• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Winks

I've been a Winks critic in the past, but if I was the guy I'd really have to fudging ask how I was first off yesterday?

To me Dele, Eriksen, Rose would have been off before Winks (especially when we were ahead).
I thought it was the right sub to make to bring NDombele on, who immediately started to do the things that Winks should've been doing (i.e. moving the ball forwards, quickly). The big mistake was replacing N'Domebele with Winks in the team in the first place I think. Although I do agree that both Eriksen and Dele were also just as poor as Winks yesterday.

I thought it was the right sub to make to bring NDombele on, who immediately started to do the things that Winks should've been doing (i.e. moving the ball forwards, quickly). The big mistake was replacing N'Domebele with Winks in the team in the first place I think. Although I do agree that both Eriksen and Dele were also just as poor as Winks yesterday.
Ndombele came on and sissoko took the winks role
They made it quite obvious on tv too
People are constantly comparing NDombele and winks and it’s odd as their completely different in where they play
Most like comparing a CB and a FB as they both play in defence

Ndombele came on and sissoko took the winks role
They made it quite obvious on tv too
People are constantly comparing NDombele and winks and it’s odd as their completely different in where they play
Most like comparing a CB and a FB as they both play in defence
That explains all the safety-first sideways passing then :p

CC2B1434-125B-45E8-9CA2-D090F6A3A25E.png

We have to be careful here. He, like several other players, look to be short of confidence atm. He has played far better than he has shown in recent games. In previous seasons he would have held onto the ball better under pressure, played more key passes and supported the attack better. The Munich game in particular has crushed him imo.

We shouldn't give up on him but he is not an automatic starter at the moment.

Common sense and i agree.

I think he is most at risk of being replaced. A DM is high on my list as I don't think that Winks has that physical side to his game to keep things tight back there, whilst Sissoko does get drawn out of position too easily. He's also not going to be in ahead of N'Dombele, GLC nor Dele in the two advanced midfield roles that we have seen in the last two games.

Only watched the first half but he played well, good tempo, kept things moving and always offered an option for a pass. Just what you want from him/that position really. Oppo, again, we’re terrible, but you can only play what’s in front of you.

I thought he had a fine game, very much the sort of game he was having for us last season. I watched to see his speed of forward movement, and it was crisp and efficient. Fast forward passes. Very good IMO but absolutely helped by having zippy FBs

Back