• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

American politics

This. They've got no legal leg to stand on, so much like the "no collusion" campaign they recently ran so well, this is just a media battle.
Yes. It's a battle of perception and the GOP doesn't have to win it really, just play for a draw. Throw enough chaff in the air and it will confuse the masses.

A US diplomat told lawmakers behind closed doors that he did overhear the July 26 phone conversation between President Trump and Ambassador to the European Union Gordon Sondland, and that on the call Trump asked Sondland if Ukraine was going to do the investigation, according to two sources familiar with the testimony.

Sondland replied that they were going to do it, the sources said.

David Holmes, the counselor for political affairs at the US Embassy in Ukraine, was able to hear the call because Sondland held the phone away from his ear due to how loud Trump was talking, the sources said.

Holmes also confirmed there were others at the table at the restaurant where he heard the call, according to the sources.

https://edition.cnn.com/politics/li...g-11-15-19/h_34db04b99f225b7df850d06f0bce0f03

Who? I´m guessing this fella 1st Lieutenant Clint Lorance
Yes. He is one evil fudger and his war crimes should never have been forgiven, needless to say.

I doubt Trump gives much of a fudge about Lorance, to be honest. This pardon is just conditioning the public for future controversial pardons, like for Roger Stone.

(Edit it's Gallagher I'm thinking about)

Last edited:
Yes. He is one evil fudger and his war crimes should never have been forgiven, needless to say.

I doubt Trump gives much of a fudge about Lorance, to be honest. This pardon is just conditioning the public for future controversial pardons, like for Roger Stone.
What's your understanding of the circumstances he was accused for?

Didn't make the news much here but sounds to me as if he ordered his squad to open fire on a group riding a motorbike towards them and refusing to stop. Not exactly in the rules of engagement but a massive stretch to call it murder.

President Donald Trump wants an impeachment trial to go forward in the U.S. Senate because he would receive due process there and he expects Democratic presidential candidate Joe Biden would be among the witnesses, a White House spokesman said on Thursday.

“President Trump wants to have a trial in the Senate because it’s clearly the only chamber where he can expect fairness and receive due process under the Constitution,” spokesman Hogan Gidley said in a statement.

“We would expect to finally hear from witnesses who actually witnessed, and possibly participated in corruption - like Adam Schiff, Joe Biden, Hunter Biden, and the so-called Whistleblower, to name a few,” Gidley said, referring to House of Representatives Intelligence Committee Chairman Schiff, who is leading an impeachment inquiry into Trump.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...oe-biden-to-testify-white-house-idUSKBN1XW01S

Kick enough dirt, muddy enough water and the details of Trump's misdeeds become blurred. It will become a circus of charades in the Senate and take an inordinately long time to finish. But it might rally any Trump supporters wavering on voting for him in the upcoming election.

Most people have heard enough. Don't impeach. Admit Americans have suffered enough. Leave Trump in office to further soil and sully himself. The real trial will come in the 2020 election and the Republicans will only have their thin excuses to take to voters.

Back