• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Danny Rose

This article from Seb Stafford-Bloor sums up the confusion many feel over Danny's pronouncements.
No conclusions, just perplexity as to why.

Extract :
...And to achieve that [wanting to leave and earn more money] he’s willing to sit out the remaining months of a contract which he - apparently - remains insulted by and to spend whatever is left of his prime playing for a team that he wants to leave. And he wants to do that, in part, out of loyalty to Mauricio Pochettino who, by his acknowledgement, has shown great faith in him. A faith, not incidentally, that he's repaying by repeatedly airing these grievances in public and making the atmosphere Pochettino is contending with that much more toxic.

https://www.fourfourtwo.com/feature...nsfer-move-free-breakdown-mauricio-pochettino

I don't think it's all that difficult to understand, personally. For a long time, I've asked myself why it is that so many of our ex-players haven't got a good word to say about the club, probably at least since the Sugar days. Rose has been explicit that he doesn't feel the contract offers made by the club reflect a fair share of the wealth the players have helped to create, and there's obvious resentment at the disparity between that and the enthusiasm to invest in bricks and mortar, which is basically ENIC storing up wealth that they will eventually liquidate for themselves. Players have smelt the coffee and refused to be strung along with contract extensions. Instead, they're taking matters into their own hands, and it would appear that the strength of feeling among some of them is such that they're moved to stick two fingers up in public while they're doing it.

Last edited:
I don't think it's all that difficult to understand, personally. For a long time, I've asked myself why it is that so many of our ex-players haven't got a good word to say about the club, probably at least since the Sugar days. Rose has been explicit that he doesn't feel the contract offers made by the club reflect a fair share of the wealth the players have helped to create, and there's obvious resentment at the disparity between that and the enthusiasm to invest in bricks and mortar, which is basically ENIC storing up wealth that they will eventually liquidate for themselves. Players have smelt the coffee and refused to be strung along with contract extensions. Instead, they're taking matters into their own hands, and it would appear that the strength of feeling among some of them is such that they're moved to stick two fingers up in public while they're doing it.

the sad thing is I think if these players trusted a bit more in the clubs plan, they would have got the rise they felt they deserved once we were in the stadium, in the way that Dele did, or Kane, or the new lads.

the fact is that these players made it difficult for themselves, they showed no loyalty when they could have done and it meant we were minded to move them.

the sad thing is I think if these players trusted a bit more in the clubs plan, they would have got the rise they felt they deserved once we were in the stadium, in the way that Dele did, or Kane, or the new lads.

the fact is that these players made it difficult for themselves, they showed no loyalty when they could have done and it meant we were minded to move them.

Maybe these players may have trusted the club and they didn't key their rises/reward, unlike Dele and Kane?

Let’s say Danny sits out his 18 months. how much in demand is he likely to be by then and what kind of deal is he likely to command?
A new RB for us, in addition to Foyth, and he’s soon down the pecking order.
He’s clearly just trying to make a point but I’m not sure how it helps him.

Let’s say Danny sits out his 18 months. how much in demand is he likely to be by then and what kind of deal is he likely to command?

RB??

Erm... No, obviously not. Not sure what I meant there!
Getting my Auriers and Roses mixed up.
Still, he’s no longer the player he used to be and over 18 months I don’t see that getting any better. Point remains as to how attractive a signing he’ll be in 18 months.

Erm... No, obviously not. Not sure what I meant there!
Getting my Auriers and Roses mixed up.
Still, he’s no longer the player he used to be and over 18 months I don’t see that getting any better. Point remains as to how attractive a signing he’ll be in 18 months.

I don't think he'd be very attractive at all for a top 6 club tbh.
Once he leaves he's likely to go to an upcoming Northern team that wants to establish itself in mid-table and maybe pay him a slightly higher age than hes on now and give him the "he'll bring some much needed experience to this side" tag, perhaps being in the top 3 earners of the club.

I think his recent talk is just to stick two fingers at Levy imo...

Nobody seems to want him now ( no surprise to some).

You have to wonder who advises him. That previous rant in the sun and this. It devalues his ability. He is worth less to us, and to other teams because of it. A good Agent should oversee his media interviews and ensure they have sign off - where they can't publish the interview without it being okayed by the agent first. For Rose's own bank balance and good.

Nobody seems to want him now ( no surprise to some).
They will if the deals are good for all sides!
Same for all footballers now, they all will want to run their contracts down to a greater or lesser extent!
They all want a fair slice of the pie!

Maybe these players may have trusted the club and they didn't key their rises/reward, unlike Dele and Kane?

hmmm, maybe. Maybe there is something in the idea that Poch will have moved on full backs sooner because of their shorter shelf life in his system. But Toby also isn’t getting a contract and we’re not pushing the boat out to keep him. So it’s not a fullback thing. I think these players really ‘let the club down’ to an extent, failed to trust in us and asked for too much too soon, and created / found themselves in a tough situation.

there’s no reason Toby couldn’t have been our Terry, Rose our Azplicueta.

Using these parameters we would have 4 players left.

The kicker is he keeps on blabbing. I actually think he has been trying very hard this season and have no issue with his effort. What I have major issue with is
his gob
his thinking he is like a Robertson, flying forth and simply not having the puff to get back, plus being caught woefully out of position for at least three goals this season.
To double-down like he just did does no-one any favours.

You have to wonder who advises him. That previous rant in the sun and this. It devalues his ability. He is worth less to us, and to other teams because of it. A good Agent should oversee his media interviews and ensure they have sign off - where they can't publish the interview without it being okayed by the agent first. For Rose's own bank balance and good.

I agree!!!!!!

You're only worth what someone is willing to pay you.
As we have four players who now think they are worth more than we are paying them but can't get moves it would indicate that our valuation of them is closer to reality than theirs.

He gets 18 more months on a lucrative contract with us and then goes off to China or the MLS (they’ll take anyone) to feather his pension nest egg with a few more millions - and get to experience a new culture and lifestyle.

Sounds okay to me.

Back