understand the data.

but my opinion is, something clearly fractured the club. I don’t know exactly what it is, but it is crucial context. You don’t go from transformational manager providing us experiences we never thought we’d see, certainly not this soon and on that budget, to being terrible. It also doesn’t look like Poch has lost the core. What it does look like is that the squad has divided in some way. The data may say we suck, and the usual course of action may be to sack the manager, but I don’t think there is anything usual about what we have done and achieved over the last 2 years, and so the solution may not be usual either.

Or ....an alternative explanation .....Did Poch just "luck out" with an exceptional group of players coming together at their zenith?

His more recent record of not improving current players and poor transfer signings doesn't exactly fill me with too much confidence.

And yet your ginger lover boy came in and immediately did worse....

Did AVB woo you with that same PowerPoint presentation he woo’d Levy with Scara?

I think Scara and Galeforce are clearly the types of people impressed by people who big themselves up and talk a big game but don’t actually deliver any results. It’s just empty words with no substance, just like AVB. When you ask people why he did a good job with us they will say “he’s an intellectual”. There’s no results (other than winning at old Trafford) that people can point to. He finished 5th but people act like he won the league. I also think it’s BECAUSE he followed Redknapp that some are so mesmerised by him.

Or ....an alternative explanation .....Did Poch just "luck out" with an exceptional group of players coming together at their zenith?

His more recent record of not improving current players and poor transfer signings doesn't exactly fill me with too much confidence.

Starting to look like it.

Which is why Levy needs to recreate those conditions for Poch or the next manager. Next time we have a good team, with the increased money from the stadium we can add one or two quality players and pay bigger wages.

I think Scara and Galeforce are clearly the types of people impressed by people who big themselves up and talk a big game but don’t actually deliver any results. It’s just empty words with no substance, just like AVB. When you ask people why he did a good job with us they will say “he’s an intellectual”. There’s no results (other than winning at old Trafford) that people can point to. He finished 5th but people act like he won the league. I also think it’s BECAUSE he followed Redknapp that some are so mesmerised by him.

Brilliant post.

Add to that I know for a fact he was a cry baby who sat in his office instead of doing team meetings at the end. Awful manager and I would think it is obvious that being intelligent has no correlation with being a good football manager.

Back