• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Jack Clarke

I do wonder why Poch even rejected him in the first place to be honest.

Even if he wasnt in the thinking for the season it would make a degree of sense to have him with us to assess him/get him acclimated etc before sending him out on loan in perhaps January.

He may even have proven something of an instant hit.

Instead Poch just batted him away instantly it seems.

The Bielsa connection make the claims from that article all the more perplexing too.

The Bielsa connection make the claims from that article all the more perplexing too.
Poch would have factored that it takes 2 years for Clarke to settle into the south of England and be ‘Poch ready’, having made the mighty trip from the north of England.

Upon his return to Leeds, Bielsa (being Poch’s mentor) is now keeping Clarke in the reserves as he feels it will take 12-18 months for him to reacclimatise.... having spent two hours on the train down to St Pancras for a photoshoot, before making the same trip back up to Leeds.

Poch would have factored that it takes 2 years for Clarke to settle into the south of England and be ‘Poch ready’, having made the mighty trip from the north of England.

Upon his return to Leeds, Bielsa (being Poch’s mentor) is now keeping Clarke in the reserves as he feels it will take 12-18 months for him to reacclimatise.... having spent two hours on the train down to St Pancras for a photoshoot, before making the same trip back up to Leeds.
That's 8-12 months for being tainted by a brief brush with The South, and another 4-6 for the photoshoot.

I can't see Bielsa approving of photoshoots. Unless it's of another team's training. From a tree. Does anyone know if Ben still posts here under another name?

Maybe if Poch goes before then he can just come here
https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...ottenham-tension-arsenal-jack-clarke-transfer

"To Daniel Levy, the numbers added up, and to Jack Clarke, the 18-year-old Leeds winger, it was a dream move, the chance to continue his development at Tottenham in the Premier League. Levy had been alerted to Clarke’s potential by statistical analysis of his performances last season and, at a cost of around £10m rising to £11.5m, the Spurs chairman felt it all made sense.

Levy closed the deal at the end of June but there would be one problem: Mauricio Pochettino did not want Clarke in his squad this season. Leeds had asked for a loan-back at the beginning of the negotiations only to be told by Levy there was no chance of it happening. It was never on the table and then, all of a sudden, it was.
Clarke came to London, posed for pictures with the Spurs shirt and headed straight back on the train to Leeds where he is contracted to spend the season on loan. Spurs have a recall option in January."
Usually I am massively against Chairman signing players that their manager’s don’t really want. However I wouldn’t mind us signing 4 or 5 English players of Clarke’s sort of status and sending them all out on loan.

There's your problem. If he came in from Leeds he'll have landed at Kings X and not got a clue. He's gone back to the grander facade (i.e. St Pancras) and disappeared into the ether somewhere between Nottingham and Sheffield or all points North. Hence not playing for Leeds or THFC. He'll be wandering around lost somewhere in Doncaster or Sheffield. Mark my words!

Last edited:
There's your problem. If he came in from Leeds he'll have landed at Kings X and not got a clue. He's gone back to the grander facade (i.e. St Pancras) and disappeared into the ether somewhere between Nottingham and Sheffield or all points North. Hence not playing for Leeds or THFC. He'll be wandering around lost somewhere in Doncaster or Sheffield. Mark my words!

Or even worse he wandered down to Euston and is now in Birmingham.

He’s only 18. He’s probably still at the Harry Potter photo spot in Kings Cross.

He could stand out in our 23s instead?

seems a strange one, perhaps a Levy opportunity signing, but if he’s not playing on loan he might as well not play for us. I’m hoping he will be recalled or sent somewhere else in Jan, perhaps closer to home so he can spend some time with us a day a week?
Can someone enlighten me on his best position? Just to understand who his blockers to our first team would be...

As I understand it he would be competition for Lucas, basically.

Was thinking about it the other day and I reckon he could be a Mourinho type forward, would be interesting to see what Jose makes of him in pre season.

Also - on the close to home front, Fulham or Brentford would be my choice to send him (though no idea if they would be interested!)
Issue with Fulham is they are likely to be competing at the top end of the table so might stick to their experienced players. * just seen Brentford are in the hunt too!!
Millwall or Charlton?! The two teams nearest to me :D

the latter should be getting taken over which will bring back some positivity to the fans and they might be able to stay up without playing agricultural football. Millwall have picked up under Rowett but not sure if he’s changed their direct style though, going there was the making of Harry Kane too!

I'd like to see him come back here for the next 6 months. Jose can have a look at him and see where he can fit the lad in over the next few years and if he doesn't impress then he can go back out on loan next year.

We seem to only have Son and Moura as first team ready wingers with Sessegnon still a way off. No harm in having a homegrown option around the place during these transitional 6 months.

Issue with Fulham is they are likely to be competing at the top end of the table so might stick to their experienced players. * just seen Brentford are in the hunt too!!
Millwall or Charlton?! The two teams nearest to me :D

the latter should be getting taken over which will bring back some positivity to the fans and they might be able to stay up without playing agricultural football. Millwall have picked up under Rowett but not sure if he’s changed their direct style though, going there was the making of Harry Kane too!

My preference for Fulham/Brentford is very much based on style. Good attacking teams that would suit him (Brentford especially*).

Millwall are a work in progress under Rowett, got them playing a bit more football but not considerably so - understandable.

Charlton or Millwall would likely be able to offer him games, so I guess it comes down to whether or not you simply want him playing, or want him playing in a certain sort of side?

I guess either option is better than whats happening at Leeds!

*I really like Brentford and how they play. I think we should set up a partnership with them and send them a lot of our young players.

Brentford's defence gives me ulcers.

I usually watch them on my iPad while also watching us.

All my Grandkids are Brentford season ticket holders.
It was the Brentford Christmas carol service last night, they loved it.
I like the warmth and attitude of The Bees as a club.

Back